• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Mike Bibby is finished.

Plainview1981

WOW. His contract is really going to hurt this team. He has been more unproductive than I realized. The last 25 games or so he is averaging 7.9PPG and 4.5APG. When you factor in his terrible defense with those numbers you have a player that no longer deserves to get off the bench. His shooting percentage is also under 40% the last 2 months. The team needs get another PG and bench Bibby completely. He can no longer help the team.

Well Hot, I don't agree with you 100%...but you are kinda close. Bib is a nice shooter and can pass (he knows the game)...but yeah, he is simply too slow to go up against PGs like Parker. Woody will never do it but I think at this point Bibby should be the PG of the second unit. We are simply too slow at the gurad spots while we are fast at the big spots. Our guards are hampering our speed. Most of our fast breaks are started by our forwards - bypassing the guards.

Teague is too raw - we have to get a PG who can hang with a speed game....or just play Craw at starting Pg (maybe the best idea).

One thing would be for sure - we wouldn't come out slow with Craw at PG - everybody would know that if they stood around Craw would just shoot every shot without conscience tongue.gif

Well Hot, I don't agree with you 100%...but you are kinda close. Bib is a nice shooter and can pass (he knows the game)...but yeah, he is simply too slow to go up against PGs like Parker. Woody will never do it but I think at this point Bibby should be the PG of the second unit. We are simply too slow at the gurad spots while we are fast at the big spots. Our guards are hampering our speed. Most of our fast breaks are started by our forwards - bypassing the guards.

Teague is too raw - we have to get a PG who can hang with a speed game....or just play Craw at starting Pg (maybe the best idea).

One thing would be for sure - we wouldn't come out slow with Craw at PG - everybody would know that if they stood around Craw would just shoot every shot without conscience tongue.gif

Are you sure he is a good shooter? I don't think he is a good shooter anymore.

Problem is, Bibby is going to be effective only in the main unit. In the second unit he will be worse off because he will garner more attention. At this stage of his career Bibby will probably only thrive as a spot up shooter, which can only work in the first unit for obvious reasons.

Same thing I said in chat tonight. Bibby is just too slow to start and play 27 minutes a night.

If we don't make a move, the only thing we can do to improve is to start Craw and have Bibby run a bunch of pick and rolls when he is with the second unit.

I still think he can be effective as a pick and roll jump shooter against 2nd stringers. If he can get a lot 0f 10-12 ft jumps shots off the bench he can help.

But if we want to get better without making a trade or signing a free agent, we have to move him to the bench and start Craw. (Push Craw's minutes up to 37 and Bibby's to 20).

If Teague would stop making so many simple mistakes and could make a jumpshot we could give him a few extra minutes.

Edited by swolehawk2

Problem is, Bibby is going to be effective only in the main unit. In the second unit he will be worse off because he will garner more attention. At this stage of his career Bibby will probably only thrive as a spot up shooter, which can only work in the first unit for obvious reasons.

I don't know if I agree with that Supp...our second teamers are slower in general...Bibby might fit in better with them. Let's face it - at this point (maybe we are on the cusp)..MBib is pretty much a half-court PG. Still, he has excellent skills. Besides - we never put in 5 guys as replacements at a time anyways. All the team has to understand is that when Bibs is in the game we have to guard the paint at all cost. The inside guys (on D) won't be blockers - just enforcers.

I really think we could solve our "slow starts" by just starting our best five players. I would include Bibby in the top 5 if he were 6'8" and could take Marvin's spot...stirthepot.gif

This isn't news. I told you all we should have let Bibby walked. He is done. As much flack as Marvin gets (it is deserved) Bibby is our weak spot. He can't defend the pgs we are going to have to face--Rondo, Nelson, West, Williams,Rose, Jennings, Stuckey the list goes on.

Edited by Wurider05

This isn't news. I told you all we should have let Bibby walked. He is done. As much flack as Marvin gets (it is deserved) Bibby is our weak spot. He can't defend the pgs we are going to have to face--Rondo, Nelson, West, Williams,Rose, Jennings, Stuckey the list goes on.

OK W - but here's the catch...I've always been told that you start your best 5 players. Line em up - who are our best 5 players? three are easy (I think)

JJ...Craw...Smoove...

Then it gets difficult. I would certainly put Horford in there but there would be some who might argue that Marvin is #4...still I think Al is a lock for #4.

Then #5 - Marvin or Bibby? Now that's a very good question. newspaper.gif

Edited by DJlaysitup

He is saving himself for the playoffs...yall need to chill, dang this board overreacts to everything. No trades this year we have great chemistry. We can't risk messing that up, not at least without giving ourselves a chance this postseason. If we don't get past the 2nd round then maybe some changes are in order.

...No trades this year we have great chemistry. We can't risk messing that up, not at least without giving ourselves a chance this postseason. If we don't get past the 2nd round then maybe some changes are in order.

I totally agree Spud...I'm not looking for a trade of any quality players. What I would like (if the owners had it in them) would be a trade of a couple expiring contracts for a decent quality backup PG....(do I ask too much out of life?)

Bibby's been moving on stilts since he came here, it didn't happen overnight. We just have to take lumps against the speedy point guards who he cannot be helped or hid against. He isn't abused as much as you would expect: I thought Aaron Brooks would run circles around him and be a major problem, but he wasn't.

Bibby is the only guard we have, by a wide margin, with the steady, effortless, and efficient grasp of floor spacing, shot clock management, shot selection, ball movement, and reading of the defense. We need him. He didn't help lead the Kings deep into the playoffs numerous times as a youngster off his athleticism alone, which was very good, but never great. His game now is mostly above the shoulders, which is very valuable at point to a young team like ours. I've grown to accept his atrociousness guarding his man.

Bibby is just in a slump right now. Can everyone please calm down

exactly..and when he's on they'll love him. We lost this game because our team just got outplayed. Horford got outplayed more than Bibby did. But its ok..its just one game..we've been playing good. But I do think Teague should play more minutes against quicker PGs

Edited by TruJerz

...But its ok..its just one game..we've been playing good. But I do think Teague should play more minutes against quicker PGs

Now honestly Tru? Why would you say that? Is it because you think the sixth PG picked last year has something better than the five ahead of him? Hmmmm? Tell what exactly that is Tru??

Can he do normal PG things (like shoot) - ?? Is he a stopper like Mario (No)....no offense on getting on you Tru...but what exactly does Teague do (now) that helps this team to go to a higher level....just tell me that. thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Talking Bibby, Marvin, and Mo makes my head hurt.

Simple:

If the hawks want to make it out of the 2nd round of the playoffs then they better sign PG fast. Bibby will continue to shine vs the mediocre competition but I think we've all seen what he does vs the top-tier.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

Now honestly Tru? Why would you say that? Is it because you think the sixth PG picked last year has something better than the five ahead of him? Hmmmm? Tell what exactly that is Tru??

Can he do normal PG things (like shoot) - ?? Is he a stopper like Mario (No)....no offense on getting on you Tru...but what exactly does Teague do (now) that helps this team to go to a higher level....just tell me that. thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

lol he can play. He's shown that..I think he needs to see some more action to get his confidence up. He looks uncertain when he's out there at times..i think he knows that he doesnt have much room for mistake and that can mess a player up. And he always gives it his all on the defensive end when he's out there..he puts pressure on the ball. Im not saying he should start or get huge amount of minutes but he could do a better job defender quicker guards than Bibby

Bibby had declined 3 years in a row before miraculously turning it around last year in a contract year. He is still nailing 3's at about the same rate as last season. The problem is last season he didn't get to the line much and this season he isn't getting to the line AT ALL. I mean seriously- even just with a pump fake when I guy is charging out to block the 3 pointer I'd think he would get to the line more. I wish I could rate PG's based on how often they get to the line but I feel Confident Bibby would be incredibly low on the list.

Bibby is just in a slump right now. Can everyone please calm down

Agreed !

His jumper will come back. Knowing Bibby's practice habits I bet he is in the gym right now working on that jumper.

His defense is what it is. It sucks !

How quickly we forget his two 3's, late in the game, that iced the win in Houston on Monday night.

Edited by coachx