• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks or Falcons?

Atlantaholic

• Premium Member

Today I started thinking about how unlikely 2009 has been as a sports year for an Atlanta sports fan... The team that was supposed to have turned the corner and shed their losing ways, the Falcons, look to be headed to another devistatingly dissapointing end to their season, while the team that has been one of the most embarrasingly futile franchises in the last decade, The Hawks, seem to have, perhaps, the best team in franchise history, and a young core that can seemingly buoy us to sustained relevance in the upcoming years. Usually I would feel crushed by the way the Falcons have played in a year where they had their highest expectations since the season after the superbowl. This year however, I just don't feel the sting as much... I came to realize that the Hawks simply are just more dear to my heart, and if I had the chance of flip flopping the way the Hawks and Falcons have played this year, I don't think I would do it.

Knowing that many fans here are fans of both teams, I had to ask the question. If you could choose one of the two teams to make a champinship run who would it be, and why?

Hawks,

for some reason I have found the Hawks more enjoyable to watch this year than the Falcons. I have always been a much bigger Falcons fan though. I want the Falcons to win out and finally get back to back winning seasons but I doubt they can make it to the playoffs let alone make a run once they get there. The Hawks however are at the start of what seems to be becoming a beautiful ride. I feel this team can hang with anybody and I am ready for them to prove all the doubters wrong and knock off the Big 3 in the East come playoff time

I still think you'll get majority Hawks answers considering the board we're on.

I just want the Falcons to have back to back winning seasons honestly, then we'll talk championship.....so tired of hearing that stat. It's burden, maybe a curse. Hawks are definitely closer to me and I'd love an NBA championship more than an NFL one.

Like you said, Hawks are much funner to watch this season.

Hawks,

for some reason I have found the Hawks more enjoyable to watch this year than the Falcons. I have always been a much bigger Falcons fan though. I want the Falcons to win out and finally get back to back winning seasons but I doubt they can make it to the playoffs let alone make a run once they get there. The Hawks however are at the start of what seems to be becoming a beautiful ride. I feel this team can hang with anybody and I am ready for them to prove all the doubters wrong and knock off the Big 3 in the East come playoff time

He's not asking who you think has a better chance of making the playoffs... he's asking which team between the two you'd prefer to win it all...

I'd prefer the Hawks, personally. Because we were even bigger underdogs coming into our season than the Falcons were. Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge Falcons fan... but right now it doesn't seem like it's their year. They don't deserve anything more than the Hawks IMO. Granted, they've been hit bad with the injury bug... but the Hawks were downplayed this season and kind of tossed aside for the 'Big 3'. If we win a championship it'll make a huge statement to all the haters and nonebelievers (which is pretty much every one else besides the fans here in Atlanta).

I can't answer that question. Considering that they're my lifelong teams, I want BOTH of them to win championships. They, along with the Braves are the only NFL, NBA, and MLB teams I know. But I do think the Falcons have some sort of hex on them. Where were these injuries last year? They resemble the soldiers from the Bataan death march than an NFL team with so many players missing games. And the NFL schedule maker has to be a Saints fan; who the hell would scheduled them to play not one, not two, but FOUR teams coming off bye weeks? Will New Orleans get the same deal next year? I doubt it because they're the NFL darling-du-jour right now.

Okay, okay, I'm off my soapbox. Not that I'm bitter but if the Saints don't make the Super Bowl, I'll be as giddy as a 10-year old getting his first BMX for Christmas.

I can't answer that question. Considering that they're my lifelong teams, I want BOTH of them to win championships. They, along with the Braves are the only NFL, NBA, and MLB teams I know. But I do think the Falcons have some sort of hex on them. Where were these injuries last year? They resemble the soldiers from the Bataan death march than an NFL team with so many players missing games. And the NFL schedule maker has to be a Saints fan; who the hell would scheduled them to play not one, not two, but FOUR teams coming off bye weeks? Will New Orleans get the same deal next year? I doubt it because they're the NFL darling-du-jour right now.

Okay, okay, I'm off my soapbox. Not that I'm bitter but if the Saints don't make the Super Bowl, I'll be as giddy as a 10-year old getting his first BMX for Christmas.

They won't make the Super Bowl.

:comp_virus:

Hawks or Falcons? Hum. Let's see.

This is kinda like saying to someone, which one of your children do you love the best,

the youngest or the oldest??

GO HAWKS !!

GO FALCONS !!

:helpsmilie:

:comp_virus:

Hawks or Falcons? Hum. Let's see.

This is kinda like saying to someone, which one of your children do you love the best,

the youngest or the oldest??

GO HAWKS !!

GO FALCONS !!

:helpsmilie:

Interesting angle Graymule. I don't have kids, so I can't relate. However I have two beagles that I consider my "kids"....haha, so I can see where you're coming from on a much, much smaller level obviously... But to entertain the original post, I think most here would choose the Hawks because the name of the site. Plus, the Falcons, albeit, a long time ago, have had a taste of what a championship team experiences. In my lifetime, the Hawks' trials and tribulations have been well documented. So far, this year has been like something out of the "Twilight Zone"...Blowout wins, talk of two all-stars (or 3, hell), Woody on National TV, beating the best team record wise in the league on their court, reaching number 1 on multiple "power rankings"....this stuff is weird.

• Premium Member

Hawks, and it's not even close. The Falcons had their moments over the years, but the Hawks should be the hottest ticket in town right now. They're playing EXCELLENT, EXCITING basketball and the represent the city well. I think we have a chance to make a run this year. If we can get to the Eastern Conference Finals, anything can happen.

I'm a HUGE falcons fan but its not even close..............HAWKS ALL DAY EVERYDAY!!!!!!