• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Chris Webber is a god.

MVP23

I was watching NBA TV last night, and Chris Webber of all people said..and I'll try my best to quote "If the Atlanta Hawks are worried about next year, then go home" He is 100%. Its about winning a championship. I'm tired of people (Hawk Fans) saying that we just need to be competitve in the 2nd round. Thats BS. We are good enough to get to the Finals, and depending on who we play, win the Finals. Denis Scott said that we need to try to appease Joe so we can stay. More BS. Appease the fans that have suported this team when there were 4,000 people at Phillips. I don't know about you, but losing in 6 games to the Magic in the 2nd round would be as much as a failure as getting swept in the first.

NBA Finals...or Bust.

• Like 1

I was watching NBA TV last night, and Chris Webber of all people said..and I'll try my best to quote "If the Atlanta Hawks are worried about next year, then go home" He is 100%. Its about winning a championship. I'm tired of people (Hawk Fans) saying that we just need to be competitve in the 2nd round. Thats BS. We are good enough to get to the Finals, and depending on who we play, win the Finals. Denis Scott said that we need to try to appease Joe so we can stay. More BS. Appease the fans that have suported this team when there were 4,000 people at Phillips. I don't know about you, but losing in 6 games to the Magic in the 2nd round would be as much as a failure as getting swept in the first.

NBA Finals...or Bust.

This team just does not have enough quality bigs to get to the finals.

• Premium Member

NBA Finals...or Bust.

contradiction?

That's a true statement but Chris Webber is far from a god.

• Like 1

if this team thought they were championship contenders they would have spent the MLE this offseason.

This team is going to spend 31 million dollars less than Orlando for team payroll this season- if the Magic beat the hawks to me thats not a failure- thats the expected result.

• Like 2

If the Hawks take the Magic to 7 games and lose in the 2nd round that would be a great accomplishment in itself. No one will expect a team who only won 1 game, against the Magic ,by a putback dunk to take a Orlando Magic team to 6 or 7games.

• Like 1

NBA Finals...or Bust.

I agree with what's said but I dont think C-webb is any type of God!

Chris Webber is a failure (See: Michigan) and I don't know how he has a job on the TNT inside the NBA show. The guy is a joke...He's not funny, and I don't respect what he has to say.

With that said... The Hawks should be playing for championships... They should WANT to win a title, and that should be the goal. You never want to go into it happy not winning it all.

Edited by volman

The contradiction is that MVP wants no part of bringing JJ back to Atlanta . . . but for us to get to the NBA Finals, the very guy he doesn't like ( JJ ) is going to have to play like a superstar for us to get there. Which means that he'll be retained at all costs.

LOL . . . and he wonders why he gets all of those negative ratings. I'm going to give him a +1 out of sympathy, so his negative rating won't be so bad.

Edited by northcyde

This is disgusting. Why are you watching then? If you don't think we really have a shot, then why waste time watching the games? I'm so sick of people asking if the CEtlics can make one more run, meanwhile, people want to see if we can compete in the 2nd damn round. We're 2 games better than the Celtics, and swept them, and blew them out in boston, yet people...even Hawk fans think they have a better shot than us. Thats disgusting on so many levels. When will this team, and the fans get out of the pre 2008 era?

• Premium Member

if this team thought they were championship contenders they would have spent the MLE this offseason.

This team is going to spend 31 million dollars less than Orlando for team payroll this season- if the Magic beat the hawks to me thats not a failure- thats the expected result.

This. Our ownership is cheap and it shows. We didn't even use the MLE.