• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Jason Collins video...

KrishATL

i mean obviously he's past his prime and he never was an amazing player, but he seems to have a decent mid range jump shot, in the mold of zaza...and seems pretty darn good at drawing charges, which i always love. for the league vet minimum and a 11th//12th guy off the bench, we could do worse.

and of course the video is just highlights, so everyone looks good when they make jumpers and stuff but for whatever reason, i'm ok with this deal. as the saying goes...u can never have enough big bodies, esp with the big men in our conference this year.

i mean obviously he's past his prime and he never was an amazing player, but he seems to have a decent mid range jump shot, in the mold of zaza...and seems pretty darn good at drawing charges, which i always love. for the league vet minimum and a 11th//12th guy off the bench, we could do worse.

and of course the video is just highlights, so everyone looks good when they make jumpers and stuff but for whatever reason, i'm ok with this deal. as the saying goes...u can never have enough big bodies, esp with the big men in our conference this year.

need to press play again to watch it...

Exactly, let's not get spoiled around here now. He is a good third center; a few years ago we were starting guys like him.

Edited by swolehawk2

he's so good that's been warming the bench the last 5 seasons.

Exactly, let's not get spoiled around here now. He is a good third center; a few years ago we were starting guys like him.

Common sense at last. Collins was not signed to be our starter or sixth man in fact I doubt he even plays in the regular rotation. He was signed so that we would have a veteran post defender with girth to help us check opposing offensive true centers. You know, those 7 footers that tend to punk Al and Zaza by just being tall and coordinated in the latter's case.

he's so good that's been warming the bench the last 5 seasons.

What the heck are you talking about? We're bringing him in as a backup!!!!!! Do you want him to get 25 mins per? He's played backup mins the past 2 or 3 seasons and he was actually starting a couple of years b4 that. He's coming in as our 3RD BIG OFF THE BENCH!!!!!! Dude really, lighten up! :slap1:

• Like 1

What the heck are you talking about? We're bringing him in as a backup!!!!!! Do you want him to get 25 mins per? He's played backup mins the past 2 or 3 seasons and he was actually starting a couple of years b4 that. He's coming in as our 3RD BIG OFF THE BENCH!!!!!! Dude really, lighten up! :slap1:

Damn JY you are on a roll. I've been repping you all across the board because you are saving me atleast 2 years worth of carpal tunnel syndrome with your concise posts. :cheers:

Damn JY you are on a roll. I've been repping you all across the board because you are saving me atleast 2 years worth of carpal tunnel syndrome with your concise posts. :cheers:

Y thank you sir.

Y thank you sir.

true that. it's a testament to where we are as a team when we're discussing a third option for Center coming off the bench so heavily...few years ago, we wouldn't have even cared who rounded off the bench. love it.

J Collins is going to be put in to draw some fouls, charges and whatnot, or just to bully around some people down low.

he prob wont even see legit minutes, but the point is, if he were to in case one of our bigs gets hurt (which WILL happen sometime during the season), he should be able to carry those minutes without being a detriment to the team. it's on this season...

and as a side note...i finally got my girlfriend to watch some games with me...she's finally a basketball fan. hell yeah. and what do u know, her favorite players are Zaza (bc she likes it when the PA goes crazy sayin ZA ZA Pachooooolia!) and Bibby (bc she finds him cute with his little skipping he does). haha. whatever works right guys. ill take it.

she even bought me the NBA package this year out of the blue. livin in the CHI, i can cont to watch all the Hawks games i want. hell yeah :)

true that. it's a testament to where we are as a team when we're discussing a third option for Center coming off the bench so heavily...few years ago, we wouldn't have even cared who rounded off the bench. love it.

J Collins is going to be put in to draw some fouls, charges and whatnot, or just to bully around some people down low.

he prob wont even see legit minutes, but the point is, if he were to in case one of our bigs gets hurt (which WILL happen sometime during the season), he should be able to carry those minutes without being a detriment to the team. it's on this season...

and as a side note...i finally got my girlfriend to watch some games with me...she's finally a basketball fan. hell yeah. and what do u know, her favorite players are Zaza (bc she likes it when the PA goes crazy sayin ZA ZA Pachooooolia!) and Bibby (bc she finds him cute with his little skipping he does). haha. whatever works right guys. ill take it.

she even bought me the NBA package this year out of the blue. livin in the CHI, i can cont to watch all the Hawks games i want. hell yeah :)

Lol thats whats up. I got my girl watching basketball but this trick wants to be a Cleveland fan. Didn't quite work out the way I wanted it to but oh well. Lol