• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Josh Smith and Al Horford gets no credit from this board!

JTB

It's funny how many on this board are willing to trade Smoove or Horford. I mean I would only trade if we got some huge value in return, like a cp3 or melo but that sounds unreachable of course so I would just keep them. The problem isnt Smoove or Horford both had all-star years last year and Im seriously doubting the hawks organization are willing to give up neither unless it were for a cp3 or melo of course. But other than that I really think both guys stay at their positions and the hawks will try to upgrade the SF position and grab a BIG that can play significant minutes when horford cant match the other centers size or height and i have been saying it for the longest. Also I bet all the money in the world that nearly every NBA, ESPN,anaylst would agree that Horford and Smoove are top 10 in their positions.

So new game plan.............

-Many thought marvin couldnt be traded well guess what he's on the trading block and it's reported that the warriors actually contacted the hawks about williams so believe it or not somebody is actually intrested in williams. We screwed the warriors once with that Jamal trade now lets get em again and get some good value in return again and yes its possible.

-The gameplan to retain JJ had to do with the hawks talking about the supporting case and mainly Smoove, Horford and of course Jamal were a BIG part of that Convo. So with that said the organization is definitely proably planning on keeping all 3 of these guys and trying to grab a Big man who can come in and play against Bigger centers than horford if needed cause its not like horford didnt hold his ground against most centers in the NBA cause he did.

We just need a BIG who can play good minutes off the bench possibly starter minutes and is able to handle the bigger centers and a SF who's atleast more aggressive than Marvin but who knows marvin may change now that woody is gone, he seemed like he had a big problem with woody when he was here.

Edited by JTB
  • Like 2

It's funny how many on this board are willing to trade Smoove or Horford. I mean I would only trade if we got some huge value in return, like a cp3 or melo but that sounds unreachable of course so I would just keep them. The problem isnt Smoove or Horford both had all-star years last year and Im seriously doubting the hawks organization are willing to give up neither unless it were for a cp3 or melo of course. But other than that I really think both guys stay at their positions and the hawks will try to upgrade the SF position and grab a BIG that can play significant minutes when horford cant match the other centers size or height and i have been saying it for the longest. Also I bet all the money in the world that nearly every NBA, ESPN,anaylst would agree that Horford and Smoove are top 10 in their positions.

So new game plan.............

-Many thought marvin couldnt be traded well guess what he's on the trading block and it's reported that the warriors actually contacted the hawks about williams so believe it or not somebody is actually intrested in williams. We screwed the warriors once with that Jamal trade now lets get em again and get some good value in return again and yes its possible.

-The gameplan to retain JJ had to do with the hawks talking about the supporting case and mainly Smoove, Horford and of course Jamal were a BIG part of that Convo. So with that said the organization is definitely proably planning on keeping all 3 of these guys and trying to grab a Big man who can come in and play against Bigger centers than horford if needed cause its not like horford didnt hold his ground against most centers in the NBA cause he did.

We just need a BIG who can play good minutes off the bench possibly starter minutes and is able to handle the bigger centers and a SF who's atleast more aggressive than Marvin but who knows marvin may change now that woody is gone, he seemed like he had a big problem with woody when he was here.

+1

Edited by ILOVEmyWIFEtoo

Ha, are you kidding? Josh Smith is the one who gets no love on this board. In fact, he is probably the best player on the Hawks roster (my opinion). It seems like everyone here wants to trade Smith and talk a bout how 'awesome' Horford is. I guess people really don't know how important he is to this team. Anyways, I wouldn't want to trade any of them -- just want a good bench with a "BIG". Horford and Smoove need to stay with the team and they are just as important as Joe.

• Like 1

Al Horford gets A LOT of Love, Josh Smith is the one who doesn't. granted he didn't have a great playoffs. But neither will Al.. We DO NOT win 53 games without Smoove, and probably not without AL either.. I think you add to that core, and see what you can get for Marvin who hasn't shown much of anything..

Ha, are you kidding? Josh Smith is the one who gets no love on this board. In fact, he is probably the best player on the Hawks roster (my opinion). It seems like everyone here wants to trade Smith and talk a bout how 'awesome' Horford is. I guess people really don't know how important he is to this team. Anyways, I wouldn't want to trade any of them -- just want a good bench with a "BIG". Horford and Smoove need to stay with the team and they are just as important as Joe.

LOL thats true Josh Smith is the main one of the two who gets no love but im like you we need to keep the important players and upgrade that bench a tad bit. The thing people dont realize is that you complain about Smith and Horford and it could be worse!!!!

Al Horford gets A LOT of Love, Josh Smith is the one who doesn't. granted he didn't have a great playoffs. But neither will Al.. We DO NOT win 53 games without Smoove, and probably not without AL either.. I think you add to that core, and see what you can get for Marvin who hasn't shown much of anything..

yup +1

add to the core.exactly!

People think they can't co-exist because Horford is a PF playing Center.

In reality that's not the reason why we aren't contenders, the position we need more production out of is not the 4 or 5 position. It's not the 2 position (if we get Joe back), it's the 1 and the 3.

Well with Marvin we pretty much know what we are going to get. So that leaves the PG position. The potential of this team is tied to Jeff Teague. If he can be even close to as effective as Rondo for us, the sky is the limit for this team

If they were truly top ten at there positions we wouldnt have to resign Joe simply to make the playoffs . Something is wrong if in the NBA you think you have a top ten PF AND C and yet cant get out of the second rd .

• Premium Member

You know why people want to trade one or the other.

They are both good but they are out of position. Together, they are not so good.

Josh - Tweener with no real position, stubborn, no mature, no post offense, weak 1 on 1 defender.

Horf = out of position at C, no post offense, weak post defender.

This is the 4 and 5. Both are under 6'10". Big men have party time playing against our frontcourt.

It's nothing personal, it's just the realization that these guys are out of position.

Then on top of that, Horf has demanded that he plays 4. His contract is up in the offseason. What do you do??? Ignore his demand?

• Premium Member

Diesel is right except for Horford not having a post game. Put him at the four and let him post up against other PFs and he'll score more. The problem is we have two tweeners in a pf/c Horford and a pf/sf in Smoove. We need SIZE at the center position that can defend and board.

..................the position we need more production out of is not the 4 or 5 position. It's not the 2 position (if we get Joe back), it's the 1 and the 3.

Well said BBIB...and that's the truth. Later in your post you sorta gave Marvin a pass - which I totally disagree with. The SF position in the NBA is simply too important.

Edited by DJlaysitup

• Premium Member

Well said BBIB...and that's the truth. Later in your post you sorta gave Marvin a pass - which I totally disagree with. The SF position in the NBA is simply too important.

DJ, I'm going to have to disagree with your agreement.

Joe does give us a lot. We don't need more production from Joe. We need more production from the PG and Sf position. Plus, we need to be able to count on the 4 or the 5 to give us those guaranteed points in the lane. We can't.

....Then on top of that, Horf has demanded that he plays 4. His contract is up in the offseason. What do you do??? Ignore his demand?

Horford has to be grinding his teeth. Here is all this money being thrown around and here is Al Horford playing center for the Hawks. Everybody and their grandmothers knows that AL is a PF. He would be a fairly dominant PF right now - could even be a Karl Malone Jr in the future.

DJ, I'm going to have to disagree with your agreement.

Joe does give us a lot. We don't need more production from Joe. We need more production from the PG and Sf position. Plus, we need to be able to count on the 4 or the 5 to give us those guaranteed points in the lane. We can't.

Yep D....here is my thinking...we have basically stunted Horford's growth in the league (see Woody/BK/ASG). We HAVE to get a center - even if he's not very good. We HAVE to get Al Horford to the PF position.

Josh Smith is not a legit 10 PF ....please

Amare

Bosh

Boozer

Duncan

Gasol

Dirk

Aldridge

Zack

now you want to group Lee, Josh, West , Jamison ..so be it you can argue those out for top 10

Boozer, Zach, Alridge, Smoove are all on the same level. Beauty is in the eye of the bedholder there. I like Smoove more then any of them b/c of his age.

Haha!!! :magnifier:

Al & Josh get tons of love on this board.

Maybe even more than they should.

Why? See Diesel's post above.

Quibble with some of his assertions (Al's offense, for example) if you like.

Doesn't matter: the only position either can play a majority of their minutes at on a contender is PF.

Haha!!! :magnifier:

Al & Josh get tons of love on this board.

Maybe even more than they should.

Why? See Diesel's post above.

Quibble with some of his assertions (Al's offense, for example) if you like.

Doesn't matter: the only position either can play a majority of their minutes at on a contender is PF.

there has to be a follow up move after joe resigns. and it has to be:

1. trade package involving either smoove or al for a true superstar: cp3, melo, or Lbj (wet dream)

2. sign shaq if he's serious about his fitness and making one last run at a ring. I would figure he's real motivated after kobe gloated about having one more than him.