• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Teague....you're up

Teague was a topic at locker clean-out day for the Hawks. During exit interviews, Woody told Bibby that next season will be Teague’s time.

Woody said Bibby took the news well: “Mike is always about winning. He is the ultimate pro. He knows the dynamics of a team. He know he’s getting older. That’s no knock on him. Mike Bibby has had a great career. And make no mistake about it, we wouldn’t have gotten this far without Mike Bibby.”

http://blogs.ajc.com/hawks/2010/05/11/atlanta-hawks-teagues-time/?cxntfid=blogs_hawks

Pity Woody see fit to develop him through out the regular season, so he would be better prepared for the playoffs.

• Moderators

That is bizarre to me that Woodson didn't think Teague was worthy of limited consistent minutes or really any playing time with the starters but plans to give him the reigns next season.

That is bizarre to me that Woodson didn't think Teague was worthy of limited consistent minutes or really any playing time with the starters but plans to give him the reigns next season.

He is trying to get a new contract..............its not working.

Mr. Sund, its not working, right ?

Edited by coachx

• Premium Member

I'm gobsmacked that a rookie he barely played in the least all of a sudden is now the future at point guard? :cant believe:

This is a pathetic try to keep his job. I just hope Sund sees past this and gets a real coach in here.

• Premium Member

Woody sound like a desperate man. Maybe Woody thought he had to play Bibbs since Sund gave him that new deal.

Woody is a damn fool. No way does he think playing a guy less than 10 MPG, blatantly ignoring opportunities to develop him so we would be better prepared for the playoffs and 2010-11 season, and playing everyone BUT him at PG when Teague was a decent option at times, is ready to be handed the reigns. Please, please get this joke of a coach outta here!

EDIT: Also saw this interesting quote from Woody in the article: “He’s getting older now,” Woody said of Bibby. “He might have taken us as far as he can take us." Really Woody? We all know it, but damn, don't say it like that. Bibby no longer may be a legit starter, but if kept, he provides some nice qualities off the bench and as a mentor. Don't talk down about a once-important part of the Hawks' rise from the ashes.

Edited by TheTruth

He is trying to get a new contract..............its not working.

Mr. Sund, its not working, right ?

Woody is the king at saying the right things to keep his job. Teague will be our PG next season but hopefully we won't be seeing much iso-Teague.

• Moderators

Teague will be our PG next season but hopefully we won't be seeing much iso-Teague.

I am also hoping we don't see "stick Teague in a corner and count on him to hit perimeter jumpers"-Teague.

I am also hoping we don't see "stick Teague in a corner and count on him to hit perimeter jumpers"-Teague.

...or iso-SF,PF,SG that would stick Teague in a corner. Hopefully not a whole lot of ISO-anything. Even if good ball movement doesn't get us past the 2nd round it will be enjoyable to watch and a much needed change for my iso-sore eyes.

I just don't ever want to see "Teague' and "Woodson" in the same sentence again. The idiot had the balls to play a very bad off-the-ball PG off the ball...in that "offense." Can't get someone to replace that guy soon enough.

I couldn't care less what Woody said......get this man outta here NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I turn on the TV everyday hoping to see that we've already fired him, its depressing just knowing that he's even still hanging around

Mike Woodson personifies the following:

Sund to Woody: "What sort of sycophant do you think you are?”.

To which he replies, “What sort of sycophant would you like me to be?”

• Like 1

We are doomed if Teague is starting PG. The guy is absolutely horrible. He has some of the ugliest shots I have ever seen. I've seen him drive to the basket for a layup and hit the bottom of the rim (several times).

Positives:

He's fast.

Negatives:

He can't shoot.

He can't hit layups.

He has poor control.

He doesn't read the floor well.

Oh my! Fire Woody's *ss now!!

• Moderators

We are doomed if Teague is starting PG. The guy is absolutely horrible. He has some of the ugliest shots I have ever seen. I've seen him drive to the basket for a layup and hit the bottom of the rim (several times).

Positives:

He's fast.

Negatives:

He can't shoot.

He can't hit layups.

He has poor control.

somehow woody installing him as the presumptive starter just reinforces your faith in woody when you think teague is garbage?

Mike Woodson personifies the following:

Sund to Woody: "What sort of sycophant do you think you are?”.

To which he replies, “What sort of sycophant would you like me to be?”

You could also substitute Gearon to Sund in that sequence.

Positives:

He's fast.

Negatives:

He can't shoot.

He can't hit layups.

He has poor control.

I dont think any of this can be disputed. Teague didnt show a whole lot and his jump shooting made Jon Koncak look like Mark Price.