• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

22 points on 10 shot, 7 assists, 6 blocks, 9 boards, and just 1 turnover and only 1 outside shot that he made

timdawg777

One of hallmarks of maturity is consistency. Hope it sticks.

That goes for the whole team...but:

We did bounce back after a embarassing loss.

We put away a good but beat up Nuggets team early and often.

We had solid performances all the way around.

This whole game is a positive sign of growing maturity and consistency.

Smoove was easity the best player out there tonight and he should be the NBA player of the night if they have such a honor.

Edited by Buzzard

Great performance. Great game. Go Hawks!

I just hope that the team can grow together instead of apart. Joe's comments could be taken the wrong way. Also, Joe needs to take his own advice. When Joe starts getting hot from outside, we will be even more dangerous. He is getting a lot more open jumpshots this year!

I just hope that the team can grow together instead of apart. Joe's comments could be taken the wrong way. Also, Joe needs to take his own advice. When Joe starts getting hot from outside, we will be even more dangerous. He is getting a lot more open jumpshots this year!

True. That's because the rest of the team has increased their offensive participation. I know Joe is trying to strut his stuff this year to prove he is elite enough to demand any kind of money. I just hope he doesn't put that above the teams goals. He needs to understand that in order for him to increase his numbers, he has to let the young guys grow and take on more offensive responsibilities. This is the only way it will make his job easier every night. That way, whenever Joe isn't performing his role as a scorer (like he often does a lot of nights), they rest of the team, unlike years past, can pick up the load. It shouldn't be the joe show only on offense and Horf, Josh, Marv play defense then back to standing and watching joe.

Way to go JOSH! You and Marv keep it up. We need you guys to be more active on both ends this year. Keep working on that jumpshot. If Tyrus Thomas can learn, you can too.

Josh leads the team this year in Assists, Steals, Blocks, FG%. He is 2nd in Rebounds and 3rd in PPG. IMO, this game is not a fluke or a one time deal.

Props to Woody for leaving him in an extra minute and a half over the other starters to see if he could get that 10th rebound and a get a double/double. That's a good bone to throw a player who's working for you.

It seems Joshh has finally realized that there are only 2 All-Star spots available at forward (LeBron's is built in for another 10 years at least), and he's making all these coaches take notice (but hopefully not the ones who vote for Wally Sczerbiak, Ben Wallace, and Ilgauskus and bypass Bibby and The Jet.) Josh would electrify an All-Star Game, and continuing to play like this, it seems like his time. Stuff the Stat Sheet, folk. First time the Hawks played Defense throughout the contest. I guess Marvin thought the season started last night, a week late. Someone tell Marvin that he is damn good at drawing fouls when he faces-up and dribble drives. DON'T STOP!!! Let's go Men.

By far the best game I have ever seen Josh play! It was really a COMPLETE performance. I hope he continues to work from the inside out! When he does, he's nearly unstoppable. If he continues to play to his strengths, he can be a star for a long time in this league! And it looks like that ankle has recovered from that sprain last year cause his hops are straight sick right now!

Last season Smith didn't block 6 shots in a game all year. He got 5 blocks only once and that was before his injury. That just shows how much his injury affected him.

in terms of the All-Star game a big key for him will be rebounds. I doubt he is going to get in averaging 6 or 7 rebounds per game.

Definitely the best I've seen Smoove play in his career. He showed flashes of the Shawn Kemp-like power player that I think he can be. And once again, after JJ calls "the team" out, "the team" responds with a good game to produce a win.

7 games in, and Smoove hasn't attepted a single 3 pointer. That's amazing to me. And that has dramatically improved his FG%. 57% FG? For Smoove? Even after 7 games, that's incredible for him.

Definitely the best I've seen Smoove play in his career. He showed flashes of the Shawn Kemp-like power player that I think he can be. And once again, after JJ calls "the team" out, "the team" responds with a good game to produce a win.

7 games in, and Smoove hasn't attepted a single 3 pointer. That's amazing to me. And that has dramatically improved his FG%. 57% FG? For Smoove? Even after 7 games, that's incredible for him.

Actually, I think there is a small power struggle going on in the team. I think JJ feels dissed but his play hasn't earned that "I'm LEET" status he desires. I think Josh has been trying to assume that mantle.

Has anyone else noticed how he directs people on the defensive end and how his head drops when he sees Joe start to ISO on the left.

Actually, I think there is a small power struggle going on in the team. I think JJ feels dissed but his play hasn't earned that "I'm LEET" status he desires. I think Josh has been trying to assume that mantle.

Has anyone else noticed how he directs people on the defensive end and how his head drops when he sees Joe start to ISO on the left.

I think Marvin, Smoove, and Horf get along pretty well; just from their interactions on the bench. JJ does not high five and bump chest very much with anyone. I do not want to read to much into that but I do think our three frontline players have a mutual respect for each other.

Marvin and Smoove act like two kids on the playground when things are going well for either of them; and Horf is always waving a towel when he is on the bench cheering whomever just made a standout play.

JJ is seriously not a emotional leader and that could very well rub some guys the wrong way. Like I said, don't want to read to much into this; but I think it is obvious that Horf, Marvin, and Smoove show a lot more emotion for their team mates playing well than JJ...

JSmoove so far is making his case for the best current Hawk. Without him Hawks are 0.500 team. He's unselfish, versatile, mentally tough and game changer. His block on Anderson killed Nugget's momentum. He did it many times before by blocking shots, stealing the ball and/or going strong at the rim.

I know Josh Smith is not perfect (he was hearing for three years that lack of 3 point shooting is what keeps him away from being all star caliber player in this league, so now he needs another three to realize that it's not his way to greatness) but nobody is.

• Premium Member

JSmoove so far is making his case for the best current Hawk. Without him Hawks are 0.500 team. He's unselfish, versatile, mentally tough and game changer. His block on Anderson killed Nugget's momentum. He did it many times before by blocking shots, stealing the ball and/or going strong at the rim.

I know Josh Smith is not perfect (he was hearing for three years that lack of 3 point shooting is what keeps him away from being all star caliber player in this league, so now he needs another three to realize that it's not his way to greatness) but nobody is.

Its JJ's team, always will be, but Smoove is pushing as the second best player. Its impossible to pick between him, Horford and Crawford at this point. Frankly the only disappointment has been Marvin's ability to just disappear during a game.

Its JJ's team

True.

always will be,

You probably mean as long as he stays here (he might be gone after this season). Most likely but it doesn't have to be that way. This role doesn't suite him.

but Smoove is pushing as the second best player. Its impossible to pick between him, Horford and Crawford at this point. Frankly the only disappointment has been Marvin's ability to just disappear during a game.

Crawford second best? No way, he's a one dimensional player. I don't think that anyone would pick him over Horf or Smoove. Al is played out of position. As a center he doesn't provide enough offensive presence down low and is too short to defend top league bigs, but he's also having great season so far. BTW he also leads team in +/- stat (which tells a lot about our subs at C), Mike is second and Josh third.

For me - Josh wins.

Edited by tremor