• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Josh Smith is the team MVP.

HawkWeisErrr

Does everyone here pretty much respect 82games.com and their statistical breakdowns? If so, this isn't an issue. If not, please explain how Joe is our leader/ most valuable/ best player/ etc.? I'd love to hear it.

Here you go. Joe gets doubled and shaded more then any player on the team. The defense is trying to shut him down therefore this opens things up for Josh around the basket. I am not saying that Josh isnt good at all. He should have been an all-star. I am saying that he would not be as big of a threat without Joe. Other coaches and players know who is more valuable just look at the players vote for the most underrated player in the NBA but they probably dont know what they are talking about either.

• Premium Member

In the playoffs we will definitely see JJ getting doubled constantly and Smith constantly left open outside 15 feet.

Last year, JJ was playing hurt in the playoffs. Josh was not. And we were 1-3 in the games where Josh led us in scoring.

The year before, Josh "disappeared" in the playoffs just as much as Joe. More, in fact, if all you care about it stats. And if you care about more than stats, then you have to consider that JJ has to guard opposing PGs, gets a few gazillion more double teams, and still has a higher EFG%, TS%, and AST-TO ratio than Josh in the playoffs. In fact, Josh has more TOs than assists in the playoffs. And his shooting percentages drop way more in the playoffs than Joe's do.

That being said, I don't think there's a single team MVP this year. If there was one, I'd nominate Horford along with the J-boys.

Smith the team's MVP but is not the best player. He's behind JJ and Horford.

I agree that Josh is the better one to build the team around. And nobody effects the game on both ends of the floor better than Josh.

I don't know bout that. but he is our MVP but not our BEST player. Is he our 2nd? obviously but not our 1st

Speaking of JJ. In terms of playoffs, please don't use he was doubled and tripled team as an excuse for his mediocre playoffs last year because you think your defending him but its really a diss rather than excuse.