• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Marvin Williams

d2v16DKG

Marvin is the only guy on this team that gets me to laugh on a consistent basis, and at the end of the day, that's all that matters.

Agreed Supp...that's why I always listen to Bob and Nique even if it's a Nat. televised game. But the truth is - Bob and Nique are announcers (and entertainers to a degree). Marvin is supposed to be a decent part of a very good basketball team. He needs to be a player who can step up in times when there are foul troubles or when we need points. I don't mind him stepping on his feet when we are up 20.

Horford saved us tonight inside - with a little help from Smoove and Zaza.

Edited by DJlaysitup

• Premium Member

Marvin is the only guy on this team that gets me to laugh on a consistent basis, and at the end of the day, that's all that matters.

Wow... an 8 Million dollar Jester.

How much does Harry the Hawk make? He makes me laugh!!

Right now Marvin's play neither helps nor hurts the team. He's been pretty much mediocre throughout the early going, which, though disappointing, again, hasn't really hurt us. If Marvin played as well as he did, say, last year, we might be one, maybe two wins better in the win column. So I didn't really see much of a point in worrying over his play. Hopefully, he'll snap out of it and become the solid 4th or 5th option he has been in the past.

Right now Marvin's play neither helps nor hurts the team...

I totally disagree - the Sf position is a spot that HAS to contribute. Centers and PGs are hard to come by. The SF position should be the easiest spot to fill with a contributor. We (as any team) needs actual production from that spot - not just as a stand around shooter either. The SF position is where you get much of your athleticism on a team normally. Just because we get athleticism fron the PF position doesn't mean we can just afford to have Gomer Pyle at the 3. Management made a big mistake in judgement of talent when it came to Marvin - - they gave him money that could have bought us a real player in that spot.

We can b!tch all we want about Marvin but the truth is...our team management had all the tape and warnings in the world. The new contract for Marvin was/is simply a serious lapse in judgement. It's one that we will now have to live with (since nobody wants him in a trade). We will take this new contract to the grave like Speedy's.

I thought I would get a little perspective on how our Marvin compares to the other top SFs from his free agent class.

My link

Odd,

we have a 5th option forced into a 1st option role

a 2nd option forced into a 5th option role

and a 4th option sinking to a 5th option role

and it seems that they all have one thing in common,

they are all "overpaid".

Edited by CrawfulToCrawesome

I thought I would get a little perspective on how our Marvin compares to the other top SFs from his free agent class.

My link

Odd,

we have a 5th option forced into a 1st option role

a 2nd option forced into a 5th option role

and a 4th option sinking to a 5th option role

and it seems that they all have one thing in common,

they are all "overpaid".

Yes. Its funny that Ariza gets so many shot attempts yet he is the worse shooter of them all. And Marvin by far is getting the least minutes yet is only 1/10 of a rebound behind the leader Ariza.

Right now Marvins value to us is his rebounding and D and at 8 million a year there are not going to be a lot of takers. One team I can think of would be Portland; but with all their injuries they do not much to offer in return.

• Premium Member

I remember you being supportive of the Hawks resigning Marvin at 8 million per.

I was supportive of 8 million more than the 10 million many of you were ready to give him. I thought at 8 million, we'd be able to send him away easier but he's dropping in value so much that all a fan can say is that "he's the only Hawk that makes me laugh". I wish GMs saw it that way. Maybe they would value his comedy over actual game play?

Edited by Diesel

I'm disappointed in Marvin this year. His game doesn't seem to have improved like in the previous year. Of course we blew it by not taking Paul, Derron, Bynum or Granger.

Yet, Woody still believe in him and gives him a pass because of his youth. Does Woody know or see something that we dont? Now that Woody has been playing the bench, my hate for him is starting to thaw, and I'm wondering if maybe he actually is a good coach. So if Woody is a good coach, I'll have some faith in his opinion of Marvin.

• Premium Member

I was supportive of 8 million more than the 10 million many of you were ready to give him. I thought at 8 million, we'd be able to send him away easier but he's dropping in value so much that all a fan can say is that "he's the only Hawk that makes me laugh". I wish GMs saw it that way. Maybe they would value his comedy over actual game play?

:bedtime2: