• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

So uh still glad JJ is hurt?

Sothron

• Premium Member

Just wondering if our armchair general managers that are so quick to get rid of Joe Johnson are enjoying this fine offensive performance so far against the Bobcats. Its only halftime now but perhaps we'll crack the mythical forty point plateau in the third quarter without our All Star captain.

Only those who do not fully appreciate and understand basketball would think we are better off without Joe (although at times he does fustrate me). What player can the Hawks realistically sign to replace Joe's production on offense and defense?

Just wondering if our armchair general managers that are so quick to get rid of Joe Johnson are enjoying this fine offensive performance so far against the Bobcats. Its only halftime now but perhaps we'll crack the mythical forty point plateau in the third quarter without our All Star captain.

In fairness they lost to Charlotte by 25 the first time with JJ playing. So...

Edited by Hotlanta1981

uhhh at least with JJ we got a legit shot at winning.but hey your right it's not like JJ can hit a last second shot for us if we got into a situation, I mean he's not that good!...................oh wait

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-N5yMK5pvo

he is that good!

Teams do lose by a lot sometimes in this league you know...even with all their best players.

We missed both Bibby and JJ for sure.

Yet, it was our front line, our usual starting three, that slept thru the first quarter on defense.

Layup after layup. No one stopping anything. This wasn't because Bibby & JJ were out.

It was because there was NOT ONE BIT OF EVIDENCE OF DEFENSE.

This game was lost in the 1st quarter. It was over right there. Hawks didn't bother to show

up in he 1st quarter.

Sure, hawks missed some shots in that 1st quarter. So what. That's no excuse for not

olaying any defense. Always a step behind..

Then, for the next three quarters, and especially in the final two, the Hawks showed up

and looked very good. If Atlanta played the first quarter as they did the 4th. they win tonight.

:help wanted3:

Yet, it was our front line, our usual starting three, that slept thru the first quarter on defense.

Layup after layup. No one stopping anything. This wasn't because Bibby & JJ were out.

This game was lost in the 1st quarter. It was over right there. Hawks didn't bother to show

up in he 1st quarter.

Sure, hawks missed some shots in that 1st quarter. So what. That's no excuse for not

Then, for the next three quarters, and especially in the final two, the Hawks showed up

and looked very good. If Atlanta played the first quarter as they did the 4th. they win tonight.

Not to mention Marvin was out early with foul trouble, then Josh later in the half. We were playing some of the first half without 4 of our 5 starters.

Couple that with a 32-13 free throw disparity and I say we did ok. This game isn't a life with JJ game. It's a classic example of the NBA skewing games. Put 2 people in foul trouble, others held out. Give the home team lots of extra free throw attempts. The League wants the Jordan owned team in the playoffs. This loss was expendable to the hawks...they are in and already have home court in the first round.

uhhh at least with JJ we got a legit shot at winning.but hey your right it's not like JJ can hit a last second shot for us if we got into a situation, I mean he's not that good!...................oh wait

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-N5yMK5pvo

he is that good!

What about the other game in Charlotte? I'm not saying I like to see Joe hurt or the team is better off without him... But what I'm saying is that they've got killed by Charlotte with him. And who cares about that shot? How about we see some road wins. Even mediocre NBA teams win home games. So what? Charlotte is barely over .500 and yet has only lost 9 home games. Winning games at home isn't that impressive of a feat. 22 teams have winning home records...10 have winning road records.

As for JJ... He is a slightly better version of Jim Jackson.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

up in he 1st quarter.

thank you !!! JJ wouldnt have done anything about the defense .

When you give up a 109 pts to a team thats struggle to score like the Bobcats it just means you are not taking care of the glass and not playing any defense . We have Tyson Chandler and Tyrus Thomas trying to post up and go to work thats just embarrasing .

thank you !!! JJ wouldnt have done anything about the defense .

When you give up a 109 pts to a team thats struggle to score like the Bobcats it just means you are not taking care of the glass and not playing any defense . We have Tyson Chandler and Tyrus Thomas trying to post up and go to work thats just embarrasing .

17-21 on the road. This team is lousy on the road because they can't handle adversity.

What about the other game in Charlotte? I'm not saying I like to see Joe hurt or the team is better off without him... But what I'm saying is that they've got killed by Charlotte with him. And who cares about that shot? How about we see some road wins. Even mediocre NBA teams win home games. So what? Charlotte is barely over .500 and yet has only lost 9 home games. Winning games at home isn't that impressive of a feat. 22 teams have winning home records...10 have winning road records.

As for JJ... He is a slightly better version of Jim Jackson.

This might have some meaning to it. But your talking about pre-injury with Dallas Jackson, not the trash one that played for the Hawks with Jason Terry and J.R. Rider.

Edited by nbasuperstar40

You got to consider circumstances when you compare games, I know the Hawks were coming off a west coast trip when they barely showed up for that first game with Charlotte. Charlotte had a 6 or 7 game winning streak when they showed up in Philips.

People say, well we lost to them when JJ played, so Detroit & Charlotte loss would have occurred with or without JJ, but what is our record without JJ? 2-3, a losing record, losing 60% of our games so far and only played two descent teams (Charlotte & Toronto) with Detroit (2) & New Jersey.

I bet in the long run this is a barely .500 team without JJ, we are fighting for a 8th seed.

And now people are beginning to see Crawford’s shortcomings on defense as he got exposed by Detroit, plus his offense is hit or miss, especially when they start paying attention to him or he gets mega minutes without the benefit of having JJ as the focus.