• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Live and Die by Joe Johnson

frankthetank966

Joe Johnson did put up 40 points and made 5-7 3pts. Joe did play a great defensive game. But after missing shot after shot late in the 4th and early in OT its time to pass the ball. Thats what he definitely did not do tonight. Only 4 assists? I understand Smith was 2-12 from the field and thats a huge go to guy but he needs to pass more and try not to do so much.

We should have won this game but just didnt move the ball well at all towards the end of the game and its because of Joe Johnson.

• Like 1

Smoove was a mess tonight - likely due to partying after the Utah game - nobody else was doing much except Horford. JJ kept us in the game until he wore out. I agree with giving credit where credit is due - but the reverse is also true. If not for JJ and Horford (and the backups) we get beat by 10 or more.

Marvin was leaving everything short - wide open. Horford saved our arses more than once when Marvin bricked an open shot and he got the O rebound.

Joe Johnson did put up 40 points and made 5-7 3pts. Joe did play a great defensive game. But after missing shot after shot late in the 4th and early in OT its time to pass the ball. Thats what he definitely did not do tonight. Only 4 assists? I understand Smith was 2-12 from the field and thats a huge go to guy but he needs to pass more and try not to do so much.

We should have won this game but just didnt move the ball well at all towards the end of the game and its because of Joe Johnson.

Sometimes I wonder if people watch the same game I watch. Cause I saw JJ not only taking the game over, but also passing to wide open people . . who didn't make shots. The dude shoud've honestly had 8 assists at least tonight.

LOL @ the 3 being too far for Bibby . . a guy who is the best 3 point shooter on the team. Just 2 minutes earlier, JJ drew almost the entire team on him down on the baseline, and kicked it out to a WIDE OPEN BIBBY at the same spot in which he passed up the 3 at the end of the game. Bibby misses a shot that he almost always hits.

But that's how basketball is sometimes.

JJ did everything possible to win this game tonight, and people still aren't satisfied. Most people who saw that game has no problem with JJ's effort tonight.

• Like 1

The Hawks are 7-5 on the road after tonight.

Do you carry a napkin to wipe the drool off your face?

7-5 is supposed to be good? Compared to the 2nd tier teams it is I guess. But....

Boston:12-1 on the road

Cleveland:9-5 on the road

Orlando-10-5 on the road

LA-5-2 on the road

But hey, the team is what it is. I guess I just need to accept that this is a 2nd round team and stop complaining so much.

Maybe they'll beat Minnesota.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

Smoove was a mess tonight - likely due to partying after the Utah game - nobody else was doing much except Horford. JJ kept us in the game until he wore out. I agree with giving credit where credit is due - but the reverse is also true. If not for JJ and Horford (and the backups) we get beat by 10 or more.

Marvin was leaving everything short - wide open. Horford saved our arses more than once when Marvin bricked an open shot and he got the O rebound.

Bench him and give the minutes to Mo. Mo was hot... Lets ride him.

Smoove stayed in foul trouble and Mo needed more minutes. those were the key to this lose. Man, I hope nothing happens to Smoove because when he is out/foul trouble/injured this team goes down :helpsmilie:

But i'm not mad this is still a good damn team

• Premium Member

All teams live and die by their best players / scorers when it comes down to the wire.

If Smoove had played better last night, the Hawks probably would have won.

If Marvin had played better last night, the Hawks probably would have won.

If JJ hadn't missed the layup, the Hawks probably would have won.

If Woody knew how to call a play other than ISO-JJ late in the 4th quarter, the Hawks probably would have won (and there wouldn't have been an OT).

If Bibby hadn't missed one open three and passed up another, the Hawks probably would have won.

As I said on the "As Josh goes..." thread: Basketball is a team sport and the Hawks are a deep team. We don't live and die by ANY single player.

• Like 1

If Smoove had played better last night, the Hawks probably would have won.

If Marvin had played better last night, the Hawks probably would have won.

If JJ hadn't missed the layup, the Hawks probably would have won.

If Woody knew how to call a play other than ISO-JJ late in the 4th quarter, the Hawks probably would have won (and there wouldn't have been an OT).

If Bibby hadn't missed one open three and passed up another, the Hawks probably would have won.

As I said on the "As Josh goes..." thread: Basketball is a team sport and the Hawks are a deep team. We don't live and die by ANY single player.

The guy you qouted is right. Teams do live and die with their best player when it comes down to the wire.

Edited by RMJ

Can't knock Joe for the loss at all. "He was cooking" as Nique would say. Josh neither. He was due for a game like this. This was a golden oppurtunity for Marvin to step up and force something good when the squad needed him, but hey, at the end of the day, he's just a Marvin Williams. Mo should start from now until he hits the wall.

Edited by benhillboy

Charlotte- loss by 25

lost to Detroit on the road also.

This is still a bad road team.

We're over .500 on the road, with that kinda record along with our great play at home we'll be just fine.