• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Resign Joe.

MVP23

Without Joe Johnson, in our current state, we are a 40-42 team. There is a reason Craw had never been to the playoffs before this year. With guys like Smoove and Marvin who have personality disorders, we need Joe. That quiet guy that keeps it together. We've all had strong words for him during the course of the season, and booed him in the playoffs, but thats 100% his fault. He has to be the bigger man. He makes millions more than we do, it really shouldn't hurt him to get booed after playing like a poor mans Mario West in big playoff games. We don't have to build around Joe. You do that, and its 43-39 for the next 6 years. We just need to add peices, but without him, peices we bring in would just replace him, but we need to get better. The bottom line is that Joe is not going to get a max contract, in this economy. Its not going to happen. 5 years ago mabe, now? Hell no. I hope he come son home. Resign him, then trade to improve. Let him go, and go 40-42. Its your choice.

Edited by MVP23

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure why no one posted in this.. It's exactly what everyone should think. Resign Joe and put pieces around him. Trade players to get better players.

Nothing like some good sarcasm.

:laugh:

A "fresh look at things" :lol6:

Seems to be the same thing everyone is saying. At the same time that does not stop people from exploring out options if JJ decides to go some where else. We can't forget that JJ is the one holding the cards......not the Hawks.

Edited by coachx

Without Joe Johnson, in our current state, we are a 40-42 team. There is a reason Craw had never been to the playoffs before this year. With guys like Smoove and Marvin who have personality disorders, we need Joe. That quiet guy that keeps it together. We've all had strong words for him during the course of the season, and booed him in the playoffs, but thats 100% his fault. He has to be the bigger man. He makes millions more than we do, it really shouldn't hurt him to get booed after playing like a poor mans Mario West in big playoff games. We don't have to build around Joe. You do that, and its 43-39 for the next 6 years. We just need to add peices, but without him, peices we bring in would just replace him, but we need to get better. The bottom line is that Joe is not going to get a max contract, in this economy. Its not going to happen. 5 years ago mabe, now? Hell no. I hope he come son home. Resign him, then trade to improve. Let him go, and go 40-42. Its your choice.

So if Im reading this correct to you Joe is worth 3 wins a season. If thats the case he isnt worth the money he will get. I think he is worth much more than 3 wins a year though. .

If thats the case we should really be thinking about blowing up the team .

I def agree we need to get joe back by all means and get a good coach (avery), grab a big like heywood or somebody who can be productive, and start teague and hope he can be great next year(no worries on starting teague if avery is coach!)..........oh and if possible get chillz back over here and we are set! we a roster like that and a coach like avery expect us to be a way bigger challenge in the 2nd round and get out of the 1st round easier.

It's hard to take anything he says serious anymore, with the way he flip-flops and make outlandish predictions.

This is the same cat that has trashed JJ all year, whether he played poorly or great ( in a year in which JJ makes 3rd team ALL-NBA no less ).

Now all of a sudden . . .

- he realizes that the Lebron or Wade to ATL pipe dream is an impossibility

- he realizes that Crawford may in fact not be able to replace JJ

- he realizes that our young talent may not be as good as we hype them up to be

. . . and says "Dang . . . we need to bring JJ back here in order to keep us at our current level."

LOL . . pure comedy.

Edited by northcyde
  • Like 1

It's hard to take anything he says serious anymore, with the way he flip-flops and make outlandish predictions.

This is the same cat that has trashed JJ all year, whether he played poorly or great ( in a year in which JJ makes 3rd team ALL-NBA no less ).

. . . and says "Dang . . . we need to bring JJ back here in order to keep us at our current level."

LOL . . pure comedy.

It hits most that being a pretender is better then being like the Bobcats. As for Lebron, it's a possibility but it still involves Joe so he is a mainstay no matter what. We will have to decide if the luxury tax is something we want to do to keep Joe, it's a no brainer with Lebron but with our current roster, maybe not so much.

I hardly think so. In the last 2 years, Joe Johnson has missed 9 games. In those games we are 5-4. None of the losses are by double digits. Carry this out for a season and the record is 46-36. The team played basically on the same pace without Joe Johnson in the last 2 years as the 2008-2009 season when we went 47-35. This team is not better because Joe Johnson is on it and that little stat bares that out. The ball moves much better when Joe is not playing with the starters and everyone's effort improves because they know that, "Hey, I might get to touch the ball this possession.

Now a better plan is sign and trade Joe and get back a piece we can actually use that is efficient offensively.

Let me take you on a little trip down memory lane to the 2005-2006 season. That was Joe's first year in Atlanta. The Hawks record that year was 26-56. Joe Johnson was not the savior of the Hawks. If you want to credit him for the team winning 50+ games this year then you also need to credit him for the 50+ loss season in his first year. That goes for Woody too.

Here is why the Hawks kept getting better.

2005 - In that same first season of Joe Johnson, Josh Smith matured a little. The Hawks drafted Marvin Williams who although he was a disappointment based on draft position, was an improvement. The Hawks signed Zaza Pachulia.

2006 - With the maturation of the Joshes and Marvin, Atlanta can afford to trade away Al Harrington for a future first. Hawks add depth by drafting Sheldon Williams.

2007 - Players keep maturing and they draft Al Horford, Acie Law ...the sign Mario West (this helps more than you might think...every team needs quality defensive practice players)..... a midseason trade finally brings them a point guard who can shoot in Mike Bibby and that is what Sheldon Williams gave them.

2008 - Hawks add players Maurice Evans and Flip Murray to strengthen the bench, all 4 young players keep maturing.

2009 - Hawks add Jeff Teague and Jamal Crawford as improvements over Acie Law and Flip Murray.

The year before Joe Johnson joined the team, we won 13 games. The same year Joe joined the team, we added Marvin Williams and Zaza Pachulia. The team only improved 13 wins. Now you are going to tell me that the removal of Joe Johnson will be the death of this team. I strongly diagree. We added Joe to a team desperate for a star, gave him 2 extra pieces and he couldn't help us win 33% of our games that first year. It wasn't until you added and let mature Horford, Smith, Williams, Bibby, Crawford, Evans, Teague that this team ascended to the 3rd spot in the east. Trade Joe for something useful, bring back Chilldress and I can almost guarantee you we won't take a real step back. Half of the league is going to be in flux this next year with so many coaches and players changing hands. Just trade Joe for another teams depth and let's let our guys that were drafted here and want to be here grow more and shine.

I hardly think so. In the last 2 years, Joe Johnson has missed 9 games. In those games we are 5-4. None of the losses are by double digits. Carry this out for a season and the record is 46-36. The team played basically on the same pace without Joe Johnson in the last 2 years as the 2008-2009 season when we went 47-35. This team is not better because Joe Johnson is on it and that little stat bares that out. The ball moves much better when Joe is not playing with the starters and everyone's effort improves because they know that, "Hey, I might get to touch the ball this possession.

Now a better plan is sign and trade Joe and get back a piece we can actually use that is efficient offensively.

Let me take you on a little trip down memory lane to the 2005-2006 season. That was Joe's first year in Atlanta. The Hawks record that year was 26-56. Joe Johnson was not the savior of the Hawks. If you want to credit him for the team winning 50+ games this year then you also need to credit him for the 50+ loss season in his first year. That goes for Woody too.

2005 - In that same first season of Joe Johnson, Josh Smith matured a little. The Hawks drafted Marvin Williams who although he was a disappointment based on draft position, was an improvement. The Hawks signed Zaza Pachulia.

2006 - With the maturation of the Joshes and Marvin, Atlanta can afford to trade away Al Harrington for a future first. Hawks add depth by drafting Sheldon Williams.

2007 - Players keep maturing and they draft Al Horford, Acie Law ...the sign Mario West (this helps more than you might think...every team needs quality defensive practice players)..... a midseason trade finally brings them a point guard who can shoot in Mike Bibby and that is what Sheldon Williams gave them.

2008 - Hawks add players Maurice Evans and Flip Murray to strengthen the bench, all 4 young players keep maturing.

2009 - Hawks add Jeff Teague and Jamal Crawford as improvements over Acie Law and Flip Murray.

The year before Joe Johnson joined the team, we won 13 games. The same year Joe joined the team, we added Marvin Williams and Zaza Pachulia. The team only improved 13 wins. Now you are going to tell me that the removal of Joe Johnson will be the death of this team. I strongly diagree. We added Joe to a team desperate for a star, gave him 2 extra pieces and he couldn't help us win 33% of our games that first year. It wasn't until you added and let mature Horford, Smith, Williams, Bibby, Crawford, Evans, Teague that this team ascended to the 3rd spot in the east. Trade Joe for something useful, bring back Chilldress and I can almost guarantee you we won't take a real step back. Half of the league is going to be in flux this next year with so many coaches and players changing hands. Just trade Joe for another teams depth and let's let our guys that were drafted here and want to be here grow more and shine.

I like both sides and I am believing that Joe is leaving more so than staying but anything can happen.

LOL . . pure comedy.

ha, you serious? You've bitched and whinned all year anytime I had a complaint about Joe. If we could get a better piece, then fine, but we mind as well do the safe thing. REsign him, and trade for better players. I can change my mind if I want. Hell, I can change it back. Please......PLEASE stop replying to post just to insult without adding anything of relevance to the thread.

Wins with JJ out of the lineup in the last 2 years:

108 - 84 vs New Jersey ( 7 - 60 record at the time )

91 - 85 vs Detroit ( 23 - 53 record at the time )

99 - 83 vs Cleveland ( last game of the season in which both teams rested the starters and played the scrubs )

94 - 86 @ Minnesota ( 17 - 31 record at the tie )

102 - 97 @ Charlotte ( 19 - 30 record at the time )

Losses with JJ out of the lineup in the last 2 years:

106 - 105 @ Toronto ( 33 - 33 record at the time )

109 - 100 @ Charlotte ( 41 - 36 record at the time )

90 - 88 @ Detroit ( 25 - 53 record at the time )

98 - 90 @ Memphis ( last game of the season in which the ATL scrubs played the MEM starters )

LOL . . and you're going to use THESE GAMES to make a case for us playing without JJ?

Come on mannnnnnn.

Whenever JJ went out of the game on most nights, this team looked lost as hell. Teams would routinely go on 6 - 0 runs as soon as he went to the bench. Then Woody would panic, and put him right back into the game. That's why JJ played so many minutes throughout his Hawk career.

• Like 2

Come on mannnnnnn.

Whenever JJ went out of the game on most nights, this team looked lost as hell. Teams would routinely go on 6 - 0 runs as soon as he went to the bench. Then Woody would panic, and put him right back into the game. That's why JJ played so many minutes throughout his Hawk career.

It happens all over the League when the main guy goes out, esp. in the sport of basketball, where a lot of

systems are centered around one player. Woody "allowed" a system to be created where everything was

centered around JJ, esp. the Offense. It only makes sense that everything breaks down when he leaves.

When the younger Hawks learn to play w/o him, you will be surprised at how well this team will perform.