• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Hawks are silently making moves.

Chaze

• Premium Member

I don't believe the Hype But.....

Hear this out.

Marvin + Crawford + 2 first round picks for Melo would work on the boards.

Denver gets something for Melo. Namely a 6th man of the year last year and a replacement SF.

I don't think that there's a lot of interest for Smoove seeing that they have Harrington and Kmart there. However, 2 1st rounders is more than they could hope from other teams. If they see any potential in Marvin, this may be the deal.

Also, this may explain why Sund backed out of talks with SNT and Cleveland. Why trade Marvin to Cleveland when he can help you get Melo? Why talk about Shaq signing for 1.8 Million (insult) unless you have a team in the works that he would really love to play with to get his 6th ring!

• Premium Member

I don't believe the Hype But.....

Hear this out.

Marvin + Crawford + 2 first round picks for Melo would work on the boards.

Denver gets something for Melo. Namely a 6th man of the year last year and a replacement SF.

I don't think that there's a lot of interest for Smoove seeing that they have Harrington and Kmart there. However, 2 1st rounders is more than they could hope from other teams. If they see any potential in Marvin, this may be the deal.

Also, this may explain why Sund backed out of talks with SNT and Cleveland. Why trade Marvin to Cleveland when he can help you get Melo? Why talk about Shaq signing for 1.8 Million (insult) unless you have a team in the works that he would really love to play with to get his 6th ring!

Teague, Joe, Melo, Smoove, Horf, Bibby, Craw2, Zaza and Shaq....

There's your 9 man rotation that wins a championship for Atlanta.

Can you imagine the matchups against Miami and Orlando?

Teague, Joe, Melo, Smoove, Horf, Bibby, Craw2, Zaza and Shaq....

There's your 9 man rotation that wins a championship for Atlanta.

Can you imagine the matchups against Miami and Orlando?

Damn!..Sounds good to me. I wish it would just happen though, I get so krunk only to let down but thats how it is for us ATL hawk fans. Atleast they resigned JJ. So marvin, Jamal C. and two 1st round draft picks for melo! Im jumping on that all day if that trade is legit and it can go through

Well, giving up Smoove, we would have to make sure that Melo will re-sign here, and that's the whole fly in the ointment. How committed is Melo to testing the free agency waters next offseason? I have no idea, but after what took place this offseason, you have to think he'd be very interested in going through the free agency process (I mean wouldn't you?), and the Knicks amongst many other teams would be all over him like flies on shizzle. And if we couldn't guarantee him re-signing here, would you still be willing to make that trade? Smoove is an extremely valuable asset, and so is Craw. I mean he just won 6th man of the year, and his contract is due to come off the books. So to give up those kind of assets + picks for a one year rental (even of a player as good as Carmelo Anthony)....no, just no.

• Like 1

Well, giving up Smoove, we would have to make sure that Melo will re-sign here, and that's the whole fly in the ointment. How committed is Melo to testing the free agency waters next offseason? I have no idea, but after what took place this offseason, you have to think he'd be very interested in going through the free agency process (I mean wouldn't you?), and the Knicks amongst many other teams would be all over him like flies on shizzle. And if we couldn't guarantee him re-signing here, would you still be willing to make that trade? Smoove is an extremely valuable asset, and so is Craw. I mean he just won 6th man of the year, and his contract is due to come off the books. So to give up those kind of assets + picks for a one year rental (even of a player as good as Carmelo Anthony)....no, just no.

With the lockout looming, I wouldn't be surprised that he is hearing from his agent and others that he should sign this year.

It is the max players who would be hurt by the possible changes more than anybody.

+1

would probably be a JJ / melo trade though..doubt ASG would pay 2 guys max money.

I disagree! I honestly think if the ASG saw a oppurtunity to add a superstar like melo to the hawks with johnson and is able to keep horford and smith which can happen through a diff trade scenario posted by diesel in this same thread then the ASG will probably be willing to pay the luxury tax cause your getting a talented superstar at SF in melo and teaming him up with JJ another superstar! now add shaq who will probably drop his price cause he see's melo on this team and you got a BIG three with JJ, Melo, Shaq........damn if it can only just happen!

The ASG didnt want to pay the lux tax for a 38 year old shaq which is understandable but for a young superstar SF in melo to team up with JJ, Smoove, Horford, Teague, JC2 i think they will defintely reconsider because for one its worth paying lux tax for this roster! This would be a championship bond roster with melo in the lineup! Yes sir! Championship!..............damn only if it would just happen!

I don't see it happening, the ownership doesn't want to do any trades.

I think the ASG has been missed understood they dont want to do any trades for a 38 year old Shaq but Im sure they are talking or trying to make a good trade scenario with star like melo who is still in his prime or a cp3 whos still in his prime! What it is that it all depends on what they hawks have to give up! Smoove and horford may be untouchable! Johnson as well but Marvin and JC1 wont be untouchable along with future 1st rounders, especially if it means getting the team better and you can count on that!

Marvin and Crawford, lol. That would suck for Denver.

I think the ASG has been missed understood they dont want to do any trades for a 38 year old Shaq but Im sure they are talking or trying to make a good trade scenario with star like melo who is still in his prime or a cp3 whos still in his prime! What it is that it all depends on what they hawks have to give up! Smoove and horford may be untouchable! Johnson as well but Marvin and JC1 wont be untouchable along with future 1st rounders, especially if it means getting the team better and you can count on that!

We appreciate your optimism. Through the statements that ASG has made to the media, the Carmelo trade is possible, but I'm not holding my breath until I hear this from a semi-legit source.

In the end, the onus is on ASG to prove that they want to contend after all of the nonsense that has gone on. We have SOME reason to believe them based on the contract that Joe got, so there is SOME hope.

The off-season has already been crazy for the NBA, we all know the big moves by Miami. Only, the Hawks are making a splash too, might not be a hour long ESPN special kind-of- splash, but the Hawks are getting into the water.

The Hawks recently signed Joe Johnson to a max contract. Drafted Jordan Crawford, who played his first summer league game shooting 40% from the field, scoring 16 points along with 5 assist. Hawks got rid of the 27-year-old Josh Childress, in exchange for a second round draft pick in 2012. However, Atlanta is not finished yet and still can add some pieces to the pie with some big names. The Hawks, have been talking with three time Finals MVP Shaquille O’Neal. Landing O’Neal may boost the inside, which was clearly lacking against Dwight Howard in last years playoffs. Also, there have been discussions to bring in Carmelo Anthony, who is not getting along with Denver’s front office and needs a fresh start to his career. Anthony, can provide another scoring option to Johnson, and open the floor for his teammates. Carmelo, Shaq, and Johnson may be the answer against the Heat’s Wade, Bron, and Bosh. We will see how this plays out. What we learned so far, that the Hawks are making big time moves getting big time players.

source:yardbarker i looked all over that site!!

this is just like Sund! Since he's been gm of the hawks he has been quite every summer until around the end of the off season and we grab us a new talent! last year it jamal and joe smith! the year before we beefed the bench up getting mo and flip who worked out very well! I trust Sund though nothing has been done yet but this is how sund works! we will probably get some good young talent like a melo it is possible! lets just be patient like Sund!

.............and two 1st round picks as well that sounds reasonable to me! today in the nba world you hardly see a star traded for a star. an i would think that the nuggets would want an expiring contract in Jamal and a fairly good contract in marvin! add to first rounders and they are set! I dont believe this is the best offer they can get but i do think its reasonable and will compete with other offers from other teams!

We appreciate your optimism. Through the statements that ASG has made to the media, the Carmelo trade is possible, but I'm not holding my breath until I hear this from a semi-legit source.

In the end, the onus is on ASG to prove that they want to contend after all of the nonsense that has gone on. We have SOME reason to believe them based on the contract that Joe got, so there is SOME hope.

I understand after all we are dealing with the ASG but after that JJ signing i just have more hope in them! actually a whole lot more hope but that hope i have can be shot down very quickly if we dont make a move somebody!

• Premium Member

What sucks worst.... Getting Marvin, Crawford, and 2 1st for him now or getting Lebroned like Cleveland next year??

Take your time and really think that through.

We take a big risk too. We give up 2 first and Craw for a guy who comes unsigned next year. All we have is hope for a championship right now and hopes that he considers resigning with us.

• Premium Member

The only way Denver would trade Carmelo Anthony to Atlant would be for Josh Smith and Marvin Williams. I have read that K Mart may miss most of the season due to knee surgery and he is in the last year of his contract. If we make that trade Al will move to his natural power forward position. The only way I make that trade is if Carmelo signs a three year extension. I don't want to give up two players for a one year rental.

• Premium Member

The only way Denver would trade Carmelo Anthony to Atlant would be for Josh Smith and Marvin Williams. I have read that K Mart may miss most of the season due to knee surgery and he is in the last year of his contract. If we make that trade Al will move to his natural power forward position. The only way I make that trade is if Carmelo signs a three year extension. I don't want to give up two players for a one year rental.

What would you give for a 1 year rental?

That takes Smoove off the table right? Plus, your salaries don't match up. Plus, you ignored, that they just signed Al Harrington, Birdman, and Shelden. I don't think PF is something that they will be looking for...

What would you give for a 1 year rental?

That takes Smoove off the table right? Plus, your salaries don't match up. Plus, you ignored, that they just signed Al Harrington, Birdman, and Shelden. I don't think PF is something that they will be looking for...

exactly!