• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

How Far Can This Lineup Go?

hazer

If Larry Drew actually implements an effective offense with plenty of movement and passing, do you think this lineup can make it to the Eastern Conference Finals?

PG: Teague/Bibby

SG: JJ/Craw

SF: Chillz/Marv

PF: Smoove/Horf

C: Horf/Zaza

I've got a feeling that the simple re-addition of Chillz and a new approach on offense could make a big difference :rap:

I have always thought we had the talent on this roster to succeed. I feel like against every team we can win (and we proved it by beating every nba team this at least once except OKC)

The only thing is consistency. Can we beat those same teams in the playoffs, or on the road??? With our best player/s injured (like Portland).

My answer: We can win a title with this lineup, but its gonna take more than talent to do so.

If Larry Drew actually implements an effective offense with plenty of movement and passing, do you think this lineup can make it to the Eastern Conference Finals?

I've got a feeling that the simple re-addition of Chillz and a new approach on offense could make a big difference :rap:

The simple addition of Chillz over Mo Evans does very little. I think we need a backup center that is longer & better then ZaZa.

Teague would have to really step up next year too.

To win a title, I believe above all else you need to be elite defensively. If that were otherwise and simply having a great offense were enough, then you'd have probably seen the Phoenix Suns (amongst others) winning titles over the last ten years or so, but they have not.

Assuming that Larry Drew is able to effectively install his new, motion offense, I think that team would probably be a pretty darn good one and probably pretty entertaining to watch, but is it defensively elite enough to win a title? I don't know, but I tend to doubt it. As far as making a hypothetical Eastern Conference Finals, sure. I mean why not? I would think with that lineup, we would almost certainly continue to be a legitimate force in the East.

• Like 1

The simple addition of Chillz over Mo Evans does very little. I think we need a backup center that is longer & better then ZaZa.

Teague would have to really step up next year too.

I was actually implying starting Chillz and bringing the Duck off the bench :cant believe:

They can make it to the EC Finals with the right coaching. And i'm with you there, the addition of Chillz back is exactly what we need. I pray the fro makes his return.

Start Chillz, Marvin to the f***ing bench.

Edited by HAWKSFAN89

I would not bring Chillz back. At his contract he does not bring enough. No handles, cant shoot a lick. Why in the world would we wont him back?

He brings intensity and puts the ball on the floor. He's not scared to take the ball to the hole. He's a slasher and the way LD has been talking, he would fit perfect under this "new offense". You mean to tell me you'd rather have Marvin over Chillz?

Out in the 2nd round...................again.

• Premium Member

He brings intensity and puts the ball on the floor. He's not scared to take the ball to the hole. He's a slasher and the way LD has been talking, he would fit perfect under this "new offense". You mean to tell me you'd rather have Marvin over Chillz?

Absolutely! Marvin is 6-9, 250 and if put in the low box would be a 18 and 8 player. Chillz is a bench-role player.

Absolutely! Marvin is 6-9, 250 and if put in the low box would be a 18 and 8 player. Chillz is a bench-role player.

Marvin Williams last season with the Hawks

Pts 10.1

Reb 5.1

Ast 1.1

Josh Chillress last season in Europe

PPG: 15.2

RPG: 4.8

APG: 1.9

Marvin out rebounds Josh by .3 while Chillz scores 5 more points a game. Im not sure about the talent in Europe but I believe Chillz could average those numbers with the Hawks. Oh, and Josh played in the Finals over in Europe aswell...

Edited by HAWKSFAN89

Hawks lose in the 2nd round again with that lineup. Remember we almost lost to an undermaned Bucks team tells you something. We need another big in the middle,small forward (maybe Chills),resign JJ, and solve the Smoove situation. If Smoove stays he needs to show up in the playoffs instead of being outplayed.

Not sure what the new offense will do but in the playoffs if you can't play half court offense your sunk. The Hawks can't post up and eventually what we have seen is outside shooting lets us down. Defensively other good teams simply are not afraid of Horford and Smoove on the front court. We don't play physical enough and that hurts team defense.

• Moderators

ECFs if everybody matures quickly (coaches included) and the stars (conference seedings) align just right.

Even if they don't escape the second round next year, the Hawks could lose all their home playoff games by buzzer beaters and still get standing ovations from the home crowd. Anything like that will be better than more 15+ point drubbings before a skeptical national TV audience.

~lw3

Instead of adding Chils nearly $5M QO, go after the best C available with the MLE.

Teague / Bibby

JJ / Crawf

MW / Mo

Smoove / #24

Horford / MLE / Zaza

Looks better than the Chils lineup and word is Chil isn't coming back this year. Add #53 and/or a Mario type FA and the team is improved.

• Like 2

I think it will take more than just adding Chillz to what we had last year in order to get to the ECF. I just don't know if Coach Drew and Childress are the difference between beating the Magic or not. Hopefully they find a way to add more than just Childress. I would leave him be and go hard after Tony Allen. He is an unbelievable defender and also goes hard to the rim.