• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks would win it all if they had this guy

NineOhTheRino

Chillz looks like a completely different player. I know this is youtube but still. He seems so confident, he never was near that in Atlanta. If we lose Joe, we need to bring back Chillz.

Chillz looks like a completely different player. I know this is youtube but still. He seems so confident, he never was near that in Atlanta. If we lose Joe, we need to bring back Chillz.

I totally agree with this assessment. It might've did him some GREATER good to go play overseas. Kinda like what it did for Jennings game. But Chillz can become a poor man's Shawn Marion. I say, even if we bring Joe back and Mo leaves, bring Chillz back to start at 3 and let Marvin (no knock on Marvin) back him up.

bringing him back sounds likea real good idea sense he is the only one we could give any real amount of money to.especially if we loose joe i know he could at least help bring the ball up the floor and he gives us more atheleticism. if we still had joe he could come off the bench with crawford and be that rebounding catalyst to start the fast break like he did when he was here and every once and a while he hits jumpers i dont know if it was matador defense in that flash recorder we just saw but man he does look explosive like he could be a handfull

• Moderators

I think people would need to watch some actual games to get a sense of this. Yi Jianlian looked like a beast from internet highlights. Childress was a better player than Yi when he left and after two years of beating up on sub-NBA talent he is going to have a very nice highlight reel.

I'd like to see him back in Atlanta if we can afford him; I am just not ready to sign off on him being the difference between an NBA championship or no without a better sense of his true development.

• Like 2

• Moderators

I love chillz and want him back. He'd be a great addition to this team. But he's a man amongst boys over there. He belongs in the nba. The clip is fun but its not like he's showing anything new. He could always dunk especially when he's playing against short guys who don't guard him. Hell he dunked over Yao. My favorite is the 6 foot guy who was going to block and/or foul him on the break and could barely reach his shoulders.

Come back Chillz. Not only are we fro-less here in ATL but we're losing our eyebrows!

I think people would need to watch some actual games to get a sense of this. Yi Jianlian looked like a beast from internet highlights. Childress was a better player than Yi when he left and after two years of beating up on sub-NBA talent he is going to have a very nice highlight reel.

I'd like to see him back in Atlanta if we can afford him; I am just not ready to sign off on him being the difference between an NBA championship or no without a better sense of his true development.

The equivalent for the CBA is the Indonesian league. While the Greek league is one of the best leagues in the world. I've heard a lot of praises of his play this season, just haven't had a chance to see him in action. I think Europe is a great place to play when you have talent but lack the setting to become a great player. He was always going to be a 6th man in Atlanta. No push from the top for anything better. Just by the clips and what others who scout Europe have been saying is that he's much improved. He might be the player that we draft above Iggy and Deng after all. He seems so confident, even in highlights in the past, he used to seem to surprise himself but now it looks so natural. Yi didn't look that great to me in highlights either but the CBA really didn't help. It was such a weak league especially in skills at that time. The players in the Indonesian league were/are more skilled, just lack the height or size for what most pros have.

Edited by nbasuperstar40

• Moderators

The equivalent for the CBA is the Indonesian league. While the Greek league is one of the best leagues in the world. I've heard a lot of praises of his play this season, just haven't had a chance to see him in action. I think Europe is a great place to play when you have talent but lack the setting to become a great player. He was always going to be a 6th man in Atlanta. No push from the top for anything better. Just by the clips and what others who scout Europe have been saying is that he's much improved. He might be the player that we draft above Iggy and Deng after all. He seems so confident, even in highlights in the past, he used to seem to surprise himself but now it looks so natural. Yi didn't look that great to me in highlights either but the CBA really didn't help. It was such a weak league especially in skills at that time. The players in the Indonesian league were/are more skilled, just lack the height or size for what most pros have.

You can ignore the comment about Yi because the point is the same, though. He is playing subpar competition and I am not ready to evaluate him based on a highlight reel. Even subpar NBA players can look great on an NBA highlight reel - let alone one put together based on play against Euroleague players. I hope he is improved - I am just not willing to decide that based on highlights.

But he's a man amongst boys over there. He belongs in the nba. The clip is fun but its not like he's showing anything new. He could always dunk especially when he's playing against short guys who don't guard him. Hell he dunked over Yao. My favorite is the 6 foot guy who was going to block and/or foul him on the break and could barely reach his shoulders.

This is my issue with the highlight reel analysis.

Edited by AHF

+1

Now if JJ decides to leave the Hawks then Chillz would be an excellent replacement. He would be great to play with Teague since Chillz plays strictly off the ball. If JJ leaves I would love to bring in Chillz and start him at SG with Teague at PG. This will allow both Teague and Chillz to play their natural games. Then bring in Bibby and Crawford off the bench since Bibby is best at playing off the ball and Crawford is best at playing with the ball. Crawford can still get 30-32 mpg and Chillz can get 30-32 mpg splitting time between SG & SF.

Edited by coachx

I've seen at least 10 Olympiacos games this season and I can surely conclude that Chillz had a great year so far.

He rebounded from his first and in my oppinion sub-par season he experienced last year. He had a tough time adjusting to euro-ball and the fact that Greeks paid him to be a go-to guy and not just a 6th man with limited touches and plays...

I think he improved his game and became better player. European basketball is very competitive at the highest level and very advanced tactically (every possession counts), D's are very physical and team oriented, unlike straight one-on-one...

Last year I though he would become nothin' but a bust, but as I've said he rebounded strongly, adjusted and played just great b-ball this year (not just stat-wise).

Another thing to mention is the fact that he's surrounded with some very experienced players, winners, had just another life experience (different culture, customs...), so all of that and more surely made him overall a better, more complete player and person.

P.S. Sure, I'd love to see him in our uniform, but as we all know it's up to a lot's of different "If's"...

• Like 1

You can ignore the comment about Yi because the point is the same, though. He is playing subpar competition and I am not ready to evaluate him based on a highlight reel. Even subpar NBA players can look great on an NBA highlight reel - let alone one put together based on play against Euroleague players. I hope he is improved - I am just not willing to decide that based on highlights.

This is my issue with the highlight reel analysis.

Europe not that easy to dominate but I understand your point and I have not seen him in action so I'll leave it at that.

I've seen at least 10 Olympiacos games this season and I can surely conclude that Chillz had a great year so far.

He rebounded from his first and in my oppinion sub-par season he experienced last year. He had a tough time adjusting to euro-ball and the fact that Greeks paid him to be a go-to guy and not just a 6th man with limited touches and plays...

I think he improved his game and became better player. European basketball is very competitive at the highest level and very advanced tactically (every possession counts), D's are very physical and team oriented, unlike straight one-on-one...

Last year I though he would become nothin' but a bust, but as I've said he rebounded strongly, adjusted and played just great b-ball this year (not just stat-wise).

Another thing to mention is the fact that he's surrounded with some very experienced players, winners, had just another life experience (different culture, customs...), so all of that and more surely made him overall a better, more complete player and person.

P.S. Sure, I'd love to see him in our uniform, but as we all know it's up to a lot's of different "If's"...

Can you give us a scouting report and how do you think he'll adjust back to the NBA?

He still looks slow laterally and off the dribble in the highlight videos, he's just able to blow by some of those defenders because they don't have close to the athleticism that he or most NBA players do. He wouldn't be driving like that in the NBA, plus NBA bigs are bigger and more athletic for help defense. He still has the same ugly shot and his game really doesn't seem to have changed, it's just benefiting from a lesser athletic league and him having a higher usage rate.

He looks a little stronger but I wouldn't say his game would be on another level based on that video at all.

• Premium Member

True a top-tier player he is not but I would stack him up to Odom as far as the effect he can have on a team getting to that next step. What team couldn't use a good rebounder , defender, 3PT shooter, and a baseline assassin when making a run? JC would seriously naturalize a Pietrus in a Magic series or a Jamison in a Cleveland series.

• Moderators

True a top-tier player he is not but I would stack him up to Odom as far as the effect he can have on a team getting to that next step. What team couldn't use a good rebounder , defender, 3PT shooter, and a baseline assassin when making a run? JC would seriously naturalize a Pietrus in a Magic series or a Jamison in a Cleveland series.

I am not sure Childress is a good defensive rebounder or perimeter shooter. He definitely wasn't when he was here, although he could hit wide, wide open jumpers at a pretty good % which not all poor perimeter shooters can do. He just doesn't do much on the defensive boards or for stretching the floor. While he cheated too much on defense, I agree that he has the length and athleticism to be a very solid defender and that the guy was very effective on the baseline.