• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Broussard of ESPN just said Hawks are frontrunner for signing Shaq

gutz

So, basically you are saying that we should make personnel decisions based on ticket sells and merchandising rather than basing the decisions on whether it will help the team win, which Shaq doesn't do.

Pardon me, 'Cyde gives Qualifiable, undisputable assertions based on truth and logic and you throws your twist (rather than basing the decisions on whether it will help the team win, which Shaq doesn't do.) which is biased BS. There is no question that the Hawks would be better with Shaq than without Shaq. Just listen to what the players are saying, Al says, I need help. Looking over his shoulder with Shaq is what he is saying. Josh gushes at the mere notion of getting Sthaq. Joe advocates for the cause.

Chiiiiiiiiittt. It is a No-Brainer, unlest your brain is not fully engaged.

)

• Premium Member

There is no question that the Hawks would be better with Shaq than without Shaq. Just listen to what the players are saying, Al says, I need help. Looking over his shoulder with Shaq is what he is saying. Josh gushes at the mere notion of getting Sthaq. Joe advocates for the cause.

Yeah, and good players have always proven to be such adept GMs.

• Premium Member

I think what he is saying is we should base those decisons on what we know about the player more than just on one stat that you think supports your whole point of view. IMO you are reaching here and about to fall off a cliff.

Your other point about Shaq being a locker room cancer that cannot be overcome is kind of mute also. Shaq only hindered his ex teams significantly on his way out. Obviously it was not to bad while he was there since he has helped win NBA championships with two different teams. No doubt Shaq leaves, just like he arrives, with a bang. I also find it a little strange that you stated its ok to sign this so called locker room cancer for the vet minimum but not for the MLE.

You are shocking me KB with your Shaq hate; its almost like the Bron hate going on in Cleveland right now. But not nearly as justified IMO.

Buzzard usually we are in agreement but not on this. Shaq's problems with teams isn't just when he leaves. He had a public war with Kobe, he was critical of Penny back in Orlando days while on the team, he was such a cancer in Phoenix that Steve Nash of all people begged management to trade him and in the playoffs he was heard telling the Cavs in time outs to listen to him and NOT the COACH.

As I said before if this were another player at Shaq's age with his body and skill set I'd like to see him here but once you add in his cancerous personality then its a wash for me. He quite frankly isn't worth the head ache any more.

I know a motivated Shaq is a much better played than Za Za and Powell.He's going to cost but if you want to win and go far the rewards are greater. I think this off season as shown Shaq he is not nearly valued around the league and that will be a motivating factor for him. Do other teams know something the Hawks don't? Is it Shaq's ego clubhouse cancer? Even with those possibilities I still take the chance or face the alternative getting beat again in the 2nd round and maybe the first with other teams improving.

We haven't even talked about oher teams improving outside of Miami and you know Orlando and Boston are going to be tough.Other teams have improved as well yet the Hawks what have we done?

1.fired Woody hired Drew. That will help but still getting killed by Orlando should show us we do lack talent also to keep up with the elite teams. Don't just think Drew's new philosphy will be the magic potion.

2.resigned JJ until he does it in the playoffs overpriced

3.sign Powell - Joe Smith 2 ?

How is that closing the gap. Few players I see could make a difference.Shaq is the best alternative we have and it's worth the risk.

• Like 1

Broussard was just on 680 the fan and I did not hear him mention anything about Shaq. Guess that means that things have cooled off again as far as the Hawks and Shaq are concerned. I really think Shaq is going to retire if he can't get at least 5+ million from some team.

I know a motivated Shaq is a much better played than Za Za and Powell.He's going to cost but if you want to win and go far the rewards are greater. I think this off season as shown Shaq he is not nearly valued around the league and that will be a motivating factor for him. Do other teams know something the Hawks don't? Is it Shaq's ego clubhouse cancer? Even with those possibilities I still take the chance or face the alternative getting beat again in the 2nd round and maybe the first with other teams improving.

Few players I see could make a difference.Shaq is the best alternative we have and it's worth the risk.

Give this man a beer.

Broussard was just on 680 the fan and I did not hear him mention anything about Shaq. Guess that means that things have cooled off again as far as the Hawks and Shaq are concerned. I really think Shaq is going to retire if he can't get at least 5+ million from some team.

Broussard has flip-flopped more than a hooker at the beach. Can't trust what he says.