• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Do you think Mike Woodson will get another HC job ?

Swiftkick

Is it possible  

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I voted yes. Its a possibility a NBA team would hire Woody on the cheap for a rebuilding franchise. But I don't expect to ever see him in a demanding market like Chicago, NY, LA, or Boston. Maybe a Golden State or Clippers type enviroment.

I can't see anyone taking a chance on his Iso after all the flack it has gotten culminating up to this point, unless he is coaching a team with a legendary scorer who can average 30 while shooting over 50% and intelligently spearhead an offense. OKC? Cleveland? No.

If he is on the way out, I wish him well, as one of the very few here who actually liked the guy and had respect for his good moments , breakthroughs, and defensive philosophies moreso than my disdain for his well-publicized flaws in system, or lack thereof. Under this coach, Josh ascended to league-wide respect as a defender, undersized Al statistically was the best defender in the post in the entire league among other strides, Jamal reached a lofty goal that Woody and Sund proposed when they offered him a spot, and Overrated Joe made 3rd Team All-NBA. All this with no starting or backup PG and a manequin at the 3 who only a Hall of Fame coach could get something out of, maybe. I'd say he has some very respectful bargaining chips going forward if he gives in to totally doing a 180 as far as his offensive coaching strategy, or better yet someone elses.

Edited by benhillboy

I can't see anyone taking a chance on his Iso after all the flack it has gotten culminating up to this point, unless he is coaching a team with a legendary scorer who can average 30 while shooting over 50% and intelligently spearhead an offense. OKC? Cleveland? No.

Mike Brown and Woodson basically same coach ..lol

• Moderators

Yes, but despite my evil plans to get another team to "steal" him away from us, it won't be his next job. If Doc stays in Boston, my guess is Woody becomes Thibodeau's replacement.

~lw3

You people must be delusional. Woody has done more than enough to ensure he will continue to get a job in the NBA. Seriously, we've seen garbage like Eddie Jordan and even Terry Stots receive numerous head coaching jobs and you think Woody is done? Sorry to inform ya'll but he has put together a convincing enough portfolio both as an assistant and a HC with connections to many in the upper echelon of the NBA for him to be without a lucrative job for long.

• Premium Member

Why wouldn't he. He took the Hawks to 53 wins in his final season there. (3rd best team in the East).

I think him and LB are already hired in Philly.

LB will be President and Woody will be able to run the team. Herb will Be one of Wood's assistants.

It's too plausible and all the moons are in orbit at the same time.

LB will make sure that Woody is paid.

Think about what he has there in Philly.

He has:

Louis Williams, AI, Young, Brand, and Dalembert as your starters. This is a good group... but to help that, they have the #5 pick in the upcoming draft.

Woody will talk them into taking Patrick Patterson. (Smoove 2.0).

They will get some depth...

And if we're lucky.. He'll come after Marvin and Bibby. Can't you see Marvin/Bibby for Brand....