Any possibility of a Ronny Turiaf for Marvin williams!

JTB

Many thought Marvin couldnt be moved but it seems more than likely now. In fact the warriors contacted the hawks about marvin! atleast thats what realgm is stating, but who could we get is the question. Well lets look at this situation of the warriors and why it makes sense that they want marvin williams.

1.there are no wing players in free agency who are top players besides rudy gay who has already agreed back to the grizz. travis outlaw is a reach but they havent shown interest in him. So at this point finding a wing player or small forward would be pretty tough and no LBJ is not a option for the warriors. Chillz is also a option but many teams are showing they want him but i trust the hawks will retain him. Anyways long story short there are no wing players in free agency.

2.the warriors traded their wing player maggette away to the bucks.

3.marvin is young so why wouldnt they take the risk of taking him.

4. they know the hawks will get rid of williams

Now who do we get, I say Turiaf..........how is it possible

1. well they just traded for al jefferson, so turiaf seems movable

2.they also traded for gadzuric earlier. so that makes turiaf even more reachable

3.warriors still has bierdrens whos coming off injury

Ronny can be a great rotational player to take on centers bigger than horford if needed plus he is known for good defense! This makes perfect sense warriors want marvin and we want a big, Turiaf fills those shoes.

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/67719/20100701/hawks_shopping_marvin_williams/

The Hawks are shopping forward Marvin Williams, according to a report in the San Francisco Chronicle.

Golden State has contacted Atlanta about Williams and the Warriors could call the Rockets if Trevor Ariza and Shane Battier hit the trading block.

Read more: http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/67719/20100701/hawks_shopping_marvin_williams/#ixzz0sjyy5sze

What do you think ATL?

Edited by JTB

[

1. well they just traded for al jefferson, so turiaf seems movable

Where do u see that a trade has been made for Jefferson?

Realgm says a trade has been discussed, but that all

Edited by pimp

Where do u see that a trade has been made for Jefferson?

Realgm says a trade has been discussed, but that all

Wow my mistake thats what I get for not reading accurately! well if it did happen we could get turiaf. hell even if it didnt we could prob get him

Reading the Warriors boards, it's apparent that Turiaf has been a disappointment, and they would be overjoyed at the idea of a Williams for Turiaf trade.

good works in our favor cause we have been dissapointed in marvin

• Premium Member

Disappointment in your starting SF and disappointment in your back-up C are two different things.

I like Turiaf, but if you're even beginning to think we'd take him even-up for Williams, that's just nuts.

More likely he would be part of a trade as surmised originally, us sending Bibby and Williams to them in exchange for Turiaf and something.

Wow my mistake thats what I get for not reading accurately! well if it did happen we could get turiaf. hell even if it didnt we could prob get him

If that trade happens, I would like to get Andris Biedrins and Brandan Wright for Williams and Bibby

If that trade happens, I would like to get Andris Biedrins and Brandan Wright for Williams and Bibby

If they just traded for Jefferson it would seem that Biendrens might be available for MW

but I like the trade suggested although it seems unlikely.