• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Hawks are silently making moves.

Chaze

The off-season has already been crazy for the NBA, we all know the big moves by Miami. Only, the Hawks are making a splash too, might not be a hour long ESPN special kind-of- splash, but the Hawks are getting into the water.

The Hawks recently signed Joe Johnson to a max contract. Drafted Jordan Crawford, who played his first summer league game shooting 40% from the field, scoring 16 points along with 5 assist. Hawks got rid of the 27-year-old Josh Childress, in exchange for a second round draft pick in 2012. However, Atlanta is not finished yet and still can add some pieces to the pie with some big names. The Hawks, have been talking with three time Finals MVP Shaquille O’Neal. Landing O’Neal may boost the inside, which was clearly lacking against Dwight Howard in last years playoffs. Also, there have been discussions to bring in Carmelo Anthony, who is not getting along with Denver’s front office and needs a fresh start to his career. Anthony, can provide another scoring option to Johnson, and open the floor for his teammates. Carmelo, Shaq, and Johnson may be the answer against the Heat’s Wade, Bron, and Bosh. We will see how this plays out. What we learned so far, that the Hawks are making big time moves getting big time players.

source:yardbarker i looked all over that site!!

Edited by Chaze
  • Like 2

The off-season has already been crazy for the NBA, we all know the big moves by Miami. Only, the Hawks are making a splash too, might not be a hour long ESPN special kind-of- splash, but the Hawks are getting into the water.

The Hawks recently signed Joe Johnson to a max contract. Drafted Jordan Crawford, who played his first summer league game shooting 40% from the field, scoring 16 points along with 5 assist. Hawks got rid of the 27-year-old Josh Childress, in exchange for a second round draft pick in 2012. However, Atlanta is not finished yet and still can add some pieces to the pie with some big names. The Hawks, have been talking with three time Finals MVP Shaquille O’Neal. Landing O’Neal may boost the inside, which was clearly lacking against Dwight Howard in last years playoffs. Also, there have been discussions to bring in Carmelo Anthony, who is not getting along with Denver’s front office and needs a fresh start to his career. Anthony, can provide another scoring option to Johnson, and open the floor for his teammates. Carmelo, Shaq, and Johnson may be the answer against the Heat’s Wade, Bron, and Bosh. We will see how this plays out. What we learned so far, that the Hawks are making big time moves getting big time players.

Source? Link?

good post chaze but edit the link.

I don't see the article on the site and I looked through Melo's info.

I think there is a lot of hot air coming from someone.

• Premium Member

Honestly, Carmelo would be perfect for this team but I'd hate to think who we would have to give up. Maybe we could avoid gutting our team if we offered a bunch of future first round picks. The only other options would seem to include Smoove and or Crawford in some way, which I would hate to do. If it just invloved Marv, Bibs, and some future first rounder, I'd be all over that deal. I just don't see the Nuggets as a team that's ready to rebuild just yet.They're not that far off from being contenders right now. Why on earth would they be ready to trade their best player when they have the upper hand in signing him next offseason? :cant believe:

He has given signs that he could be traded but I don't know. I just do not believe Denver will do it. Here is his tweet to Kevin Durant.

In response to Kevin Durant's tweet in which he said:

"Now everybody wanna play for the heat and the Lakers? Let's go back to being competitive and going at these peoples!"

Carmelo Anthony said:

"All that mean is Im gonna have to put my teflon on and go to war. BULLY SEASON "2010-11" coming soon.”(yepp)"

Honestly, Carmelo would be perfect for this team but I'd hate to think who we would have to give up. Maybe we could avoid gutting our team if we offered a bunch of future first round picks. The only other options would seem to include Smoove and or Crawford in some way, which I would hate to do. If it just invloved Marv, Bibs, and some future first rounder, I'd be all over that deal. I just don't see the Nuggets as a team that's ready to rebuild just yet.They're not that far off from being contenders right now. Why on earth would they be ready to trade their best player when they have the upper hand in signing him next offseason? :cant believe:

Old article but still relevant.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/121385-carmelo-for-atlantas-josh-smith-this-trade-makes-too-much-sense

A Melo-JJ-Horf Big 3 is pretty good for years to compete with the Miami nWo.

If Sund can some somehow package Horf + fillers for CP3.

CP3-Melo-JJ :clap:

I know I am dreaming.

Edited by GameTime
  • Like 1

I could write for the BR, not credible source. Like I have said, all my ppl say Melo will resign. I do not believe this.

I found the link for the article Chaze was talking about. I'm not sure if it's a credible source, but I'm definitely not trusting it until other TRUE credible sources like Sekou have talked about it.

http://www.hawktawk.com/

Thanks, not real. Keep it moving.

I found the link for the article Chaze was talking about. I'm not sure if it's a credible source, but I'm definitely not trusting it until other TRUE credible sources like Sekou have talked about it.

http://www.hawktawk.com/

thnx and sorry if its not credible my bad

http://network.yardbarker.com/nba/article_external/The_Hawks_are_silently_making_moves_Will_Shaquille_ONeal_become_a_Hawk/2888313

• Like 2

• Premium Member

+1

would probably be a JJ / melo trade though..doubt ASG would pay 2 guys max money.

Edited by NineOhTheRino