• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Do we give Woodson credit for this win?

mrhonline

• Premium Member

SMH.. no that's not the same at all, but if you want to look it at that way, then you can. He's never adjusted the obvious, till this game. Props? Hell no. This series would have never been the way it is if he fixed this way long ago. You can give him all the credit you want, but i'm not. If you think he deserves credit for fixing the obvious, then go ahead. We are two different people and view things differentl. :snowballfight:

The problem is that regardless of what he could have done that would have worked, you would not give him credit... Right?

Let's say that Game 5, we did get into the bonus, Joe never fouled out and we would have gone on to win...

Would you have given Woody credit? Probably not. You would have said he didn't do anything.

Woody makes adjustments that help win the game.. Do you give Woody credit? No... We were supposed to do that a while back.

You tell me, what could Woody have done that would make you say, Woody deserves credit for this win??

Coach is suppose to make adjustments! I'm not giving him any credit for what he's suppose to do. That's his job. He should of been making those adjustments all season long.

"Good job coach, you finally figured out how to adjust the switching D"

Good job coach, you still have ISO Joe & Jamal in the 4th quarter"

No..

If Woody puts up a hell of a series against Orlando (if we even make that) or goes to the ECF, then I will give Woody props. We're suppose to come this far! Not play all 7 games in the first round against a team who don't have their stars. Come on now.. This is our 3rd year straight in the playoffs. We're suppose to be better than this.

• Like 1

I honestly believe Woody has planted a few relatives on this board to drum up support for his coaching. I can't understand how an unbiased Hawks fan could have watched him for the last 3 or 4 years and still back him to the death like northcyde.

If Woody puts up a hell of a series against Orlando (if we even make that) or goes to the ECF, then I will give Woody props. We're suppose to come this far! Not play all 7 games in the first round against a team who don't have their stars. Come on now.. This is our 3rd year straight in the playoffs. We're suppose to be better than this.

Exactly.

Woody deserves some credit. He coached a fine game yesterday. His timeouts were called right on cue. When he saw that Mo was killing their momentum and put him at the end of the bench. The switch between zone and man took Jennings out of the game completely. I also like hopw he told JJ and Marvin to fight over the top of those screens against Salmons and Jennings early on. It disrupted their flow and the only thing that kept them in it was Delfino doing his Larry Bird impression and the Hawks missing easy makes.

Exactly. The only thing that I'll do is acknowledge that Woody FINALLY pulled his head out of his butt and decided to stop letting his switching D get exploited. However, I'm not giving him credit for doing the obvious. I'm not giving him credit for doing what he should have done a long time ago. Giving Woodson credit for beating the Bucks is like giving a grown man credit for beating up a midget. You SHOULD be able to beat up a midget!!!!

• Premium Member

I'm with those who say they were satisfied that Woody made adjustments. The biggest thing that I noticed is that we were trapping and staying on some screens involving Jennings and Ridnour instead of outright switching. That was huge. So yeah, I give Woody a lot of credit for the win.

That being said, it won't cut it to wait until game 6 to make an adjustment like that against Orlando.

Edited by niremetal

• Premium Member

No no... In round 1 against Milwaukee. Could Woody have done anything that makes you say.. he deserves some credit for this win...

• Moderators

I'll give props to Woody for finally making an adjustment to throw a curve to the Bucks. That is what grown up coaches do. This is what Woody did. He made the adjustment that gave us an edge and we won. Kudos to Woody.

• Premium Member

I honestly believe Woody has planted a few relatives on this board to drum up support for his coaching. I can't understand how an unbiased Hawks fan could have watched him for the last 3 or 4 years and still back him to the death like northcyde.

Exactly.

Trust me, I don't think anyone but a couple of people are drinking the Jim Jones grape kool-aid on Woodson. I just love how if he makes a one half adjustment which he then COMPLETELY abandoned and directly resulted in the Bucks almost coming back and people act as if he's Pops or Phil Jackson out there.

I give him credit for not playing Zaza in the second half. It seems like every time that guy comes in the other team make a run. Hawks need an athletic big to come off the bench... like that kid from the Thunder. That would truly make the Hawks one of the most athletic team in the NBA from top to bottom.

i have been wondering about the sentimental value we have benn giving zaza sense he has benn here a center that cant slam on the fast break and bats the ball backward, we can get any 7' googn off the street to do what he does and we act like their is nobody out their for us to sign.

Uhm..

When his adjustments makes a difference in the outcome of the game, doesn't he deserve credit.. even if that's what he's supposed to do?

I mean, I can go to 17 different doctors. IF only 1 of 17 can make the right diagnosis and cure me (ala House) doesn't he deserve some credit?

I'm not saying that Woody did something that nobody else could have done, but I am saying that sometimes even if it's in your job description, the fact that you did it right should earn you some credit.

I mean, aren't our players supposed to defend? Isn't Crawford supposed to score and play defense? Why are you singling them out?

still there is a nother sore spot which is his lack of finding roles for his players on the bench and developement i will grit my teeth if we see the same thing from teague next year come to think of it it tookalmost 3 yrs. for childress to blossom and we have had morris and mario for at least 3 yrs. now. i have a room mate who has been to a few basketball camps in his day and he even says the hawks just frustrates the fundamentals i think the only nugget that makes the hawks win is the fact that the mangement has kept the core together.

To me woodson outcoached Skiles in 4 of the 7 games- thats enough for me. Woodson was far superior in the first 2 games and he once again was easily better in the last 2 games. I don't think the messiah could coach the Hawks to where they SHOULD beat the magic- the matchups are just brutal.

• Like 1

• Moderators

To me woodson outcoached Skiles in 4 of the 7 games- thats enough for me. Woodson was far superior in the first 2 games and he once again was easily better in the last 2 games. I don't think the messiah could coach the Hawks to where they SHOULD beat the magic- the matchups are just brutal.

I don't how to compare them to a precise level but I sure know that W's and L's isn't the best measure. If both coaches coach at the same level, the Hawks win the series in 4 to 5 games. The Hawks could sweep the Bucks with neither coach outperforming the other.

At this point, I am just happy Woody didn't cost us the opening series against a severely outmatched opponent.

• Like 1

No no... In round 1 against Milwaukee. Could Woody have done anything that makes you say.. he deserves some credit for this win...

Not really, the Hawks were supposed to beat Milwaukee. They were missing their best player and the Hawks have the better player at every position plus 6th man, except PG, with huge advantages in the paint.

Winning isn't the same as outcoaching. The Hawks and Bucks are not equal in talent. Why do you recognize that with the Hawks-Magic series, but not the Hawks-Bucks?

• Like 1

• Premium Member

funny how every fan here is giving Scott Skiles attaboys for competing against us while no one gave Woodrow an once of credit for taking the more-talented Celtics to 7 two years ago. What's up with that? Sometimes I wonder why ASG even waste money on a HC. According to most of you this team would be better off with no coach at all.

Edited by NineOhTheRino
  • Like 1