• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Sekou Smith throwing darts at Joe and Woody

NineOhTheRino

• Premium Member

quote:

Sekou speaks the truth and everyone should listen to that podcast very closely.....

"The Bucks made adjustments and we did not"

I have never heard Sekou speak so openly against Woodson and Joe. Damn he completely undressed Woodson.

I have never heard Sekou speak so openly against Woodson and Joe. Damn he completely undressed Woodson.

the dude knows this team better than ANYBODY.

Sund better listen to what he said and listen hard, because it gets the root of our problems and it's 100% the truth.

• Moderators

Best line of that interview.....

"You think Skiles would let Josh Smith stand out at the 3 point line?"

It is amazing that all of us have been asking that question for years and Woodson never has eliminated the problem of where Smith is on the floor during our offensive sets.

• Premium Member

Best line of that interview.....

"You think Skiles would let Josh Smith stand out at the 3 point line?"

Nick: "Do you think Jennings gets the same chance under Woodson"

Sekou: "Absolutely not!"

Nick: "Do you think Jennings gets the same chance under Woodson"

Sekou: "Absolutely not!"

True, but our team is completely different as well. We just don't have the same roster as the Bucks.

• Moderators

True, but our team is completely different as well. We just don't have the same roster as the Bucks.

So we have so much more talent that then Bucks that we wouldn't give Jennings a chance but as a result of failing to take the attitude of taking lumps and developing young players we are on the brink of losing the series to that inferior team?

So we have so much more talent that then Bucks that we wouldn't give Jennings a chance but as a result of failing to take the attitude of taking lumps and developing young players we are on the brink of losing the series to that inferior team?

It's not that but we don't have time for growing pains. They do is what I meant. Talent wise, Jennings should start and can contribute. The Bucks were out of the playoffs in Jan. It took Bogut stepping it up to another level and Salmons to change the course. We have been contending since Day 1. Just two different situations.

• Premium Member

ding ding ding

Woodson hates young PGs yet a young PG is seriously kicking his *ss. Ironic huh?

• Moderators

It's not that but we don't have time for growing pains. They do is what I meant. Talent wise, Jennings should start and can contribute. The Bucks were out of the playoffs in Jan. It took Bogut stepping it up to another level and Salmons to change the course. We have been contending since Day 1. Just two different situations.

No matter what way you look at it, Woodson took a team that was contending since Day 1 with generally young, improving talent and has been outdone by a coach that took an inferior borderline playoff team that lost its only All-Star caliber player for the season. It is a huge indictment of his "win now...don't develop different sets and alternatives....we can't afford growing pains even if they lead to better playoff performance" attitude.

No matter what way you look at it, Woodson took a team that was contending since Day 1 with generally young, improving talent and has been outdone by a coach that took an inferior borderline playoff team that lost its only All-Star caliber player for the season. It is a huge indictment of his "win now...don't develop different sets and alternatives....we can't afford growing pains even if they lead to better playoff performance" attitude.

I am not at odds on that. That's partly the reason why I want him gone.

quote:

Sekou speaks the truth and everyone should listen to that podcast very closely.....

"The Bucks made adjustments and we did not"

yeah, you are right. that is crazy.

Sekou, puts 100% of this on Woody.

This is a very good interview. Even he tweeted “Good interview on 790. Depressing, but good (sorry to depress you, but I was trying my best to keep it real)”

The thing about only Zaza and Morris showing up for Crawford’s award is just sad.

They will never bring Chill back now because it will be like admitting to making a mistake.

• Premium Member

I have to say I'm a little shocked only two Hawks showed up for Craw's big day.

That was a great interview by Sekou and he was dead on the money. Of course I have to say its only now that he's not working for AJC that he can be honest in public about Woodson.

• Premium Member

I have to say I'm a little shocked only two Hawks showed up for Craw's big day.

The time and place of those press conferences isn't hard-wired information. One would think that the Hawks' marketing team and/or staff would have let players know about the presentation days in advance. My guess is that they never got told at all, or not until the last minute, unless Crawford or his agent personally called them. I don't think the players dislike each other. I think they simply work in an environment where their coaches and handlers don't care whether they like each other.

Edited by niremetal

Oh but the Spurs had pleny of time to give George Hill time???

I think Woody is too much of a friend than a coach to the older guys like JJ.

Woody coaches to not lose games. That is how his team plays them too.