• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Our Depth Chart...

tbhawksfan

I'll never be satisfied with #2 overall pick Marvin Williams playing like #32 overall pick every year.

And who do we have coming off the bench behind him??? Maurice "Fouling is my Defense" Evans????

In my best Jersey Voice....get outta here!

• Like 2

I'll never be satisfied with #2 overall pick Marvin Williams playing like #32 overall pick every year.

And who do we have coming off the bench behind him??? Maurice "Fouling is my Defense" Evans????

What he said.

doesn't look too bad:

Horf / Zaza / Collins

Smoove / Powell

MW / Mo

JJ / JC1 / JC2

Bibby / Teague

If Drew can get a bit more out of guys like Zaza, Teague and Mo, we could be hard to deal with in a motion Off.

Not too bad...but there are some holes. We need more depth in the front court. Though I'm a fan of Za, his toughness, I don't think he's the only answer backing up Horf, who shouldn't be playing center anyway. After Smoove and Horf, there's not much there I see...

SF is also in need of a boost. Marvin is an adequate player, and we could slide Joe over there as well. But Mo Evans has not showed me much that suggests he should be playing big minutes....

Edited by buckeye242424

Not too bad...but there are some holes. We need more depth in the front court. Though I'm a fan of Za, his toughness, I don't think he's the only answer backing up Horf, who shouldn't be playing center anyway. After Smoove and Horf, there's not much there I see...

SF is also in need of a boost. Marvin is an adequate player, and we could slide Joe over there as well. But Mo Evans has not showed me much that suggests he should be playing big minutes....

Do we take a flyer on someone like Tracy McGrady or Jerry Stackhouse for SF depth? I know they're both way past their prime, but could possibly contribute in a very limited role.

doesn't look too bad:

Horf / Zaza / Collins

Smoove / Powell

MW / Mo

JJ / JC1 / JC2

Bibby / Teague

If Drew can get a bit more out of guys like Zaza, Teague and Mo, we could be hard to deal with in a motion Off.

Looks a lot like last years squad, only older, in a good way, in the front court; and older, in a bad way, in the backcourt.

I think barring some miraculous improvement by Horford or Smith, the Hawks need to hope Teague has a breakout year as that would be the biggest/only upgrade to the rotation.

Do we take a flyer on someone like Tracy McGrady or Jerry Stackhouse for SF depth? I know they're both way past their prime, but could possibly contribute in a very limited role.

Absoutely. McGrady or Stackhouse would be an upgrade over Mo overall, IMO. Mo is better defensively, obviously...but it would be worth it to me to try and go after one of those guys.

Absoutely. McGrady or Stackhouse would be an upgrade over Mo overall, IMO. Mo is better defensively, obviously...but it would be worth it to me to try and go after one of those guys.

I think McGrady's ceiling is higher, but Stack looked pretty good when we played them last season so he may actually have more left in the tank. That, coupled with him training in ATL might give us a chance at him. I have a feeling someone might be willing to throw ridiculous money at McGrady praying he's still got something left worthwhile.

i'm hoping that teague takes bibby's spot on the starting lineup if only to boost the potential of the second unit. i don't like the mix of teague and JC1 trying to play together (both need the ball in their hands to be productive whereas bibby can spot up and wait for JC1 to kick the ball out.) other than that the frontline rotation is gonna be the same as last year so you can go ahead and kick powell and collins off the depth chart altogether. same with mo and JC2.

Ditto. Seconded. This times ten in scientific notation. Should be stickied on top of the message board. I approve of this message....

doesn't look too bad:

Horf / Zaza / Collins

Smoove / Powell

MW / Mo

JJ / JC1 / JC2

Bibby / Teague

So, is that it? Or do we have to sign 1 more? I can't remember.

I sure hope not.

I'm guessing "Poppy Seed" is Pape Sy. If so, he's not going to be on the team this year. It's been reported that he's staying with Le Havre.

Anyway, snagging Tmac or Stackhouse would be fine with me. They might fill in that "Zo" role that Michael Cunningham was talking about.

We need a better big man option and I'd like to see a true back SF. What is Jarvis Hayes doing?

I don't think anyone will argue that. The problem is, who's left? What big men are still available?