• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Vs. Blazers

ATLSmith

HAWKS 97, BLAZERS 91

Joe Johnson stepped it up in the fourth quarter.

Crawford made amazing passes to Al Horford.

The hawks did well on the fast break.

Good defense by Al and Smoove.

Crawford sealed the game with two free throws.

If the Hawks can play with this resiliency on the road all year we'll be in great shape. Nice way to bounce back after the Lakers game. Hopefully no let down in Sacramento.

Back to back games on the west coast worries me. Sacramento is an inferior team, but it sets up as a home game they may win. East coast team playing last night, winning @ Portland. It's gonna be a grind, already in the fourth game. But, 3-1! Gotta love it...

Very good win by this team tonight.

This is definitely the one game on this trip that I was looking forward to. Portland, for right now, is the right team for us to measure ourselves by. This is a very good home team, with one of the loudest arenas in the league. For once, we didn't get rattled, we battled the entire game, and we finished the game off.

To win 50+ games, we don't necessarily have to win in Boston or LA, but we do have to win in places like Portland, Dallas and Miami. Eventually, we do need to pull off one or two wins vs the top level teams, but I'll settle for a win @ Portland for right now.

This is definitely the one game on this trip that I was looking forward to. Portland, for right now, is the right team for us to measure ourselves by. This is a very good home team, with one of the loudest arenas in the league. For once, we didn't get rattled, we battled the entire game, and we finished the game off.

To win 50+ games, we don't necessarily have to win in Boston or LA, but we do have to win in places like Portland, Dallas and Miami. Eventually, we do need to pull off one or two wins vs the top level teams, but I'll settle for a win @ Portland for right now.

I know that this is a pretty random thought but has anyone else noticed the hard fouls that Joe Smith is laying on people when they drive the lane? We need that out of our bigs, Al doesn't really do it and Josh definitely doesn't do it. Something small like that is the type of thing that I was hoping that Joe would bring to our team and I hope that it starts to rub off on the rest of the guys.

Portland is one of the best rebounding teams in Nba, but tonight we out rebounded them by 10... Once these guys put this kind of effort consistently every game than we will become even better team...... Right now you sill don't know what to get from the Hawks... When the effort is there we can beat anybody.... Hopefully they do this for the rest of the season.... Tonight i saw everyone crashing the boards and playing good D to get a chance for the rebound...

Great job HAwks, pls keep it up!

Horford with yet another double-double. If he can start hitting those open jumpers he's going to be absolutely deadly.

Josh Smith played some great defense. He hustled down the court on every defensive possession. I read that he's trying to make the all-defensive team this year and if he keeps playing D like this people are going to sit up and take notice.

Jamal Crawford... Welcome to Atlanta.

Anyone else notice that the Hawks are moving arround more on offence? There are still times where they still seem to stand arround, but for the most part they look more active. There was some good passing in this game too.

Edited by ATLSmith

Err yeah what he said

Err yeah what he said

Err yeah what he said

I know that this is a pretty random thought but has anyone else noticed the hard fouls that Joe Smith is laying on people when they drive the lane? We need that out of our bigs, Al doesn't really do it and Josh definitely doesn't do it. Something small like that is the type of thing that I was hoping that Joe would bring to our team and I hope that it starts to rub off on the rest of the guys.

Oh ya...........Joe Smith came in vs. the Lakers and did a hard, foul early in the 4th quarter, to stop their lay-up drills.

That is what we need out of him ZaZa, and Collins.

Sine Joe Smith is such a veteran the refs let him get away with some hard fouls where a younger player may get a flagarant foul call.

• Premium Member

It was a solid win. Its great seeing these guys mature as a group and not get rattled as we've seen them do so many times in the past. They held it together, played good defense,survived two good Portland runs in the second half and still came out on top. Crawford was simply amazing last night. JJ rebounded from a putrid first half and whatever he did to Roy on defense I hope he has a big bottle of it for the rest of the season. I've never seen Roy play as badly as he did last night.