• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Nocioni and Hedo

Both guys are on the block? Not sure about Noces contract but Hedo has 4 years and 40 mill remaining. Hedo is 30 years old. I don't like his contract at all but it's similar to Marvin's contract and I think Hedo is a better player than Marv. Hell, Nocioni is better than Marv.

• Premium Member

Both guys are on the block? Not sure about Noces contract but Hedo has 4 years and 40 mill remaining. Hedo is 30 years old. I don't like his contract at all but it's similar to Marvin's contract and I think Hedo is a better player than Marv. Hell, Nocioni is better than Marv.

Don't know what it would cost, but I've been a Nocioni fan for a while. I like the way he plays and his attitude.

• Admin

It is not simular to Marvin's contract. Hedo's contract is absolutely terrible. Especially for a player who is on a big decline.

Marvin 6,700,00 7,500,000 8,200,000 7,500,000 (PO)

Hedo 9,800,00 10,600,000 11,400,000 12,200,000 (PO)

As Hedo is declining Marvin will be the better player of the two and with a much more reasonable contract.

I want no part of Hedo's contract.

• Like 1

• Admin

Marvin/Bibby/Evans for Hedo/Jack/R.Evans

Jack/Teague

JJ/Crawford

Hedo/#24

Smith/Evans

Horford/Zaza

I like the thought of getting Jack but not to take on Hedo's contract. Remember that Evans is in the last year of his contract and Bibby only has two years left.

It is not simular to Marvin's contract. Hedo's contract is absolutely terrible. Especially for a player who is on a big decline.

As Hedo is declining Marvin will be the better player of the two and with a much more reasonable contract.

I disagree with what you are trying to say. When Hedo's contract ends he will be 34 or 35. Look at Ray Allen and KG but at 34. Paul P. is 32 and so is a player like Action Jackson.

I bet fans have been saying age with Kwame Brown will make him better...... He is getting older. Is he getting better? lol

I think Hedo still has about 3 good more years before his age really starts to hurt him. What he brings to the table is some good team ball playing. I think he got a bad rap with the Raptors.

Also, his style doesn't rely on speed or about the rim play.... so age will not hurt him much.

I disagree with what you are trying to say. When Hedo's contract ends he will be 34 or 35. Look at Ray Allen and KG but at 34. Paul P. is 32 and so is a player like Action Jackson.

I bet fans have been saying age with Kwame Brown will make him better...... He is getting older. Is he getting better? lol

I think Hedo still has about 3 good more years before his age really starts to hurt him. What he brings to the table is some good team ball playing. I think he got a bad rap with the Raptors.

Also, his style doesn't rely on speed or about the rim play.... so age will not hurt him much.

1st you say their contracts are similar. Not even close. three mill a year difference per seasom the 1st three years; and almost five million dollar difference the 4th year. Now you want to mention Ray Allen, Paul Peirce, KG, and Action Jackson as somewhat similar players. Not even close again.

I like Hedo but to say his contract vs Marvins is similar is eroneous. And to mention any of those four guys in the same sentence with Hedo is a really bad example. Even if you are playing with someone elses money, 14 million dollars is a big big difference.

You are correct sir !

1st you say their contracts are similar. Not even close. three mill a year difference per seasom the 1st three years; and almost five million dollar difference the 4th year. Now you want to mention Ray Allen, Paul Peirce, KG, and Action Jackson as somewhat similar players. Not even close again.

I like Hedo but to say his contract vs Marvins is similar is eroneous. And to mention any of those four guys in the same sentence with Hedo is a really bad example. Even if you are playing with someone elses money, 14 million dollars is a big big difference.

WOW YOU COULDN'T HAVE GOTTEN WHAT I WAS SAYING MORE WRONG. LOL

I never said anything about their contract being the same. lol

I was talking mainly about the talk he is too old when in the NBA you can still have good years when you are around 34 or 35.

capstone21 was trying to say that Marvin will get better with age while Hedo will go down during his contrat. I do believe some players get better with age but those players have to want to get better unlike Kwame Brown. I also see Marvin as a Kwame Brown. It's something about him. I hope I'm wrong.

That being said I would trade Marvin for Hedo in a heart beat. :biggrin:

• Admin

WOW YOU COULDN'T HAVE GOTTEN WHAT I WAS SAYING MORE WRONG. LOL

I never said anything about their contract being the same. lol

I was talking mainly about the talk he is too old when in the NBA you can still have good years when you are around 34 or 35.

capstone21 was trying to say that Marvin will get better with age while Hedo will go down during his contrat. I do believe some players get better with age but those players have to want to get better unlike Kwame Brown. I also see Marvin as a Kwame Brown. It's something about him. I hope I'm wrong.

That being said I would trade Marvin for Hedo in a heart beat. :biggrin:

Actually no, I was saying that Hedo is declining now and so as he declines Marvin is the better investment. I have watched quite a few TO games this year and Hedo is not the player he was. He is not worth the contract he is receiving and he is only going to get worse as the years go by. A 24 year old Marvin will either get better or stay the same over the duration of his current contract. That includes playing defense that Hedo does not do. Marvin's contract is more tradeable too if it came down to it so I would rather Marvin. Marvin's contact is reasonable where Hedo's is way too much and will handcuff us even more if we acquire him.

• Premium Member

Both are viable NBA players, but Atlanta fans don't like players associated with flopping and being soft. I don't think they'd be good fits.

Nocioni? Soft...? That cat is as physical and scrappy as they come at his size. I love his game.

Hedo is quickly reaching "Vince Carter status" with Raptors' fans. He has NOT endeared himself to the fans.

Exactly.

Turkoglu shot 41% FG last season and flat out disappeared in A LOT of Raptor games. He scored less than 10 points in a whopping 29 games last year. He may be an upgrade over Marvin . . . but only a slight upgrade. Turkoglu as a shooter is about as inconsistent as they come.

Forget about Hedo for a second. I want Noch.

Looks like the Kings will trade him. http://blogs.sacbee.com/sports/kings/archives/2010/06/nocioni-still-w.html#ixzz0qYpvx6el

Give me this trade.

http://www.realgm.com/src_checktrade.php?tradeid=5549110

Hawes will be gone next season and Kings get something to compensate for Noch.

Hawks get a tough, great defender and sharp shooter in Nocioni and a good young backup Center in Hawes.

Win, win for both teams.

A SF wants to get traded from his current team because there are too many SFs. Our solution? Trade them more SFs.

Mo is really a shooting guard, but I see your point. If Marvin can't beat out Cassipi, Garcia, and/or Greene he is truly done.

Edited by GameTime