• Raised $390 of $700 target

Mike Bibby is finished.

Plainview1981

• Premium Member

Bibby never gets to the foul line, so eFG% is more relevant:

October/November: 61.6%

December: 47.3%

January: 47.3%

The decline is real, folks. If I'm Woodson, I ride Crawford at the PG for the next two months. More than any other playoff team, the Hawks need HC advantage in the 2nd round of the playoffs.

The decline is real, folks. If I'm Woodson, I ride Crawford at the PG for the next two months. More than any other playoff team, the Hawks need HC advantage in the 2nd round of the playoffs.

When Bibby first got here he was a clear upgrade over your average eastern conference PG. But with PGs getting better every season in the east and Bibbys age taking more of a toll; the competition has passed him by. We have strong players at C, PF, and SG over most teams; but SF and PG this is just not so. We cannot expect an advantage ( would be nice) or even match at every position against elite teams; but PG is much more critical than SF IMO.

If Teague is not who Woody says or some think he is (myself included) we need to make a move before the deadline in a bad way.

• Premium Member

Absolutely agree, Buzzard. Bibby's minutes have gone from 30.4 in Oct/Nov to 25.8 in Dec/Jan. It's clear that Woodson is playing Jamal those minutes. I suppose he's the "Bibby insurance" as well.

BTW, here's the statistical breakdown per36 (Oct/Nov first, Dec/Jan second):

eFG% - 55% vs. 47% (I calculated incorrectly)

A/TO - 3.1 vs. 4.5

STL/TO - 0.6 vs. 0.9

Reb - 3.7 vs. 2.1

PF - 2.0 vs. 2.9

FGA - 10.5 vs. 10.6

3PA - 4.8 vs. 5.5

He's getting worse defensively, but doing a better job of finding his teammates. He's shooting more threes, but not making more. Honestly, he's Marvin without the defense and with more leadership.

Absolutely agree, Buzzard. Bibby's minutes have gone from 30.4 in Oct/Nov to 25.8 in Dec/Jan. It's clear that Woodson is playing Jamal those minutes. I suppose he's the "Bibby insurance" as well.

BTW, here's the statistical breakdown per36 (Oct/Nov first, Dec/Jan second):

eFG% - 55% vs. 47% (I calculated incorrectly)

A/TO - 3.1 vs. 4.5

STL/TO - 0.6 vs. 0.9

Reb - 3.7 vs. 2.1

PF - 2.0 vs. 2.9

FGA - 10.5 vs. 10.6

3PA - 4.8 vs. 5.5

He's getting worse defensively, but doing a better job of finding his teammates. He's shooting more threes, but not making more. Honestly, he's Marvin without the defense and with more leadership.

Yes when we first got Craw my thought was JJ insurance; but what you say about him being Bibby insurance has become a lot more apparent as we have gotten deeper into the season.

• Moderators

If he doesn't go to the line, what difference does it make if you use efg% or TS%?

On the month by month breakdown, he clearly has not shot as well the last two months but 47.3% isn't such a huge falloff from his normal efg%. Bibby's career efg% is .494. The .616 was the real aberration.

• Premium Member

If he doesn't go to the line, what difference does it make if you use efg% or TS%?

Bibby's career efg% is .494. The .616 was the real aberration.

It was actually only 55%. I miscalculated.

His career efg% is only 49.4% because his career usage is much higher. 47% shooting from a player whose sole role is to be efficient is not good.

• Moderators

It was actually only 55%. I miscalculated.

His career efg% is only 49.4% because his career usage is much higher. 47% shooting from a player whose sole role is to be efficient is not good.

You'll get no argument from me that Bibby is falling off and that we need to have a plan in place to deal with that (which is why I think Teague needs a consistent role). I just think a couple weeks of better shooting from Bibby will bring his season totals up to normal levels. 47% is not good but Derrick Rose is shooting 47.9% efg%, for example. Bibby's cold shooting isn't so far off the reservation that I think he is done by any means.

Glad it is being spoken. Bibby is done. He is nothing more now than a glorified average spot up shooter with marginal pg skills. I don't see Woody replacing him this year (Just don't see it), but next year something has to be done. He is declining more than Tiger Woods' endorsements.

I agree that if Bibby is not hitting the outside shot, he's pretty much worthless to this team right now, but I do wonder how much of this dropoff is due to the ankle injury he suffered early on. It's clear that Woody has no faith in throwing Teague to the wolves now, so is Bibby soldiering on injured because he has no real choice? I'm not making excuses for the guy, I'm just wondering.

On the month by month breakdown, he clearly has not shot as well the last two months but 47.3% isn't such a huge falloff from his normal efg%. Bibby's career efg% is .494. The .616 was the real aberration.

Oh c'mon AHF...I'm not a Bibby hater but he has fallen off recently. Don't get me wrong - Bibby is a worker - he is just simply getting old for the position.

Falling in love with Teague is fools gold IMO. The kid simply can't shoot.

We need to get a decent quality vet PG....and we need to do it soon (like now) to allow him to Jell with our guys before the playoffs.