• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Broussard of ESPN just said Hawks are frontrunner for signing Shaq

gutz

It appears Shaq has ZERO interest from any other team so he will have to lower his demands if he wants to play this year. Broussard just said this about 20min. ago on ESPN.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

It appears Shaq has ZERO interest from any other team so he will have to lower his demands if he wants to play this year. Broussard just said this about 20min. ago on ESPN.

I sure hope this works out for the Hawks. Come on Sund let's get this deal done!

Does anyone know if the Hawks are trying to acquire Shaq by signing him through Free Agency or by doing a Sign & Trade with the Cavs? Seems to me they would be better off by just signing him as a FA but would Shaq get more money by the Sign & Trade (I am assuming he would)?

• Premium Member

Does the fact that no other team wants him raise a red flag to anyone else? I'm not saying getting him would be a bad pickup but it seems odd that nobody else wants him. :cant believe:

Agreed. He would sell lots of tickets and jerseys, which I'm sure would make ASG happy. I do not think he would not help win games, and I really think he would undermine Horford's development as a locker room leader.

Edited by niremetal

Does the fact that no other team wants him raise a red flag to anyone else? I'm not saying getting him would be a bad pickup but it seems odd that nobody else wants him. :cant believe:

1st off he has probably limited his choices to at the most the top 8 teams. Of those teams, you have to figure in cap space and bench depth. Makes for a very short list IMO.

Agreed. He would sell lots of tickets and jerseys, which I'm sure would make ASG happy. I do not think he would not help win games, and I really think he would undermine Horford's development as a locker room leader.

BS

If Al's leadership can be undermined, he is not worthy as a leader.

• Like 3

BS

If Al's leadership can be undermined, he is not worthy as a leader.

Al is not a leader, we have no leaders. Teams dont give up and get arse spanked in 8 straight second round playoff games if they have leaders.

Al is not a leader, we have no leaders. Teams dont give up and get arse spanked in 8 straight second round playoff games if they have leaders.

Hard to expect any 3rd year player to be a team's leader. Especially conidering that he had the lest expierence of any one in the main 7 man rotation over his first 3 seasons. I do think Al is growing into a leadership role on this current Hawks roster.

As I've said before, Shaq is the difference between a horrible off-season to a good one. As for Shaq drawing no interest, I'm fine with it. I'm pretty sure he would draw a lot more interest if he wanted to play for a lottery team, but he doesn't. He wants to play for a winning team...and all those winning teams either have no cap space or have no space for him.

• Admin

Shaq is a decent big body who will help us but he won't put us over the top.

He has injury issues and is 38 years old. He is not the Shaq Diesel of yesteryear.

If we can get him for a small salary he will be a nice pickup though. Also, he might entice fans to come watch.

One thing...if we get him and Powell...I wonder if that means we are working a trade that might include Zaza

Shaq is a decent big body who will help us but he won't put us over the top.

He has injury issues and is 38 years old. He is not the Shaq Diesel of yesteryear.

If we can get him for a small salary he will be a nice pickup though. Also, he might entice fans to come watch.

One thing...if we get him and Powell...I wonder if that means we are working a trade that might include Zaza

It shouldn't effect Zaza, Powell is not a center. But Powell is a good BU PF. Shaq's marketing value for sponser's is higher than any three present Hawks combined.

• Like 2