• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Should We Fear Them? The Hawks Preview

MaceCase

http://celticshub.com/2009/10/05/should-we-fear-them-the-hawks/

We've heard from the national media so why not hear from those that exclusively follow the enemy.

A taste.

...on paper, these are the same old Hawks—a slow-paced group that doesn’t do anything particularly well, rolls their eyes at Josh Smith at least once a game and watches as Joe Johnson wears down starting in February like clockwork. The Hawks have eschewed trades and major free agent moves in favor of developing their core of young players. This will not lead to a title, at least not in the next season or two. But we are not concerned with that. We’re concerned about whether the Hawks can foist on us a post-season agony...

Good article. It seems at Crawford may be getting exposed a bit in this article.

Everybody apparantely knows about Jamal Crawford, except for Sund and a few Hawks fans.

I'm telling you . . JC is equivalent to that asteroid that was about to hit Earth in the movie Armageddon. Woody MUST have a tight reign on that dude. He CANNOT let that dude with his so-called scoring ability destroy what we've built here the past 2 years. If he's going to take shots away from guys like JJ, Bibby, and Marvin, while shooting 40%, he becomes an instant problem.

I'll keep saying this . . if Jamal plays efficient basketball, people better give Woody a lot of the credit for that.

Everybody apparantely knows about Jamal Crawford, except for Sund and a few Hawks fans.

I'm telling you . . JC is equivalent to that asteroid that was about to hit Earth in the movie Armageddon. Woody MUST have a tight reign on that dude. He CANNOT let that dude with his so-called scoring ability destroy what we've built here the past 2 years. If he's going to take shots away from guys like JJ, Bibby, and Marvin, while shooting 40%, he becomes an instant problem.

I'll keep saying this . . if Jamal plays efficient basketball, people better give Woody a lot of the credit for that.

I think JC is going to fill Flips role to a capital T and these are the exact same concerns we had with Flips signing. Our bench needs firepower; last season it was Flip...the next two it will be Crawford. JC will not be taking shots away from the starters in so much as he will be taking them away from the bench players....

I think JC is going to fill Flips role to a capital T and these are the exact same concerns we had with Flips signing. Our bench needs firepower; last season it was Flip...the next two it will be Crawford. JC will not be taking shots away from the starters in so much as he will be taking them away from the bench players....

A side note:

I would love to see Teague and Crawford on the floor together. If Teague is really all that his teammates are saying, our 2nd team backcourt could be lightning in a bottle against the other teams bench...

Edited by Buzzard

Great point, and let's be honest who is really worried about him taking shots away from Mo Evans and ZaZa? Flip was a gunner last year off the bench and Crawford will do what Flip did only way better. I'm not really understanding the people who have a problem with this move.

• Moderators

Its a good point that we had the same worries about Flip. But Flip listened and was no a chucker at all for us. In fact I thought he was pretty selective and more than willing to give up the ball. Plus his defense was good. I think Flip gets a bad rap and we'll see if JC is willing to fit in the way Flip did or whether he's headed for the wood-paneled dog house. If JC can't play decent defense can we afford to have him and Bibby on the floor at the same time?