• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Stop Crying in your soup.

Diesel

• Premium Member

I really don't think that the Heat will be that good.

Ok, let's look at this. Riley will come out of retirement and coach this team!

But:

Wade and Lebron are Iso guys. Lebron passes but not because he wants to, he passes because it looks good.

Bosh is overrated.

I know he's a GTech product but why couldn't he win in Toronto when he was the man?

As-Is. Orlando is better. Boston is mentally tougher (still). Atlanta may be better in a series.

The Dan Gilbert curse might hold. Byron Scott is a good coach. He will get some talent. I can imagine that Jamison and Williams will go up on the blocks soon. Cleveland will be sorry. But I suspect that they will get Perry Jones and Brandon Knight out of the next draft. That could lead them to championship before Miami gets there.

Atlanta is better because we're very deep comparatively. We have good depth. Now is the time for Sund not to blow it. He has to be very smart about the next few moves. IF we get Paul, you can send David Sterns to Atlanta to have our players rings sized up.

• Like 2

Who's crying? I'm not. Look, there's no telling how these guys in Miami are going to mesh together, and not to mention how the Heat front office plans to fill out the rest of its team. And who's to say they won't get hit by injury, not that I'd wish for that as I'd rather beat them straight-up, but the injury possibility always exists, especially for Dwayne Wade. And no matter what, they're going to be hindered in the years ahead by the massive amounts of $$$$ they've committed to just these three players, and that's a big deal, because that reduces their financial flexibility tremendously.

And if they're better than us in the immediate future, who cares? That doesn't mean that a playoff upset isn't possible, in fact upsets happen in the playoffs all the time. So rather than being intimidated by what's taken place in Miami, I'm intensely curious to see it in action and to see how it all plays out. Sometimes they say that competition brings out the best in ya, so hopefully this new level of competition will bring out the best in our Hawks, and I believe it will.

I am very much looking forward to the season.

Didn't LeBron say that Spoelstra will still be the coach of the team and Riley isn't stepping down?

But I agree. Too much hype RIGHT NOW for the Heat. I'm a little bit intimidated right now but I have faith in the team. Btw, if they don't get a legitimate Center, they'll never pass the Magic. Bet on that.

Honestly, the defeatist attitude that some Hawks fans seem to be taking regarding this is just a drag. I mean c'mon, people!

Like Bluto said: "Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!" :smile:

It ain't over. The games have not even begun.

I think this super team will only be super if everything goes its way. Soon as some losses pile up, finger pointing starts, guys start going ISO, and pretty soon it discombobulates. Plus, they need 11 players, and at least 7-8 regulars to make a team, not just 3.

Well with the three young guys like that all in their prime, all with large egos and all used to being the alpha-dog on their team, what Miami has done here is unprecedented, and that's why it's such a great unknown, and there's no telling how it might turn out. Who knows, maybe it'll be the greatest thing since sliced bread, or maybe it'll be a train-wreck of catastrophic proportions, meaning no rings for these guys in the next five years. Because it is so unprecedented, there's absolutely no way of knowing how it's all going to turn out, and that's why it's so fascinating to me. I've never seen anything like it before, and I've been following the NBA for 30+ years.

We just have to play, keep improving, and keep moving forward. We have to do that whether Miami signed those guys or not. I hope the Hawks are freaking pumped to play that Heat team. I hope they want blood. I hope they relish the challenge in front of them, and I bet they do. I don't believe there's a player on this team who's running scared, nor should they be. We were a 53 game winner last season, we were legitimately good, and there's no reason that upward trajectory should not continue.

• Premium Member

Honestly, the defeatist attitude that some Hawks fans seem to be taking regarding this is just a drag. I mean c'mon, people!

Like Bluto said: "Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!" :smile:

It ain't over. The games have not even begun.

Forget it, he's rolling...

Obviously this is a scary group of guys on one team in the history of the league. They're three amazing stars. The real question is if they can put their ego's aside and gel together. If this team can co-exist and get support and production from players not named James, Wade, and Bosh then we have a serious problem on our hands. Mario Chalmers is fully capable of being a good player in this league, but after that there is a bunch of question marks. Dexter Pittman could be a force inside and Da'Sean Butler could be a solid scorer coming off the bench. Only time will tell for Miami, but the end state is that Atlanta hasn't improved yet.

I really don't think that the Heat will be that good.

Ok, let's look at this. Riley will come out of retirement and coach this team!

But:

Wade and Lebron are Iso guys. Lebron passes but not because he wants to, he passes because it looks good.

Bosh is overrated.

I know he's a GTech product but why couldn't he win in Toronto when he was the man?

As-Is. Orlando is better. Boston is mentally tougher (still). Atlanta may be better in a series.

The Dan Gilbert curse might hold. Byron Scott is a good coach. He will get some talent. I can imagine that Jamison and Williams will go up on the blocks soon. Cleveland will be sorry. But I suspect that they will get Perry Jones and Brandon Knight out of the next draft. That could lead them to championship before Miami gets there.

Atlanta is better because we're very deep comparatively. We have good depth. Now is the time for Sund not to blow it. He has to be very smart about the next few moves. IF we get Paul, you can send David Sterns to Atlanta to have our players rings sized up.

\

Good depth? WWhere is thsi depth you speak of?

This "depth" barely got the Hawks past the Bucks.

\

Good depth? WWhere is thsi depth you speak of?

This "depth" barely got the Hawks past the Bucks.

Second team of Teague, Jamal Crawfords,Jordan Crawford, Mo,Zaza and Marvin(If Chillzs come back). I also wish Mario would play more. He is a really hard worker and when player got hurt in 2007, he play really well and we won. Randolph Morris must be garbage though, he never gets PT!!!! I would say we are 10 to 11 deep!

Second team of Teague, Jamal Crawfords,Jordan Crawford, Mo,Zaza and Marvin(If Chillzs come back). I also wish Mario would play more. He is a really hard worker and when player got hurt in 2007, he play really well and we won. Randolph Morris must be garbage though, he never gets PT!!!! I would say we are 10 to 11 deep!

Much to the delight of the posters here I've basically been restricted so I can't comment all that much.

But I will say that Chillz probably isn't coming back. He doesn't want to be here and none of those other guys gave anything off the bench last season.

Plus Wade has hade some injury history. Bosh is soft and Bron is a diva. The Hawks have the talent to beat anybody except maybe Dwight Howard. Do they have the mental toughness, thats the problem.