• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Rudy Gay to get $82M.

mrhonline

Wowzers.

(NBA.com top headline).

Joe worth the max!

• Premium Member

Wasn't there a big argument on this board between posters saying Rudy Gay won't get a big deal and someone else saying he will?

I don't know who said what but Gay was going to get paid by someone. Memphis had to overpay to keep him.

Rudy is 5 years younger than Joe and has yet to reach his prime. Joe has arguably peaked.

And it is 5 year, $82 million.

At the time the headline said 100 mil and nothing else.

Rudy Gay jumps out the gym and his jumpshot looks pretty awsome 82 million to watch him get even better is pretty fair. Joe treats the city bad, gets nervous during big basketball games and he wants the world. I remeber one time i came out of Phillips me and the gang were just chillin waitin to cross the street up pulls Joe to the red light with the Purple crazy colored Phantom the lights red he stops, as soon as fans come up to the car to show some love he Floors it ignors the red light and jets off into the night light ever since that day i knew Joe Johnson was evil and didnt care about the bigger picture he's all about himself.

Salim Was Still Good

Rudy Gay jumps out the gym and his jumpshot looks pretty awsome 82 million to watch him get even better is pretty fair. Joe treats the city bad, gets nervous during big basketball games and he wants the world. I remeber one time i came out of Phillips me and the gang were just chillin waitin to cross the street up pulls Joe to the red light with the Purple crazy colored Phantom the lights red he stops, as soon as fans come up to the car to show some love he Floors it ignors the red light and jets off into the night light ever since that day i knew Joe Johnson was evil and didnt care about the bigger picture he's all about himself.

Salim Was Still Good

After what happened to Sheldon Williams no wonder why he floored it. I would too. And dont think that Rudy Gay doesnt do the same in Memphis.

• Like 1

What happened to Sheldon?? One time I was at Stonecrest Mall Marvin walks out as im going in, in my head i was in shock like damn thats Marvin Williams shud i say something? Right when i turn around he's already gettin mobbed by fans askin for autographs pics etc. he hops in his whip and continues to interact with fans for a good 10 mins while he's in the car then leaves. All i'm askin is respect from Joe Johnson we pay money to watch him loose in the playoffs atleast try to lie to us and show you got love for the people

Salim Was Still Good

• Like 1

Salim Was Still Good

Don't blame him.

Wow that is nuts. Memphis offered him $10 million/yr last year so i knew they intended to keep him. However i don't see the logic in offering him more than any other team could offer him.

Would matching a front loaded deal be that much of a problem? With so many teams having a lot of cap space someone may have thrown a big deal his way after striking out on their main targets. But if the most another team can pay is $78 million, and you are willing to pay that, why not let it play out? It is no sure thing that a team would throw a huge offer his way, although NJ/MIN may have.

And if you are willing to pay $16 million/yr now why wouldn't they have been willing to up their $10 million/yr offer last fall?

Why are people shocked that Rudy got this type of deal from Memphis? Why do you think that team cleared all of that cap space by getting rid of Pau Gasol?

They have a 17 million dollar trade chip in Zach Randolph for next year ( lol . . who might be in jail by then if he's busted for marijuana trafficking ). They have Marc Gasol to toss a big money extension to. And they have three 1st round draft picks coming into the fold.

Don't look now, but Salmons is about to get a Marvin type deal as well.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/07/milwaukee-bucks-close-to-five-year-39-million-with-john-salmons.php

LOL . . for a league that supposedly hurting for money, these owners sure are throwing the money around today.

• Moderators

Nothing worse than young athletic guys who can't defend a barstool. At least be a decent help defender.

5-and-82 at his stage of development+accomplishment sounds about right, regardless of the absurdity of Joe's pending deal.

~lw3

Sheldon got robbed in the west end rmbr....

Cascade, but I'm just being nit-picky.

~lw3