• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Josh Powell on becoming a Hawk Video (Look at the board)

JJFAN4LF

• Premium Member

<br><br>

On the board, here are the list of players I see...

• Primoz Brezec
  • Oleksiy Pecherov
  • Kosta Koufos
  • Sean Williams
  • DJ Mbenga
  • Brian Skinner
  • Etan Thomas
  • Rasho Nesterovic

Could this be a list of players the Hawks are possibly looking at? All players mentioned are Free Agents with the exception of Kosta Koufos (I think?) and Rasho Nesterovic (who recently got signed by Olympiakos).

If those are players we're looking at, it tells me that we want a Bruiser. Although Brezec is not. I can see us signing Etan Thomas. He's the most experienced. We may sign DJ Mbenga also. However, if Horf will play more minutes at PF, we will definitely need somebody who can grab some rebounds.

• Moderators

Well done!

Hoping there's not a "Jason Collins" encircled at the top of the list (or, for that matter, a "Jarron Collins" as well).

If forced to take one, I guess either Stewie or the Poet would be my default choices.

~lw3

<object width="388" height="394" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" id="ep"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /><param name="movie" value="http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/.element/swf/1.1/cvp/nba_embed_container.swf?context=nba&videoId=teams/hawks/2010/07/27/powellsigns-1381705" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#000000" /><embed src="http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/.element/swf/1.1/cvp/nba_embed_container.swf?context=nba&videoId=teams/hawks/2010/07/27/powellsigns-1381705" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" bgcolor="#000000" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="388" wmode="transparent" height="394"></embed></object>

<br><br>

• Primoz Brezec
  • Oleksiy Pecherov
  • Kosta Koufos
  • Sean Williams
  • DJ Mbenga
  • Brian Skinner
  • Etan Thomas
  • Rasho Nesterovic

Could this be a list of players the Hawks are possibly looking at? All players mentioned are Free Agents with the exception of Kosta Koufos (I think?) and Rasho Nesterovic (who recently got signed by Olympiakos).

I have a good feeling about DJ Menga!

Etan Thomas and D.J. Mbenga are 2 on that list that definitely intrigue me. Mbenga for his experience playing with the Lakers (Powell as well) and Etan Thomas had some pretty productive years in Washington when given some minutes. I think both give you that toughness we are looking for.

Etan Thomas and D.J. Mbenga are 2 on that list that definitely intrigue me. Mbenga for his experience playing with the Lakers (Powell as well) and Etan Thomas had some pretty productive years in Washington when given some minutes. I think both give you that toughness we are looking for.

Agree and I gotta wonder if Thomas really struggled with his last team and the well publicized conflicts with his teammate. Makes me think that a change of scenery would really revitalize him.

<object width="388" height="394" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" id="ep"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /><param name="movie" value="http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/.element/swf/1.1/cvp/nba_embed_container.swf?context=nba&videoId=teams/hawks/2010/07/27/powellsigns-1381705" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#000000" /><embed src="http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/.element/swf/1.1/cvp/nba_embed_container.swf?context=nba&videoId=teams/hawks/2010/07/27/powellsigns-1381705" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" bgcolor="#000000" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="388" wmode="transparent" height="394"></embed></object>

<br><br>

• Primoz Brezec
  • Oleksiy Pecherov
  • Kosta Koufos
  • Sean Williams
  • DJ Mbenga
  • Brian Skinner
  • Etan Thomas
  • Rasho Nesterovic

Out of all these players Sean Williams seems to be the only one to have real potential for the future. He is still young and athletic and if he can get his head straight he could be a diamond in the rough. Especially with what our team would need out of him which is toughness, blocks and rebounds.