• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Stephen A talks Hawks/Shaq

Brotha2ThaNite

Stephen A Smith said Shaq needs to be in Atlanta. There are 3 teams that he is still looking at…Magics, Bulls and the Hawks. He thinks it should be the Hawks.

Goes off on Sund saying he needs to get off his butt and get Shaq. He said that we could have gotten Chris Kaman a couple of years ago but didn’t push hard enough. We don’t need to let Shaq get away.

Stephen said Shaq needs to take that 11mil over 2yrs the Hawks have on the table and put his ego aside.

My thing is if we get Shaq he would need to be the starter… My reason is he needs to get his old bones moving early. Why can’t he start for the first 4mins?

On the said note, he also spoke with LBJ close friends/boys. They said that they agreed with what the owner had to say. The owner gave them his private jet anytime they needed it. It was very wrong for LBJ to not call him. This is why I don’t get why ESPN keep dogging LBJs friends. I have heard time and time that most of his boyz/friend told LBJ to stay with the Cavs.

I actually agree with this. Get Shaq so we have some recorse to fall back on vs Dwight Howard and the few other physically dominate big men that Al and Josh just cant handle. I would certainly start Shaq vs Orlando. Vs other Squads that are quicker with dominate sf start Marv. If Gearon lets Orlando get him that could be the F move of the summer for him as gm.

• Premium Member

I actually agree with this. Get Shaq so we have some recorse to fall back on vs Dwight Howard and the few other physically dominate big men that Al and Josh just cant handle. I would certainly start Shaq vs Orlando. Vs other Squads that are quicker with dominate sf start Marv. If Gearon lets Orlando get him that could be the F move of the summer for him as gm.

i think if it was up to the ASG Shaq would already be a Hawk. From the way things looks the Hawks are on the bottom of Shaq's list.

i think if it was up to the ASG Shaq would already be a Hawk. From the way things looks the Hawks are on the bottom of Shaq's list.

Well if we offered our full MLE like S.A.S said then you are correct there isnt much more we can logically do besides giving him red carpet treatment. M.C. doesnt think we have even made an offer yet because they are not sure about Shaq.

If Shaq does sign the mle I wonder if we could use the 3.6 mill tpe to get Brad Miller. I think he last played for the Bulls right? Maybe send that 2nd round pick they're way in a s & t? You can never ever have enough nba skilled bigs. Look at Boston and L..A, both are loaded with nba calibur bigs.

• Premium Member

If we don't sign shaq an he goes to Miami we are doing double damage. Not only does it make Miami stronger but we have to face shaq but we loose out on the opportunity

I agree. I know there have been rumors of locker room issues, but if Shaq goes to Miami or Orlando this just puts us in a much tougher position.

Sometimes in business you buy the car to keep it away from the competition!

My thing is if we get Shaq he would need to be the starter… My reason is he needs to get his old bones moving early. Why can’t he start for the first 4mins?

No disrespect...

I'm I the only person that feels that Shaq is too "experienced" to have a significant impact for the Hawks. He's like 38 and overweight--no doubt his knees and ankles must be praying for relief.

Shaq in Orlando, really? Garbage. They have the best center in the league and a good backup already complaining about playing time, drafted a huge stiff and they gonna throw more money at a guy the entire fanbase and their star hates? Stephen A feels like he's untouchable since he got the big three story right but that is just garbage reporting. If Shaq's choices are really between the Magic, Heat and us then I feel absolutely comfortable just offering him 2 mil because neither of those squads want him. He may make sense in Chicago though but I have no idea what their money situation is like after signing Korver and waiting on Orlando's decision on matching Redick.

We need Shaq in the worst way, we are more than likely going to face Orlando in the 1st round. Even if we finish with a better record than them somehow they will still more than likely have the 5th seed because of the Heat having the 1st seed.

If we don't want to be one and done in the playoffs we have to stop Dwight Howard.

And the only way to come close to doing that is with Shaq.

I would almost even part with Marvin Williams to get Shaq because it's that pivotal to our playoff chances and looking long term, possibly our chances at retaining a Horford.

So let's overpay Shaq so he can guard the 2-3 centers that Al struggles with. We are going to overspend on a position that we don't have a dire need for contrary to popular opinion, yet we are going to trade our best perimeter defender on a poor perimeter defending team to get him. This makes a lot of sense, but this organization and the fans have been infatuated with getting a so called "true center" that they are ignoring what this team really needs - perimeter defenders.

So let's overpay Shaq so he can guard the 2-3 centers that Al struggles with. We are going to overspend on a position that we don't have a dire need for contrary to popular opinion, yet we are going to trade our best perimeter defender on a poor perimeter defending team to get him. This makes a lot of sense, but this organization and the fans have been infatuated with getting a so called "true center" that they are ignoring what this team really needs - perimeter defenders.

Can't we trade Marvin for Shaq and go for a perimeter player in Free Agency? Matt Barnes is a lot better guarding the perimeter than Marvin.

• Premium Member

Finally, a voice of reason emerges from the blog....

Can't we trade Marvin for Shaq and go for a perimeter player in Free Agency? Matt Barnes is a lot better guarding the perimeter than Marvin.

Matt Barnes is marginally better than Marvin as a perimeter defender, but he's more limited offensively.

Getting Shaq is just a bad move all the way around. He will cost more money than he's worth, and he will be a distraction and disruption in the locker room.

Matt Barnes is marginally better than Marvin as a perimeter defender, but he's more limited offensively.

Getting Shaq is just a bad move all the way around. He will cost more money than he's worth, and he will be a distraction and disruption in the locker room.

Barnes is not a better defender than Marvin, that's not even. You put anyone with Dwight Howard and they look good on defense and same with a young Tim Duncan. You got people thinking J.J. Redick is a solid defender, lol. Dwight makes players look a lot better on defense then believed. Matt Barnes is a downgrade from Marvin and most aspects of the game.