• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks starters good for 20 hot minutes

Hawksquawk

• Squawkers

HAWKSVILLE – So this is what the preseason looks like when your team is good enough to know that it means nothing.

The starters play sparingly. You don’t really care if your team wins or loses. And you get to know the free agent campers and rookies a little more than you probably want to in some cases. But until we get closer to the “real” games, this is it.

With a group of reporters in his office 90 minutes before the opening tip of Monday’s game against Charlotte at Philips Arena, Hawks coach Mike Woodson admitted as much, when asked when he was going to unleash his starters for more than 20 hot minutes (by time you finish here they should be done for the night).

“When we get to Washington (Oct. 19), Miami (Oct. 22 in Jacksonville) and Orlando (Oct. 23 in Dwightlando on ESPN),” Woodson said. “Those last three [preseason games], that’s when we’ll really start to burn these guys, because those a three teams we’re going to see.”

The Hawks are going to see all three of those …

View the full article

17 pts, 4 of 8 shooting, 9/10 from the line (wow), 7 assists to 4 TOs, 2 rebounds, 1 block, 1 steal, and just 1 foul. He isnt shotting many threes, but I like what I see from a stat perspective tonight.

Dude must be getting to the lane A LOT.

TO1: 5 seconds into the game Teague was called for an offensive foul by the replacement refs. JJ was dribbling.

TO2: Teague gave Josh an Alley but Josh decided not to oop. That's what the announcers said.

Don't remember the others.

Penetrating at will. Teague made a three pointer which was negated by an offensive foul in the paint.

Acie Law sat out today with minor ankle pain. He went 11-12 from Free Throw in one game. Averaging 14.5 in 2 pre-season games.

17 pts, 4 of 8 shooting, 9/10 from the line (wow), 7 assists to 4 TOs, 2 rebounds, 1 block, 1 steal, and just 1 foul. He isnt shotting many threes, but I like what I see from a stat perspective tonight.

He has been getting to the lane at will this preseason. And the scary thing is that his sure fire jumper is off (Getting use to NBA 3-range)

• Premium Member

JT is the TRUTH. Everytime Woody or one of the players say something about him, it's positive. They're almost begging him to take over and be more vocal because his game is already NBA ready. I'm getting the feeling that he'll be penciled in as Bibby's backup and will get decent minutes from the start of the season. This kid was an absolute steal.

Again I will say I'll take Marvin, Horford and Teague over Chris Paul. I told yall for all of us that miss Flip Teague will be a better version mock my words. I also said he will be starting next year with Jamal/Joe does/does not come back again mock my words.

Edited by sillent

• Premium Member

Okay, so here's the deal in my world. Law was able to get in the lane like Teague in the early preseason. But he WASN'T able to do it with such speed and grit. Those two things have me excited. Teague will probably shoot a much lower percentage this year, but his ability to get in the lane is going to be huge at times.

Oh, and to see Marvin and Smith taking it to the rack has me ready for the season now...

The more highlights I see of Teague, the more he reminds me of TJ Ford but with a little more size. He has the speed and quickness TJ possesses, and can get to the lane at will. The added size helps him not get taken advantage of on defense, as opposed to TJ.

I'd be more than happy with that.

The more highlights I see of Teague, the more he reminds me of TJ Ford but with a little more size. He has the speed and quickness TJ possesses, and can get to the lane at will. The added size helps him not get taken advantage of on defense, as opposed to TJ.

I'd be more than happy with that.

He is a muuuuuuuuuch better shooter than Ford. He is pretty much the total package in a PG on offense. Just needs to improve his D a bit, but he is already much better than Bibby (though that isn't saying much)

• Moderators

I am very, very excited about what I have seen from Teague but keep it in perspective that this is the preseason and being a scoring PG is not the same as running an offense. Let's keep the expectations reasonable for a guy who even his biggest fans admits needs polishing as a distributor and playmaker.

I agree AHF, but in terms of how we (or Woody) likes our PG's, he has all the tools he needs already.

But then again, 8 then 7 assist's the past 2 nights isnt bad. Maybe he will have better success distributing in the pro's because he will be surrounded by better finisher's than his prep days. Who know's though, you can never really judge how a player's game will evolve once he plays in a pro system.