• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Joe Johnson Questions Hawks' Direction

Plainview1981

• Premium Member

Looks like he is trying to be a more vocal leader this season.

Very good to see.

I am glad he is not afraid to call the team out.

He's done this a couple times in the past, as I recall, and both times the Hawks came out of the gate strong after his comments. But as always, we weren't able to sustain it. C'est la Hawks...

I've said it before and I will say it again, I believe there is a 33% chance Joe comes back with us. He needed to call this team out, it's not THAT we lost, it is HOW we lost. Period. Everyone was garbage and Joe knows we can't play like that in the regular season. If this is Joe trying to be a more vocal leader, great...but it has been a long time coming.

Edited by TheTruth

I've said it before and I will say it again, I believe there is a 33% chance Joe comes back with us. He needed to call this team out, it's not THAT we lost, it is HOW we lost. Period. Everyone was garbage and Joe knows we can't play like that in the regular season. If this is Joe trying to be a more vocal leader, great...but it has been a long time coming.

I think the problem many have is that Vince handed Joe his lunch right from the start. Where is that leadership on the court when someone like Vince is going nutz ? How about he throw a hard foul or something .He was so laid back he shouldve just stayed on the team bus and snoozed . Where is Joe taking a charge, going hard for a block,or diving for a loose ball ? The young guys have followed his lead of laid backness and now hes shocked ? Say it aint so Joe ..

• Premium Member

I think the problem many have is that Vince handed Joe his lunch right from the start. Where is that leadership on the court when someone like Vince is going nutz ? How about he throw a hard foul or something .He was so laid back he shouldve just stayed on the team bus and snoozed . Where is Joe taking a charge, going hard for a block,or diving for a loose ball ? The young guys have followed his lead of laid backness and now hes shocked ? Say it aint so Joe ..

Yeah, because we all know how many times Wade, LeBron, and Kobe have thrown hard fouls during a game...

So true...........and every scout and executive saw the truth.

Don't get my wrong..............I hope JJ starts the season on a tear and this awful loss is used to motivate the team to come out on fire and with tons of passion.

Edited by coachx

• Premium Member

Every team stinks it up now and again. The better teams do it less often.

What's most important though, is that the best teams shake it off, learn from it, and bounce back. Let's see how we come out in the season opener.