• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What About John Salmons?

ahlthe3rd

If JJ really ends up leaving would Salmons be a possbility? He's nowhere near as expensive as Joe (his player option for next season is only $5.8 million) and although I'm sure Milwaukee will want to hold on to him, he might be a decent substitution for Joe that would leave us money on the table to grab another piece or two. Thoughts?

I like Salmons, but I won't hit the ceiling in excitement if he came here. He doesn't compare to Joe defensively anyway.

I'm sick of hearing how good a defender Joe is.... He got smoked tonight by a mediocre shooting gaurd at best in John Salmons.... And last night Manu had his way with him... Not to mention steph curry twice... I'm sure there are other guys that have lit Joe up this season. Joe is an above average defnder at best...

• Premium Member

I'm sick of hearing how good a defender Joe is.... He got smoked tonight by a mediocre shooting gaurd at best in John Salmons.... And last night Manu had his way with him... Not to mention steph curry twice... I'm sure there are other guys that have lit Joe up this season. Joe is an above average defnder at best...

You do realize that Joe spends the majority of most games either guarding the opposing team's PG or switched off onto a frontcourt player, right?

Didn't Salmons have a reputation of being very good defensively?

He has been on fire since the trade, he will probably either stay with Milwaukee or get a contract above the MLE.

I would actually take a gamble on McGrady if we can sign him at the MLE.

McGrady sucks now. Not worth adding to the team.

• Premium Member

McGrady sucks now. Not worth adding to the team.

He's just coming out of a knee surgery and that typically takes a couple of years to recover fully from. If we don't sign JJ there will literally be nothing we can add to the team that will have much of an impact. At least with a McGrady we have a chance at someone who can give us 20+, and we don't have to risk much of anything to acquire him (if he doesn't garner much interest, which I don't think he will)

He's just coming out of a knee surgery and that typically takes a couple of years to recover fully from. If we don't sign JJ there will literally be nothing we can add to the team that will have much of an impact. At least with a McGrady we have a chance at someone who can give us 20+, and we don't have to risk much of anything to acquire him (if he doesn't garner much interest, which I don't think he will)

Exactly. He can easily give us Joe numbers given the minutes. He may not be the T-Mac he once was (arguably the best player in the league in the early to mid 00s) but he is very much so serviceable.