• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

what star would come here after the way JJ was treated tonight

arhawkfan

Joe just spoke on NBATV, he said he has thick skin and he heard sounder boos then that. Al said he left it all on the floor. Josh was complaining about the lack of ball movement when the Magic length and Atlanta lack of post presence against Dwight killed our ball movement.

Edited by nbasuperstar40

Those Classy Atlanta fans might run off more then Joe.

You mean the same type of fans (in this way) who booed the Celtics at home the other night? The difference between that instance and this one is that the Celtics players said that they deserved to be treated like that while our leader attacked the fans and the only player who I know of that stood up for the fans was Marvin.

Those Classy Atlanta fans might run off more then Joe.

If you don't remember, we just got swept in 4 games (-101..they said it was some sort of a record)..and by the way JJ was quoted as basically saying &^$# the fans. What do you expect from working people who spend their money to watch a playoff game and their multi-millionaire all-star says that?

I dont compare Boston fans and Atlanta fans. One set shows up to all the games all the time and others dont.

Is that at all like how Joe Johnson doesn't show up to games in the playoffs?

Our fans want to cheer, our team hasn't given them anything to cheer about.

Exactly. People criticize the fans when all we ask for is effort and heart. Guts. Something! This team didn't show any of that and my hard earned money when I show up for this crap means I can cheer, boo or not show up. The Hawks didn't show up! Least of all Joe.

I don't believe that is entirely true but the team has certainly been about as consistent with what they've given the fans as the fans have been with their support. Sounds like a match made in heaven!

I don't believe that is entirely true but the team has certainly been about as consistent with what they've given the fans as the fans have been with their support. Sounds like a match made in heaven!

Its a little chicken and the egg situation. We aren't cheering/showing up until you are consistent and a good basketball team. Well we won't be a good basketball team until we get some consistent fans...

To me its always been hard to imagine why more people don't show up to games. When I lived in Atlanta or even within 2 hours of it I tried to make it to every game that was feasible. At the same time, these professional athletes are paid to play a game that most of them "love." Why the hell do they need some annoying fans cheering them on to play hard? That is akin to me saying I won't perform my job unless my boss shows up everyday and gives me a high five. Grow up, do your job and stop complaining. If you are good enough the fans will show up, just give it some time.

I dont compare Boston fans and Atlanta fans. One set shows up to all the games all the time and others dont.

Let's see now, one franchise (Boston) has won more nba titles than most nba franchises combined and the other has never made it pass the 2nd round of the playoffs (Atlanta). Hawks fans have a lot more to b*tch and complain about than a Celtic fan ever will. Heck the Celtics just won another championship two years ago and its okay for their fans to boo, yet its not okay for a Hawks fan to boo; makes no sense.

Edited by D.R.P.

• Admin

amen...the Atlanta fans have been notorious for not supporting the team. Even with a winning team we have a half filled arena and the home fans are usually cheering for the other team's star (Lebron, Wade, Kobe etc.)

Joe showing up or not. A real fan does not "boo" his/her team. It is never ok. Win or loose you stick with the team and cheer. They gave us an outstanding run, with ups and downs. At least we made it this far. Only 7 other teams could say that this year.

arhawkfan...

We do not have the money to get a star anyways.

Yet, I feel that the fans of Atlanta Hawks will get better when we have a championship or better leadership(Falcons for example).

• Like 1

Joe showing up or not. A real fan does not "boo" his/her team. It is never ok. Win or loose you stick with the team and cheer. They gave us an outstanding run, with ups and downs.

This way of viewing things has always been silly and it always will be silly.

These aren't your family members.... This a sports team. Supporting a professional basketball team has little to do with sticking by them through thick and thin.

This way of viewing things has always been silly and it always will be silly.

These aren't your family members.... This a sports team. Supporting a professional basketball team has little to do with sticking by them through thick and thin.

Sadly you are incorrect my friend, but I do respect your opinion. It has nothing to do with "family", it is a concept of loyalty.

If this is the case, then that is a fair weather fan... A REAL fan always supports the team.

I grew up with the notion of loyalty and that is what it is all about.

I might get disappointed, or even frustrated... but never kick them when they are down.

• Like 2

Sadly you are incorrect my friend, but I do respect your opinion. It has nothing to do with "family", it is a concept of loyalty.

If this is the case, then that is a fair weather fan... A REAL fan always supports the team.

I grew up with the notion of loyalty and that is what it is all about.

I might get disappointed, or even frustrated... but never kick them when they are down.

Loyalty? Shouldn't loyalty be a 2 way street? Athletes are not special. None of those players out there care about you. Nobody involved with this franchise knows you or cares about you. Why does that deserve loyalty?

Loyalty? Shouldn't loyalty be a 2 way street? Athletes are not special. None of those players out there care about you. Nobody involved with this franchise knows you or cares about you. Why does that deserve loyalty?

My friend. You do not understand the concept of being a fan.

I do not care if they notice me, or care about me. They give me entertainment because I love the game of basketball. Win or loose. I am just glad to have a team here. That is all that really matters to me. I mean look how many cities do not have a NBA team. We should be grateful. Even if they do not always perform. That is why I am Loyal, and that is why I will love this team.

How dare those fans who payed hard earn money to goto the game expecting to their team give it their all boo a guy who choked in the playoffs. The nerve of those fans. brick%20wall.gif

If this was any other city it would be fine that the fans boo. Because it is Atlanta and because of our rep as a sports city. All of the sudden it is not alright. line%20dance.gifGotta love double standards.

That is a load of crap! Yeah, they show up following two major trades bringing in Garnett and Ray. But where were they the prior year? Before they won the championship? Boston fans are worse in my opinion. When their teams are lousy they act like the team doesn't exist. When they start winning everyone fan shows up acting like they have been there forever.

• Premium Member

I'm not agreeing with the fans that were booing. I don't condone booing the home team, ever. No matter how shitty they play. If you don't like it don't cheer, but booing makes it worse... so what's the point? But seriously, how do you think a New York crowd would react to Joe shooting under 30% and criticizing the fans on a national stage? A Boston crowd? He would be lucky to make it out of the stadium without a Indiana Pacer/ Detroit Piston brawl breaking out.