• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Major choke tonight

capstone21

• Admin

and the switching defense has to go! Man that is causing a big mess. The switching d has allowed Milwaukee's guards to kill us...it leaves too many Bucks players open...they have really been exploiting it

...and Josh Smith is an idiot. What the hell dude, Marvin who is hot tonight and posting up low on Ridnour and you are taking jump shots....then we are down by one and lots of time on the 24 second clock you take a 3? You are one of the worst jump shooters in the league and you do that? Absolutely dumb...and then you post up with a minute left and just waste clock? What are you thinking? Then you try to dribble it and lose the ball....man you are were a big contributor to the loss tonight

Crawford was terrible...he should have been taken out of the game earlier

Props to Marvin and Horford...really stepped it up tonight...brilliant coaching went away from you guys in the 4th and went to the guys who were not hitting anything

• Premium Member

and the switching defense has to go! Man that is causing a big mess. The switching d has allowed Milwaukee's guards to kill us...it leaves too many Bucks players open...they have really been exploiting it

...and Josh Smith is an idiot. What the hell dude, Marvin who is hot tonight and posting up low on Ridnour and you are taking jump shots....then we are down by one and lots of time on the 24 second clock you take a 3? You are one of the worst jump shooters in the league and you do that? Absolutely dumb...and then you post up with a minute left and just waste clock? What are you thinking? Then you try to dribble it and lose the ball....man you are were a big contributor to the loss tonight

Crawford was terrible...he should have been taken out of the game earlier

Props to Marvin and Horford...really stepped it up tonight...brilliant coaching went away from you guys in the 4th and went to the guys who were not hitting anything

I'll say this...

We played better with Josh in the back getting stitched up.

Our switching defense did cause too many openings.

But most of all...

The refs gave way too many BS calls early in the 4th which led to Joe fouling out and Milwaukee getting into the bonus.

That's what beat us.

Props to Marvin and Horf...

• Admin

I didn't think even Woody could blow a nine point lead with four minutes left in the game AT HOME but my God he proved me wrong again. His pathetic coaching knows no bounds.

You would think he would make an adjustment? He is really proving that 'The sh!t works'

Joe and Woody get most of the blame for this , but of course like always neither one will admit any of it was their fault.

Wow, Josh Smith as usual had nothing to do with anything tonight because off course he is the 'MVP" of the damn team. But hell, we all know the truth, the hawks made their run when Josh was out of the game.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Joe and Woody get most of the blame for this , but of course like always neither one will admit any of it was their fault.

You're right. Your favored guys did nothing wrong.

Round up the usual suspects.

I'll say this...

We played better with Josh in the back getting stitched up.

Our switching defense did cause too many openings.

But most of all...

The refs gave way too many BS calls early in the 4th which led to Joe fouling out and Milwaukee getting into the bonus.

That's what beat us.

Props to Marvin and Horf...

Yep.

Yeah that makes sense. Joe fouls out, followed by Atlanta losing the game. Joe had everything to do with that while sitting on the sideline. On the other hand, I can't say the same for Woody.

• Premium Member

Woodson is a figure of almost mythical incompetence in our lives as fans. He's the Scott Norwood of Hawks head coaches.

Joe had a bad game and that phantom sixth foul that took away a Crawford three killed us.

But you have to blame Smoove just as much. He was a no show tonight and some of his decisions with the ball were beyond moronic.

Wow, Josh Smith as usual had nothing to do with anything tonight because off course he is the 'MVP" of the damn team. But hell, we all know the truth, the hawks made their run when Josh was out of the game.

shut up, if you're not stalking me on the chat. You're stalking me on the board. Learn how to ignore my post like I ignore you and your's . I stand by what I said. Joe and Woody are too blame. I don't care what anyone else has to say about that. After all this is a message board, and no one on here can or will ever change my opinion on anything. got it??

• Premium Member

If Josh would've made that backdoor layup, it would've sealed the deal... but looks like it wasn't destined to be...

See ya Woody.

Could you please change your handle? :shake_puter:

Only thing I can add , is the Bucks coach Skiles has been able to motivate his players and play with the hand that was dealt him . Best thing about this series is the ownership group hasn't given Woody a contract extension and Woody has shown that he can't take this group any further. We still have a good core , we're very atheletic , we just need a coach that will develop a team style offense .

I don't think losing Joe Johnson is going to hurt the Hawks , provided we can get at 15 - 15 points a game player back. We have players that can , given the opportunity , be consistant scorers for us , but the offense and the iso Joe plays has hampered this team from developing leadership and their ability to step up in a crisis .

I honestly hope for the Hwaks to pull this out , but nothing they have showed me , including the first 2 wins , makes me think they are capable.

Look forward to a new coaching search ( and hopefully one with the experience and discipline to put the Hawks over the top.)

I think its time to start over. I think this bunch has gone as far as they can go. They are seriously flawed and they have blown so many 4th qtr leads this year, they start looking for it to happen about every game. I never seen a playoff team play as tight as the Hawks did the final 4 minutes of the game. I really think you keep Teague and Al and just start over. Let Joe walk because we all know he is a role player and not a team leader. Josh is just not basketball smart. I really like Josh and i wanted him to develop into a bonafide superstar but he just doesn't have the BB I.Q. to do it. Add to that the fact that his outside shot flaws him like a a scar on a supermodel's face. I will admit that he gets a lot of mileage out of haveing no outside J but he will never be the complete package and he just seems to take nights off sometimes. Marvin is a bust. One great game every 20 games does not constitute success. Bibby is washed up and old. Crawford is a streak player that can shoot you in a game and shoot you right out of one at the same time. he also is about as physical as a newborn puppy. Mo Evans??? I'm not even gonna comment. Woody's philosophy on the switching defenses has been exposed and i don't think he knows any other way to play. He has to go as well. Time to go back to the drawing board boys. Lets brace for another long rebuilding period unless ownership decides to spend some money.

The switching defense is a major problem..but it won't be modified no matter what. As Woodson said in response to criticism laid about it, "This is what we do."

Ok Woodson. Well, I have something you can do next year, and here is a hint: It involves NOT coaching the Hawks next year.

• Premium Member

Only thing I can add , is the Bucks coach Skiles has been able to motivate his players and play with the hand that was dealt him . Best thing about this series is the ownership group hasn't given Woody a contract extension and Woody has shown that he can't take this group any further. We still have a good core , we're very atheletic , we just need a coach that will develop a team style offense .

I don't think losing Joe Johnson is going to hurt the Hawks , provided we can get at 15 - 15 points a game player back. We have players that can , given the opportunity , be consistant scorers for us , but the offense and the iso Joe plays has hampered this team from developing leadership and their ability to step up in a crisis .

I honestly hope for the Hwaks to pull this out , but nothing they have showed me , including the first 2 wins , makes me think they are capable.

Look forward to a new coaching search ( and hopefully one with the experience and discipline to put the Hawks over the top.)

You know who I blame??

I blame the freakin CHICAGO BULLS for this lost.

How do you GIVE Milwaukee John Salmons for Hakim Warrick and Joe Alexander.

I believe that the Bulls made that lopsided trade because they knew that with Salmons, Skiles could outcoach Woody in the first round and force Joe to leave for ... Guess where? Chicago... To play with Wade and Rose.

• Premium Member

I think its time to start over. I think this bunch has gone as far as they can go. They are seriously flawed and they have blown so many 4th qtr leads this year, they start looking for it to happen about every game. I never seen a playoff team play as tight as the Hawks did the final 4 minutes of the game. I really think you keep Teague and Al and just start over. Let Joe walk because we all know he is a role player and not a team leader. Josh is just not basketball smart. I really like Josh and i wanted him to develop into a bonafide superstar but he just doesn't have the BB I.Q. to do it. Add to that the fact that his outside shot flaws him like a a scar on a supermodel's face. I will admit that he gets a lot of mileage out of haveing no outside J but he will never be the complete package and he just seems to take nights off sometimes. Marvin is a bust. One great game every 20 games does not constitute success. Bibby is washed up and old. Crawford is a streak player that can shoot you in a game and shoot you right out of one at the same time. he also is about as physical as a newborn puppy. Mo Evans??? I'm not even gonna comment. Woody's philosophy on the switching defenses has been exposed and i don't think he knows any other way to play. He has to go as well. Time to go back to the drawing board boys. Lets brace for another long rebuilding period unless ownership decides to spend some money.

That's irrational.

You forgot last time we blew up a 50 win team?

That's irrational.

You forgot last time we blew up a 50 win team?

I had honestly rather see us rebuild for a few years than to keep losing every year in the playoffs. The ultimate goal should be to win a championship. You can't add Mercedes parts to a Corvette and expect it to run right. No matter who we bring in barring Kobe, Lebron or Dwight it will not get this team over the top. Build from the draft and hopefully get it right this time.

Edited by PatheticATLfan

You know who I blame??

I blame the freakin CHICAGO BULLS for this lost.

How do you GIVE Milwaukee John Salmons for Hakim Warrick and Joe Alexander.

I believe that the Bulls made that lopsided trade because they knew that with Salmons, Skiles could outcoach Woody in the first round and force Joe to leave for ... Guess where? Chicago... To play with Wade and Rose.

lol , I hear ya , but the Hawks had a chance to shake up their roster too, not just for this year but for next year too , but did nothing. Its disturbing , but the management and ownership group really don't seem committed to anything other than to stay the course. But eventually you have to evaluate a teams weaknesses , and strive to fix them or continue to embrace the role of almost great. 50 game winners and we aren't even close to being an elite team . Discipline is the key ( plus a team concept on offense).