• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Can Jordan Crawford become a Poor Man's Wade?

Johnnybravo4

They have some similarities coming out of college. Both 6'3 200, they both were only 3 star recruits out of high school who developed into go to scorers at mid-major universities. Just like Wade, Crawford game is based upon attacking the rim (Though I think Crawford's jumper is more consistent that Wade's coming out of college) Wade was and is more athletic, but as Crawford showed in his dunk on Lebron, he isn't afraid to attack the rim and finish. We haven't had a guard like that....ever. (maybe teague) If you look at their college production, they were almost the same player.

I know it is pie in the sky, but there are always steals late in the draft.

Juan Dixon is still the comparison that I like best. Here are the stats in the final year of college for them.

Dixon Vs Crawford (sorry if its tough to read)

20.4 PPG 20.5

2.9 APG 2.9

4.6 RPG 4.7

.469 FG% .462

.397 3PT% .366

92 Steals 56

7 Blocks 7

157 FTA 154

166 TRB 166

• Premium Member

Actually, that was Dominique Jones, a player the Hawks passed on...

The only thing Dominique lacked was Wade's explosiveness. He had everything else. I really like 'Nique for us due to his ability to play 1-2 but it was not meant to be. Crawford is the sexier of the two picks if you're looking for a pure shooting guard who can flat out score the ball. Crawford has the most ridiculous highlights of any player NOT taken in the lottery or mid-first round. His highlights are like a celebration of the game of basketball. The guy looks like a 6'4" Iverson in his highlights. I really think his game will translate well to the NBA. :cant believe:

• Premium Member

Less athletic, physical and better shooting eric gordon. Let us all get a glimpse of summer league play first.

I think he'll dominate Summer League with his type of game. Teague is really gonna rack up some assists.

Less athletic, physical and better shooting eric gordon. Let us all get a glimpse of summer league play first.

Perfect comparison to Dominique Jones.

Fair and optimistic.

Ya....the Del Curry is VERY optimistic.

I'd be happy with Crawford being the next V. Lenard.

Edited by coachx

Fair comparisons could be Del Curry, Voshon Lenard, or a less physical Ben Gordon.

I see OJ Mayo every time I watch Jordan Crawford maybe that's just me

Actually, that was Dominique Jones, a player the Hawks passed on...

Dominique Jones reminds me a lot of Tyreke Evans that's why I wanted him on the Hawks.

They have some similarities coming out of college. Both 6'3 200, they both were only 3 star recruits out of high school who developed into go to scorers at mid-major universities. Just like Wade, Crawford game is based upon attacking the rim (Though I think Crawford's jumper is more consistent that Wade's coming out of college) Wade was and is more athletic, but as Crawford showed in his dunk on Lebron, he isn't afraid to attack the rim and finish. We haven't had a guard like that....ever. (maybe teague) If you look at their college production, they were almost the same player.

I know it is pie in the sky, but there are always steals late in the draft.

The expression "poor man's Dwayne Wade" is misleading. Either you are an elite player such as Dwayne Wade or you are not. If you are a "poor man's" anything then there should be no comparison to Dwayne Wade, one of the best players of his generation.

I may be mis-reading your post hawk...is Teague playing in the summer league this year?

I've read that Rook and JoCraw will both be on the Summer League team. That's gonna be quite a sight :cant believe:

Dominique Jones reminds me a lot of Tyreke Evans that's why I wanted him on the Hawks.

I doubt Dominque Jones has the ability to start at PG as a rookie.........but I've been proven woring before.

I see a Flip the switch Murray or the Clippers Gordon.