• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I Kinda Feel Bad Watching Josh Smith

AScentCalledZaza

Watching Smith with the ball in his hand on the perimeter kinda reminds me of looking at somebody's dog with a muzzle around it's mouth. You see Smith hesitate for just a second, and you can tell he wants to throw it up sooooo bad. But just like with the dog, the muzzle is there for a reason, and as soon as you remove it, somebody is liable to get bitten. Still though, I can't help but feel a weird measure of sympathy for him, lol.

Edited by AScentCalledZaza
  • Like 2

Watching Smith with the ball in his hand on the perimeter kinda reminds me of looking at somebody's dog with a muzzle around it's mouth. You see Smith hesitate for just a second, and you can tell he wants to throw it up sooooo bad. But just like with the dog, the muzzle is there for a reason, and as soon as you remove it, somebody is liable to get bitten. Still though, I can't help but feel a weird measure of sympathy for him, lol.

Is it just me or do post like these always backfire with the hawks. One day we say Josh has a muzzle around the perimeter. The NEXT GAME, Josh goes like 0-5 from the perimeter.

• Like 1

Is it just me or do post like these always backfire with the hawks. One day we say Josh has a muzzle around the perimeter. The NEXT GAME, Josh goes like 0-5 from the perimeter.

I think everytime Josh shoots the ball from the perimeter, the guy from the Oil commercials should run out and whack him across the backside and say, "You weren't thinking with your dipstick Joshy"

I think Josh clearly took the night off. If you could read his facial expression early in the game it was obvious he wanted to be somewhere else last night and it showed in his extremely poor play. He still isn't a dependable player.

There is still a part of Josh that doesn't fully "get it" yet and thinks he is a great jump shooter. He has to realize not taking 3's was a great improvement, but that doesn't mean that long jumpers 1 foot inside the arc are OK. Josh shoots more "bricks" that miss the hoop badly than anyone else on the Hawks. These "bricks" should clue him to the fact that he's NOT a good jump shooter. I still believe Josh "thinks" he is a good jump shooter and until he totally removes that part of his game, he will never fulfil his 100% potential. He doesn't need that to be an effective offensive player. There are tons of 6' 9" players who never shoot jump shots but still are high scoring players.

Josh will revert to his jump-shooting ways once in a while. He feels disrespected when the defense sags and basically gives him a force field, begging him to shoot, so he tries to prove them wrong, to the Hawks' detriment of course. I wonder what Mark Price is doing with him, if anything at all. Josh should always aim for the square and look to do some banking, 'cause shooting for the rim just ain't his thing.

I think Josh clearly took the night off. If you could read his facial expression early in the game it was obvious he wanted to be somewhere else last night and it showed in his extremely poor play. He still isn't a dependable player.

That's what Stacy King was saying while I was watching the game on WGN.

Growing pain.

• Premium Member

I think everytime Josh shoots the ball from the perimeter, the guy from the Oil commercials should run out and whack him across the backside and say, "You weren't thinking with your dipstick Joshy"

:laughing5:

That was the only game of the year that I remember him going back to his old ways.I hope he learned from it and goes back to what he was doing before.

Josh's approach reminds me of myself in my youth. Not as a basketball player (so this is a tad OT). Still - he tends to ascend only to later descend a bit. My early service record in the Navy (first ten years or so) was very checkered. I would do some very good things - excel - get awards - and then (for some reason) - screw up. Still, I always had more awards than most and more awards than reprimands, I guess that's why they put up with me until I grew up a bit.

Smoove seems similar in some respects...I almost think it's the desire to be "on the edge"...no matter which "edge" you are on...at least you're not bored. I don't think it's a lack of desire per se...more like a semi-addiction to testing bounadaries...to see what one can get away with. The short-term failure and reinforcing of discipline is almost wanted. Then a person gets another challenge. The "clock" is set back to zero and you have to climb that mountain again.