• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

To ASG

Swatguy

How many tickets will you buy after Shaq is acquired?  

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Moderators

I'll buy the same number of tix anyway, I'm no good at holding Hawks seats hostage. I suspect the real net gain for A$G is the casual fan who doesn't know Hawksquawk exists.

Now how closely I sit to the floor (read: $$$/game) has more to do with my confidence level in their NBA contention, and signing Shaq (and one more cheapo SF or PG player) makes the need to buy binoculars much less important.

~lw3

• Like 2

I would like for us to sign Shaq, but it has zero bearing on how many games I go to. I bought season tickets immediately following the 13 win season and had them for three years. I would still have them if a couple of my friends weren't travelling so much. I don't think signing Shaq is going to impact the number of games that most Hawksquawkers will go to. True fans are going to go either way. Shaq could impact all of the fans that don't go to many games, don't follow things too closely, etc. Those same fans are the ones that become die hard Braves fans when the playoffs start. Those are the type of fans that will buy a ticket to see Shaq play 15 minutes. So I doubt this poll will give us much insight into what Shaq would bring as far as ticket sales. You almost need another option to pick from - "Signing Shaq won't change the number of games I go to"

• Like 2

I'll buy the same number of tix anyway, I'm no good at holding Hawks seats hostage. I suspect the real net gain for A$G is the casual fan who doesn't know Hawksquawk exists.

Now how closely I sit to the floor (read: $/game) has more to do with my confidence level in their NBA contention, and signing Shaq (and one more cheapo SF or PG player) makes the need to buy binoculars much less important.

~lw3

+1 Totally agree. I'll still be buying the same number of tixs, but the higher the talent level of the Hawks....the lower the seats I get. If we get Shaq, I'll definitely buy a lower level ticket than what I usually get for the first home game.

I also think the number of season tickets will increase when we get Shaq. I think casual fans would be more inclined to see a personality like him for 41 games.

Edited by THFactory820

I've already said on the AJC Hawks Blog, that instead of me traveling to ATL and trying to make 10 games a year, I would actually commit to some sort of ticket package. Probably a 1/2 season ticket package, buying 2 tickets together ( in the 200 level section . . . preferably Sec. 201 or 207 in the corners ).

I'll still go to my 5 - 10 games a year, but I would be looking to sell those other tickets to people looking to go to Hawks games. I also know a young couple in their mid-20s who'd I'd flat out give tickets to ( or sell to them at a very reduced rate ) on occasion.

It would be hard doing that right now, because there is no buzz about the Hawks. Add Shaq though, and you all of a sudden get that buzz, making the selling of tickets easier to do.

When that NBA schedule comes out next Tuesday, it will give me a good idea of what games I want to attend.

The ASG, if they still want Shaq, is about to lose out on possible National TV games if he's not signed before that schedule comes out.

Edited by northcyde

While I respect all you guys, we're the more hardcore fan of the Hawks. So, while most of yall may say it wont affect how many games you attend, I'm almost certain the people who don't follow the Hawks like us will be more compelled to go to games. The reason I say that is because the Hawks will FINALLY create some buzz about our team by making a big addition in the off-season. I mean..the casual fan doesn't know who Crawford was even though that was a big addition. Shaquille O'Neal will make some noise, and create marginal excitement about the Hawks going into the season.

• Premium Member

The Shaq thing could be a difficult situation. Say you bring him in on the low. Good idea? I think not. If ASG doesn't give him the MLE then it's just a waste as I don't see Shaq giving full effort if he's not making good money. Remember this man made 20 million dollars last year. I'm giving a left and right nut for 20 million but for 2 million...huh not so much.

Edited by NineOhTheRino
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

Already renewed my season tix, so it would make zero difference but i do want Shaq

my plan is to buy the season tix then sell the Miami games to pay for part of the package.

I could care less about his effect at the ticket office. I care more about his effect in the wins column, and based on last year, he will not effect the win column very much at all.

Why do you care to comment on a poll you have nothing at all to offer. If you care less, this poll is not for you, don't post. in other words shut up while grown folks are talking.

• Premium Member

Why do you care to comment on a poll you have nothing at all to offer. If you care less, this poll is not for you, don't post. in other words shut up while grown folks are talking.

First off, stop with the condescending BS.

Second, your poll that assumes:

1) That trading for Shaq would lead to people buying 5+ additional tickets; and

2) That the number of extra ticket sales Shaq would generate should drive the decision on whether to acquire him.

He disagreed with assumption 2 (at least). I disagree with both assumptions. Like me, he has the right to say so without being told to shut up.

Edited by niremetal

What an adult thing to say. See, unlike some of the small minded fans that are out there who are only interested in seeing a big name player, I'm more interested in actually winning games. Wins matter. Tickets sold do not matter to me.

First off, stop with the condescending BS.

Second, your poll that assumes:

1) That trading for Shaq would lead to people buying 5+ additional tickets; and

2) That the number of extra ticket sales Shaq would generate should drive the decision on whether to acquire him.

He disagreed with assumption 2 (at least). I disagree with both assumptions. Like me, he has the right to say so without being told to shut up.

Exactly. That's my view.