• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Mike Bibby is finished.

Plainview1981

Agreed !

His jumper will come back. Knowing Bibby's practice habits I bet he is in the gym right now working on that jumper.

His defense is what it is. It sucks !

How quickly we forget his two 3's, late in the game, that iced the win in Houston on Monday night.

yup..no worries. We got outplayed as a team..Joe Johnson had it going..thats a good sign. Spurs played almost a perfect game..I think we're the better team for sure

Edited by TruJerz

• Moderators

If we are judging point guards by their ability to guard Tony Parker then about 90% of the PGs in the league are finished. Bibby has off games sure, but he's steady and brings order to an otherwise directionless offense. And don't forget that the dude is still clutch. If we're shooting a 3 to win i'd just as soon it be in his hands even when he's 0-7 on the night.

• Premium Member

If we are judging point guards by their ability to guard Tony Parker then about 90% of the PGs in the league are finished. Bibby has off games sure, but he's steady and brings order to an otherwise directionless offense. And don't forget that the dude is still clutch. If we're shooting a 3 to win i'd just as soon it be in his hands even when he's 0-7 on the night.

After having some time to think about this clearly I too think Bibby can help this team win. BUT Woody has to recognize when it's not working. If Bibby's jumper is not falling then Woody may as well let Zero get some time on the floor. Not saying that Teague will do any better but at least you're losing with some purpose.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

I definitely don't think Bibby is finished but we do need to come up with a curveball to throw the faster PGs who abuse him on the defensive end of the floor.

Play the old box & 1 "junk defense with Mario West at the top.

I do think Teague should get some time but he is just not "earning" minutes right now.

• Premium Member

This isn't news. I told you all we should have let Bibby walked. He is done. As much flack as Marvin gets (it is deserved) Bibby is our weak spot. He can't defend the pgs we are going to have to face--Rondo, Nelson, West, Williams,Rose, Jennings, Stuckey the list goes on.

I thought the same last season. Bibby is horrible against quick point guards and I can't name a slower starting PG in the entire NBA after him.

At this point in his career Bibby is not a starting pg on a contending team. He doesn't have anything in his skillset that gives us an advantage. He is not a good defender, he is not they type to pile up assists, he is not a good setup man. The only thing that is has is the ability to hit a wide open jumper.. I would hope that anyone who has a NBA contract would be capable of that. He has always been more of a 2 guard than a pg. We need a pg. We got too many weapons that can be developed to have a chucker running the show.

• Moderators

At this point in his career Bibby is not a starting pg on a contending team. He doesn't have anything in his skillset that gives us an advantage. He is not a good defender, he is not they type to pile up assists, he is not a good setup man. The only thing that is has is the ability to hit a wide open jumper.. I would hope that anyone who has a NBA contract would be capable of that. He has always been more of a 2 guard than a pg. We need a pg. We got too many weapons that can be developed to have a chucker running the show.

Well your first sentence if factually incorrect. Bibby is the starting pg on a contending team. I hope everyone remembers what we looked like before Bibby got here. He is excellent at setting up the offense and protecting the ball and if he's a chucker then i'm not sure what you'd call JJ and Jamal. Despite a shooting slump he still leads the team in 3 point percentage.

I remember how we looked before Bibby got here. But times have changed. We are not the team that needs to be saved by Bibby or JJ. We shouldn't be held back or held down by our past. The teams that stay on top fills holes/weaknesses. Ie Spurs, Cavs, Lakers. We don't owe Bibby nothing. His contract is guaranteed right??

• Premium Member

I remember how we looked before Bibby got here. But times have changed. We are not the team that needs to be saved by Bibby or JJ. We shouldn't be held back or held down by our past. The teams that stay on top fills holes/weaknesses. Ie Spurs, Cavs, Lakers. We don't owe Bibby nothing. His contract is guaranteed right??

Practically all NBA contracts are guaranteed.

• Premium Member

Bibbys play is only magnified by Marvins up and down play . Yes he is too old to play at the pace we need but he really hurts us most when Marvin and Co. dont show up .

You guys crack me up.

Anywho, Bibby is not going anywhere unless JJ flits off to Chicago next summer. In the interim, the Hawks need to find a solution vs. teams that have quick guards, and fast...

WOW. His contract is really going to hurt this team. He has been more unproductive than I realized. The last 25 games or so he is averaging 7.9PPG and 4.5APG. When you factor in his terrible defense with those numbers you have a player that no longer deserves to get off the bench. His shooting percentage is also under 40% the last 2 months. The team needs get another PG and bench Bibby completely. He can no longer help the team.

how fast people realize what our 'offense' looked like when Bibby went out last year...Zero or JCraw aint gonna change that basket case

Bibby has had shooting slumps before and the shot came back, chill the F out

Go Hawks!

how fast people realize what our 'offense' looked like when Bibby went out last year...Zero or JCraw aint gonna change that basket case

Go Hawks!

I don't know what this is supposed to mean. Bibby only missed three games last year, one of which was the last game of the season when they rested the starters.

Go Hawks!

2 months is not a slump. The dude is really only asked to do 1 thing on a consistent basis and that is to make shots.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

• Moderators

2 months is not a slump. The dude is really only asked to do 1 thing on a consistent basis and that is to make shots.

Bibby's shooting is not in much of a slump.

His TS% is .529 this season. In 2007-08 he shot .515 and in 2006-07 he shot .532. .529 TS% is about where you would expect it to be based on those numbers.