• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

M.C. says Hawks unlikely to use [FULL] M.L.E.

NJHAWK

• Moderators

Headlinez...

BOBCATS ADD LIVINGSTON, DAMPIER

MAGIC UPGRADE SF WITH RICHARDSON

WIZ ADD JOHN WALL, HINRICH, YI

HEAT ADD LEBRON JAMES, CHRIS BOSH, MIKE MILLER...

HAWKS ADD EXCEPTIONS THEY CAN'T USE, :05 YOUTUBE HILITE REEL, POPPY SEED

~lw3

• Like 2

Mother of God...this is the worst case scenario for this franchise. Resign the only player in the league to a full six year max deal and THEN not even spend the MLE to improve the roster? WHAT??? This is absolute madness. The ASG FINALLY shows a financial commitment and NOW they don't want to add to a roster that has shown two years in a row it CAN NOT advance past the second round??

:shake_puter: :cant believe:

I'm bummed to.

Once the ASG gave JJ the max offer I assumed that ownership was ready to committ what top 10 organizations committ financially to win.

Edited by coachx

I don't have a problem with the team not being willing to pay the luxury tax for the third best team in the division. that means you can't even get a top 4 seed. But to me this is why I was so shocked that the Hawks would give Joe 6 years and 124 million.

• Moderators

I don't have a problem with the team not being willing to pay the luxury tax for the third best team in the division. that means you can't even get a top 4 seed. But to me this is why I was so shocked that the Hawks would give Joe 6 years and 124 million.

Mad Max'ing Joe makes even more sense to me now, because without that it would look like mean we've REALLY done absolutely nothing.

~lw3

Shaq might as well retire now if he thinks any team is going to pay him $8million a year. While we were wasting time on Shaq & Miller we could have had Johan Petro for a decent contract.

• Premium Member

Well I as many others are really disheartened about this. I have being always been critical of the Hawks being cheap, but when they resigned Joe I said that I was wrong they were not cheap. My only hesitation on this was I was afraid that was all they were going to do. If MC is correct in his assessment then I have a problem.

If true, once again we spend another summer with the Hawks doing nothing. They did resign Joe but went cheap on the coaching front. This is not a championship caliber team.

Look for Phillips to half empty again this year. :temperature:

• Like 1

I told a couple of buddies that signing Joe to a max contract was cool, IF the Hawks were willing to shake up the roster a little bit. Otherwise, they simply needed to let Joe walk, and commit to a small rebuild around Horford, Williams, and Smith. Going into next season with the same core group of players that have been swept in the 2nd round of the playoffs two years in a row is the sign of a team that is just happy making the playoffs. I really like Jamal Crawford, but after resigning Joe, the Hawks should have been looking to package his expiring contract with Williams or Smith to obtain another all-star caliber player. It looks like that is not going to happen. The older I get the more I see the business side of sports, and although I will continue to watch the Hawks on tv when I get a chance, I will go to fewer games if the core is the same as last year. I have a love for taking trips, and that money can go in the vacation kitty.

• Like 1

I told a couple of buddies that signing Joe to a max contract was cool, IF the Hawks were willing to shake up the roster a little bit. Otherwise, they simply needed to let Joe walk, and commit to a small rebuild around Horford, Williams, and Smith. Going into next season with the same core group of players that have been swept in the 2nd round of the playoffs two years in a row is the sign of a team that is just happy making the playoffs. I really like Jamal Crawford, but after resigning Joe, the Hawks should have been looking to package his expiring contract with Williams or Smith to obtain another all-star caliber player. It looks like that is not going to happen. The older I get the more I see the business side of sports, and although I will continue to watch the Hawks on tv when I get a chance, I will go to fewer games if the core is the same as last year. I have a love for taking trips, and that money can go in the vacation kitty.

That's one of the reasons why I was in favor of bringing JJ back. It was under the assumption that other moves would be made to improve the roster. I know $$$$ talks but if I was JJ and knew that Randolph Morris, James Augustine, and Jordan Crawford was the only help coming, I would've taken the first plane to Chicago and never looked back.

And Trouble, you are dead-on with your statement. Going into next season with virtually the same guys who got their hindparts handed to them in record-setting fashion just screams same old dance to every single person who follows this team. No one here, or any other Hawks-related forum cares about the 53 wins when the team gets embarrassed on national TV in the manner they did. Magic players and coaches were laughing at our team on the sidelines with ESPN cameras rolling.

Like I asked earlier, why did we go through all of that losing for? What was the purpose behind getting all of those lottery picks and going young?

Philips is going to be a good place to go visit this coming season if you're wanted by the FBI....

• Premium Member

Headlinez...

BOBCATS ADD LIVINGSTON, DAMPIER

MAGIC UPGRADE SF WITH RICHARDSON

WIZ ADD JOHN WALL, HINRICH, YI

HEAT ADD LEBRON JAMES, CHRIS BOSH, MIKE MILLER...

HAWKS ADD EXCEPTIONS THEY CAN'T USE, :05 YOUTUBE HILITE REEL, POPPY SEED

~lw3

HIiarious and sad at the same time.