• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Breaking News: WOODY IS GONE

GameTime

For what its worth, originally from Atlanta but being that for the past several years I have lived inToronto, I kind of follow Raptors to an extent and know a little about Sam Mitchell.

If rumors are true he is one of the leading coaches to replace Woody, I think he would be a really good fit personality wise. He's a real hard nose, take no nonsense coach and would not hesitate to get into the face of someone like Josh Smith for a minute if he plays lazy or does something boneheaded. As a coach in general however I believe he is just average. Ok Defensively and above average on Offense. He did win COY a few seasons ago but that was in a really weak Atlantic Division I believe every other team was below .500. He has coached the Raptors to two playoff appearances to only get bounced in the first round.

Now having said all this I am willing to give him a shot as Head Coach here for the Hawks, he's great personality wise for the team and the media.. He's not afraid to call the media out on asking stupid questions or asking the same questions over and over again. I always laughed my *ss off when he did interviews. Plus I believe he could do better with an athletic team like the hawks.

Not to menton to the relationship he developed with Chris Bosh in his years in Toronto... Sam had a big role in developing Bosh into the all-star he is today and supposedly Bosh was pretty upset when the Raptors let him go.

So if the Hawks do sign Sam Mitchell as Coach I believe Chris Bosh might look into joining the Hawks more seriously... But yea thats just my two cents.

Thanks, keep posting.

So if the Hawks do sign Sam Mitchell as Coach I believe Chris Bosh might look into joining the Hawks more seriously... But yea thats just my two cents.

One could only hope. I've been preaching Bosh to the Hawks for awhile now and think this could be HUGE.

One could only hope. I've been preaching Bosh to the Hawks for awhile now and think this could be HUGE.

It would have to be a sign and trade that included at least Smoove or Horford plus some cap fillers especially if its Horford cause he dont make a whole lot by nba standards.

For what its worth, originally from Atlanta but being that for the past several years I have lived inToronto, I kind of follow Raptors to an extent and know a little about Sam Mitchell.

If rumors are true he is one of the leading coaches to replace Woody, I think he would be a really good fit personality wise. He's a real hard nose, take no nonsense coach and would not hesitate to get into the face of someone like Josh Smith for a minute if he plays lazy or does something boneheaded. As a coach in general however I believe he is just average. Ok Defensively and above average on Offense. He did win COY a few seasons ago but that was in a really weak Atlantic Division I believe every other team was below .500. He has coached the Raptors to two playoff appearances to only get bounced in the first round.

Now having said all this I am willing to give him a shot as Head Coach here for the Hawks, he's great personality wise for the team and the media.. He's not afraid to call the media out on asking stupid questions or asking the same questions over and over again. I always laughed my *ss off when he did interviews. Plus I believe he could do better with an athletic team like the hawks.

Not to menton to the relationship he developed with Chris Bosh in his years in Toronto... Sam had a big role in developing Bosh into the all-star he is today and supposedly Bosh was pretty upset when the Raptors let him go.

If Sam Mitchell happens, Smith/Marvin to Toronto for Chris Bosh in a sign-and-trade. Teague/JJ/Childress/Bosh/Horford with Crawford/Zaza/#24 off the bench.

If Sam Mitchell happens, Smith/Marvin to Toronto for Chris Bosh in a sign-and-trade. Teague/JJ/Childress/Bosh/Horford with Crawford/Zaza/#24 off the bench.

Bosh at PF is worst for us than Smith. Smith defense>>>Bosh. Horford can give us offense but not that type of defense.

Bosh at PF is worst for us than Smith. Smith defense>>>Bosh. Horford can give us offense but not that type of defense.

Im gonna have to say no to this HELL NO !!

Sorry Bosh is top 3 at his position in the NBA . he shoots 80% from the line and is a more committed rebounder than Josh and you simply cannot deny that 90% of the game in the nba is about REP and adding Bosh increases our Rep with the refs and we finally get someone who who we can go to on the low block at the end of the game .

• Premium Member

Any of the 4 guys mentioned in the MSNBC blurb (Sam Mitchell, Dan Majerle, Monty Williams, Ty Corbin) would appeal to me, although Majerle less than the others. Monty Williams did an outstanding job filling in for McMillan in Portland this year, Mitchell is a guy who can "rally the troops" and also knows his X's and O's, and I like the idea of anyone who has worked under Jerry Sloan (as Corbin has). I certainly would want to know more about their vision for our offense, but that would be true of any new coach.

Then again, the source is Woj, who bats about .350 in general and .200 when it comes to Hawks stuff.

Edited by niremetal

top 3 offensively maybe , but defensively he sucks and he is soft.

physically ...maybe but surely not mentally and right now we mentally tough players moreso than someone wanting to be hardcourt gangster who is as fragile as newborn .

Sorry dude. Can't have the growing of the team, without the growing of the coach.

I mean . . if ya'll want to play this game. OK. Then that means that every collapse that this team experienced throughout the season, was because of the PLAYERS. Every playoff disappointment we had here, was because of the PLAYERS.

No way you can give the players all of the credit when we win, but place all of the blame on the coach when we lose.

We WIN as a team. We LOSE as a team.

If Woody had nothing to do with the wins, then he had nothing to do with the losses either.

Can't have it both ways folks.

Compare the roster of the team each year to the following season. Just looking at the roster from one season to the next, given how devoid of talent and inexperienced it was to begin with almost guaranteed an upward trajectory. We are talking about a team that was historically bad, dangerously young, with minimal payroll. So again, that the team improved as it aged and increased payroll, is not so much of a surprise.

Just look at this year compared to last. Last year the team was younger, lost over 50 player games to injury just from the teams top 6 players and won 47 or so games. This year, the teams front line is a little older, they bring in a new sixth man at increased cost, sign two veteran big men and only lost around 10 player games to injury from the teams top 6 players. They won 53 games. The only player who you would expect to see a decline in performance from due to age was Bibby, but the team was theoretically attempting to mitigate that by bringing in Crawford and using a first round draft pick on the position. Just given those facts, wouldn't you expect an uptick in wins?

• Like 1

I'll agree that Smith has more ability to make a difference on the defensive side of the ball but Bosh has a huge effect on the offensive side of the ball. He is a 20+/10+ player wherever he goes that doesn't have the focus lapses sometimes. He is also a relatively good passer (wash between Bosh and Smith) who can handle the ball better than Smith. Josh Smith has all-star talent but Chris Bosh is a shoe-in, perennial all-star. From what I understand, Sam Mitchell is an offensive coach. If he is to have a chance to succeed, obviously, we need to get him some reliable offensive players. I'm a huge Josh Smith fan but I'm also ready for some consistency on this team and he is our most valuable asset in trade besides Horford. Bosh and Horford both would bring Dwight Howard out of the lane.

physically ...maybe but surely not mentally and right now we mentally tough players moreso than someone wanting to be hardcourt gangster who is as fragile as newborn .

When has Bosh ever been mentally tough .?? And isn't he a PF which means Al would be stuck at C. He can't guard Dwight or Perkins either.. I hope hard court gangster wasn't meant as an insult because it's actually quite hilarious instead.. :laughing5:

When has Bosh ever been mentally tough .?? And isn't he a PF which means Al would be stuck at C. He can't guard Dwight or Perkins either.. I hope hard court gangster wasn't meant as an insult because it's actually quite hilarious instead.. :laughing5:

Nowitzki is "soft". You wouldn't trade Smoove for Dirk? Bosh gets to the line about 9 times a game, shoots 80% from the line, shoots 52% from the field, averaged 24 points and 11 rebounds last year. And you want to keep Smoove because he is a "better" defender? Sure Smoove blocks a lot of shots and gets a lot of steals, but he is a horrible man-to-man defender, post defender, spot-up defender (etc).

If you can get Bosh you do. No brainer.

Edited by GameTime

Pretty obvious . you guys keep saying yeah Al and Bosh can pull him away from the basket. But they still would not be able to prevent him for scoring , which was our main problem in the series. Not scoring on him duh... ... You can say Smoove sucks defensively all you want, It won't change my opinion lol..

Edited by jsmoovefan

Pretty obvious . you guys keep saying yeah Al and Bosh can pull him away from the basket. But they still would not be able to prevent him for scoring , which was our main problem in the series. Not scoring on him duh... ... You can say Smoove sucks defensively all you want, It won't change my opinion lol..

Josh Smith looked silly against Dwight, too. I just feel that Bosh would help all over in being an intelligent player with a high level of skills. Bosh, in my opinion, would help Joe Johnson as well. Joe would get more open looks and wouldn't have to have the offense run through him.

• Premium Member

Chris Bosh is a 25/11 guy and a franchise player. It's not hating on Smoove to say that Bosh is better than he is.

Chris Bosh is a 25/11 guy and a franchise player. It's not hating on Smoove to say that Bosh is better than he is.

Horford is better than Bosh regardless of the numbers.

Josh Smith looked silly against Dwight, too. I just feel that Bosh would help all over in being an intelligent player with a high level of skills. Bosh, in my opinion, would help Joe Johnson as well. Joe would get more open looks and wouldn't have to have the offense run through him.

Bosh looked silly v. Horford and Smith. That's not saying much, Howard will make anyone look silly who's a PF.

Edited by nbasuperstar40