• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I found this tidbit about Pape Sy

Blunt91

ATLANTA (AP) - The Atlanta Hawks have selected forward Pape Sy of France with the No. 53 overall pick in the second round. The 6-foot-7 Sy won over Hawks officials by paying his way for workouts in Atlanta. Hawks coach Larry Drew says he expected Sy to be overwhelmed at the workouts but says Sy impressed the team with his "strong desire to come here and showcase his talent."

The 22-year-old Sy is playing for Le Havre of the French Pro A League.

On the surface I really respect Sy for doing something like that and can see how that would impress a potential employer but this is a bad time to read about details like that concerning the Hawks.

I really hope this kid makes it in the NBA, whether it's with the Hawks or not.

On the surface I really respect Sy for doing something like that and can see how that would impress a potential employer but this is a bad time to read about details like that concerning the Hawks.

Hey thats great that Pape has money to spend! Maybe he can invest in the ASG since they certainly showed they were so cheap that they wouldn't even pay for someone to come in for workouts. Color me impressed!!!!

In a related story the Hawks have guaranteed a roster spot for Pape Sy. Sources close to the situation cite Sy's willingness to pay for his own travel expenses and meals during away trips. Hawks brass are willing to overlook his putrid numbers in a putrid league b/c they will be saving nearly 10,000 dollars.

BUG OFF ASG

• Like 1

In a related story the Hawks have guaranteed a roster spot for Pape Sy. Sources close to the situation cite Sy's willingness to pay for his own travel expenses and meals during away trips. Hawks brass are willing to overlook his putrid numbers in a putrid league b/c they will be saving nearly 10,000 dollars.

BUG OFF ASG

:laugh:

BUG OFF ASG

The guy will probably have to wash his own jersey , and rent his locker.at Phillips

• Moderators

This is how Atlanta $tingy Group plans to fill out the roster at free agency time. Spots go to the first guys that show up at Philips after paying their own MARTA fare to get there.

~lw3

Edited by lethalweapon3

• Moderators

Hey thats great that Pape has money to spend! Maybe he can invest in the ASG since they certainly showed they were so cheap that they wouldn't even pay for someone to come in for workouts. Color me impressed!!!!

It is amazing how tone deaf the ASG is being right now. You just hired the cheapest coach in the NBA. You just sold a valuable draft pick. Why would you ever go to the press talking about how this guy paying his own way impressed you? You have to know that people are going to view you as cheap after these moves and work to assure the fans that this isn't the case. Travel costs for a draft pick are de minimus expenses for NBA teams. This is like hiring a new executive and saying how impressed you were that he ordered a cheap entre off the menu when you took him to lunch.

These little boys playing at being Big NBA Owners, are starting to make the Smith's look like professional owners. Geesh. What a bunch of losers. Nothing against our Hawks players, but you got lousy owners.

OMG!!!! HE PAID HIS WAY!?!?!

YOU ARE RIGHT. THIS IS THE WRONG TIME TO READ SOME CRAP LIKE THIS..... I could do nothing but LOL when I saw that. C'MON ASG!

• Like 1

It is amazing how tone deaf the ASG is being right now. You just hired the cheapest coach in the NBA. You just sold a valuable draft pick. Why would you ever go to the press talking about how this guy paying his own way impressed you? You have to know that people are going to view you as cheap after these moves and work to assure the fans that this isn't the case. Travel costs for a draft pick are de minimus expenses for NBA teams. This is like hiring a new executive and saying how impressed you were that he ordered a cheap entre off the menu when you took him to lunch.

Its been a common theme with the ASG. It really started to pick up when Junior started talking to the press. I brought it up many times, there are certain things you just don't talk about in public. The ASG are buffoons with every aspect of owning an NBA franchise.