• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Some Love for M. Bibby

txsting

I've noticed that Bibby has almost become a forgotten man. Remember when BK swung that trade, it's all anyone could talk about for months. Bibby's presence has really pushed us over the top. The hopeful talk on Teague got way out of hand in the offseason (just as it did when we drafted Acie, if you remember), but it is so clear that Bibby is the man and the leader of this team. Unfortunately Teague is not going to get a chance to develop with Bibby and Crawford on this roster, but that's for another thread.

Bibs is out there every night, consistently playing his game, playing solid and inspired ball. He rarely makes a mistake, his clutch shooting is money, and his presence touches the whole team. I just hope he can remain healthy because I really feel we would step back without him.

I've noticed that Bibby has almost become a forgotten man. Remember when BK swung that trade, it's all anyone could talk about for months. Bibby's presence has really pushed us over the top. The hopeful talk on Teague got way out of hand in the offseason (just as it did when we drafted Acie, if you remember), but it is so clear that Bibby is the man and the leader of this team. Unfortunately Teague is not going to get a chance to develop with Bibby and Crawford on this roster, but that's for another thread.

Bibs is out there every night, consistently playing his game, playing solid and inspired ball. He rarely makes a mistake, his clutch shooting is money, and his presence touches the whole team. I just hope he can remain healthy because I really feel we would step back without him.

9 assists last night.

Bibs is shootin daggers in the 4th quarter. I hope Woody doesn't destroy Teague's confidence. But you are right; as much as Bibs gives up on D, he is so valuable on the other end.

• Moderators

i agree 100%. I thought the same thing in the Knicks game. I'm so glad he signed with us and at a pretty reasonable contract. He just plain shows up every game and keeps things steady. That alone would be good but knocking down 3s when we need them most is huge.

Last night was his most impressive game of the season. He distributed the ball nicely. Thats what we need from him. Obviously its nice to have him get 10+ a night but I also want him to get 8 assist.

Yes, I thought Bibby quietly owned that game last night. Not flashy. Fundamental.

Bibby usually gives good rhythm to offensive game, he's good shooter, also from midrange. His defense is not that catastrophic - while not fast nor athletic he always puts effort, challenges shots and understands well team defense - in other words does what he can. He's most vulnerable against fast players, that's why he shouldn't play together with Zaza and why we'll see more Teague on Friday against Boston.

All I want to know is who the heck is Bibby going to guard tonight against Boston? Rajon Rondo? Ray Allen? Turrible mismatch, just turrible (Charles Barkley's voice)

This makes you realize how deep we are when you can forget a player that had so much of an impact a year a two ago and is still a big contributor.

That's a nice point. He seems to disappear sometimes on the court now when watching them play...it's never been like that before. Yet, he's still doing his thing. We have so many guys that focus our attention - depth - that Bibby just gets folded into the mix.

Edited by buckeye242424

The day we got Bibby was the day everything changed in Hawksville for the better. He is a steadying force out there and his timly 3's were what kept Boston at bay tonite. Bibby desrves a lot of credit. His minutes have taken a hit with Crawford here, but when the games on the line, I think we will be seeing Bibby, Joe and Craw out there, with Horf & Josh. In fact, with Marvin doing his INvisible Man routine this season, we may be seeing a lot more of that lineup.

• Premium Member

I call him names. I laugh at his funny walk. I wanted him gone. But nights like tonight is the reason I'm happy he's on this team.

I only saw the second half of the game, but I saw Bibby hitting a lot of important three pointers for the hawks. What happened to Marvin Wiliiams? I don't think I saw him play.

Bibby is one of those players who leads and does a lot of little things that don't always show up in a box score. He's got a TON of basketball sense and really has a knack for knowing placement. His vision is very good and he's been a fantastic teammate. A lot of that goes farther than 10+ assists in a game.

I like the way Bibby plays. Too many people looking for highlights, but he is a quiet killer for us.

• Like 1

I only saw the second half of the game, but I saw Bibby hitting a lot of important three pointers for the hawks. What happened to Marvin Wiliiams? I don't think I saw him play.

Bibby is in a nice place IMHO. Sure he gets beat off the dribble a lot but we have the athleticism and shot blockers inside to somewhat neutralize that. And...there is really no substitute for a guy who can hit a couple or three clutch three pointers late in a game and has good hands for steals and the like. That fullcourt pass he made for an easy layup was a big play in the game.

Now to be fair - I would prefer that he didn't have to guard a guy like Garnett off the switches too often (listening Woody?)

Bibby is one of those players who leads and does a lot of little things that don't always show up in a box score. He's got a TON of basketball sense and really has a knack for knowing placement. His vision is very good and he's been a fantastic teammate. A lot of that goes farther than 10+ assists in a game.

I like the way Bibby plays. Too many people looking for highlights, but he is a quiet killer for us.

Couldn't have said it better myself. He truly is a steadying force. His defense may leave much to be desired, but he has everything else you want in a [vet] PG--and then some.

Now to be fair - I would prefer that he didn't have to guard a guy like Garnett off the switches too often (listening Woody?)

Still he managed to grab a board against him.

Another great game from underappreciated HAwk.