Dominique

CrawDaddy

Here's a tip if you're not a big fan of listening to 'Nique: go to the games. I'm currently finishing a grad program in NYC, and I have to go down to the village pourhouse and bark at them to put on the Hawks games. Sometimes this one manager who happens to love the Hawks is there. He put on the audio one time. I relish the chance even to be able to listen to the game audio. You people who are in ATL, go to the games. That's what I'm going to do as much as I possibly can when I get back in January. ATL for life.

Bob: "And that 3 puts the Hawks up 5 with 20 seconds to go"

Nique: " Good night Irene, that was the camel that broke the straws...........Uh i mean the Straw the broke the Camels back Bob, big shot by Bibby there"

Bob: There is still 20 seconds left so the Hawks can't get to complacent"

Nique: You're right but that just had that feeling as a back breaker"

Coming out of the TO--

Bob:"And they get a wide open 3 from the corner, where was the D on that one, My goodness, so they foul Joe"

Nique: "Hopefully Joe can make both these FT's and the Hawks can get out of here with a win"

Bob:" Joe misses the 1st, man. He makes the 2nd, the Hawks up 3"

Bob:" Do they foul or just play straight up right here"

Nique:" I think you just play straight up D and not risk getting a 4 point play, because that would be a awful way to lose a game".

Bob:" Alright here we go the desperation 3 is banked in at the buzzer, you have got be kidding me. (random player) banks in a wild 3 to send this game in to OT.

In OT--

Bob: "And that FT puts the Hawks in front by 4 with 15 seconds left."

Nique:" Yep the Hawks look like they have this one in the bag Bob."

Bob(off camera to Nique):" Are you trying to piss me off??"

Nique:(off camera)"What are you talking about?? Don't try me like that, okay".

Bob:" Were you even paying attention at the end of regulation , it's not over, my goodness".

Nique"They only have 15 seconds left so it's looks promising Bob, i think that was the dagger".

Bob:" And the 3 is good, oh My, it's a 1 point game with 9 seconds on the clock."

Bob:" So they foul Horford and he misses 1 of 2 FT's and they have the ball with 7 seconds to either tie or win".

Nique:". Well it's time to make or break........

Bob:" Whatever the Hawks have their best defensive hands in there in Mo, Joe, Horf ,Josh, and Bibby's in there too.

Bob:" And they tip it in with 3 tenths of a second left and this game looks like it's going to double OT"

Nique:" Man oh man, you just have to give them credit for making tough baskets all night in the clutch"

2nd OT--

Bob:" And the Hawks go up by 6 with a 50 seconds on the clock"

Nique:"This game is over, i tell you that last shot by Joe was an absolute back breaker."

Bob:" City of Atlanta, i just can't take this anymore, i have officially resigned from being the Hawks Broadcaster cause no sane individual can put up with this {Drops mic and leaves}

Nique:" What is his problem, i didn't see that one coming"

Mike:" I'll be sitting in for Bob, he had to take care of some things unclear to us as of right now".

Nique:" Is he alright"

Mike:" I don't know"

Well by the end of the night the game would go into another OT with Nique claiming a record 23 times that the game was over,the Hawks win but Mike Glenn eventually almost comes to blows with Nique after the game because of constant mind numbing critique. Bob eventually gets it all worked out and Nique is switched back to the studio with Jerome and Mike Glenn takes his rightful spot along side Bob.

Hawks fans who watched the drama unfold after the game--- :cant believe: :ohmy: :eek: :huh: :question:

Edited by HawkFoLife
  • Like 2

• Premium Member

Stinger wants no part of traveling

No surprised by this. Mike has a son that should be a Junior in high school. I would think he wants to be around for him at least until he graduates.

Man come on he has good announcers besides the networks? Nique is fine. I always get a kick out of him dissing some dudes shooting form.

Nique: "Player A has an ugly shot. Kind of like a one winged duck, having a stroke while swimming, but it goes in"

Edited by sultanofatl

He says "That's the dagger!" at least twice every game. Once for when he says it prematurely and once for the actual "dagger." And I love how he always says "He was TOOOO wide open!" like every time it's some hilarious thing he just thought of.

Man you are so right about that "dagger" phrase. My wife laughs at me every game that I watch on TV because the first time he says it, I usually yell "STFU 'Nique, you're going to jinx them!"

I wonder if ATL Spirit will replace Nique with a better color guy next season. He is still an executive in the organization. Let someone who a lot better do the job.