• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Most Memorable Game?

Scout200

• Moderators

The Nique-Bird game sticks out for me for obvious reasons

In the Infamous category:

the Portland-Lakers debacle when Smitty was playing for them and the Lakers seemed to get some 4th quarter assistance to move on in the playoffs

people love it but Jordan clearing out Byron Russell to 'create' a wide open look in the Jazz/bulls finals.

The Nique-Bird game sticks out for me for obvious reasons

In the Infamous category:

the Portland-Lakers debacle when Smitty was playing for them and the Lakers seemed to get some 4th quarter assistance to move on in the playoffs

people love it but Jordan clearing out Byron Russell to 'create' a wide open look in the Jazz/bulls finals.

That Portland-Lakers game really made me hate the Lakers

1) Nique vs Bird in the 1988 EC Semis

2) Game 6 vs Boston in the 2008 playoffs . . mainly because I was there live

3) Magic's running hook ( in the 1985 NBA Finals? ) to beat the Celtics . . that was a real good game

4) Reggie Miller going off on the Knicks in the playoffs, then giving the choke sign to Spike Lee

5) JJ's 20 point quarter vs Boston in the 2008 playoffs

6) the Ralph Sampson - Jerry Sichsting fight in the 1986 Finals

7) shorthanded Hawks coming back from 17 points down in the 4th quarter to beat Denver in 2006. ( I used to watch that quarter all the time . . Woody's best coached quarter ever )

8) Jordan making 6 threes vs Portland in 1991 NBA finals

9) Jamal Crawford's bomb to beat Phoenix last season.

10) Denver beating Seattle in Game 5 in 1994 ( the biggest upset in playoff history at that time )

• Premium Member

1) Wilkins vs. Bird - I remember getting my heart broken game after game in that series. But it was good.

2) The entire 2008 playoffs...man it felt so strange watching the Hawks in the post season!

3) Why am I the only one who remembers this...there was a game that we played against Orlando (I believe) and we were down 10 or so with less than a minute to go (like 42 seconds or something) and in some ridiculous manner, we managed to come back and win that game in like 30 or so seconds worth of possessions. lol Anyone else remember that?

• Moderators

1) Wilkins vs. Bird - I remember getting my heart broken game after game in that series. But it was good.

2) The entire 2008 playoffs...man it felt so strange watching the Hawks in the post season!

3) Why am I the only one who remembers this...there was a game that we played against Orlando (I believe) and we were down 10 or so with less than a minute to go (like 42 seconds or something) and in some ridiculous manner, we managed to come back and win that game in like 30 or so seconds worth of possessions. lol Anyone else remember that?

Yes. Yes. You're talking about Mookie/Smitty. I think we were down 12 with less than a minute. My memory is terrible but i totally remember that game. I loved that team. I remember Mookie having at least one maybe two steals in that final minute. Is that the game you're talking about? There was no quit and no panic in those guys.

• Premium Member

Yes. Yes. You're talking about Mookie/Smitty. I think we were down 12 with less than a minute. My memory is terrible but i totally remember that game. I loved that team. I remember Mookie having at least one maybe two steals in that final minute. Is that the game you're talking about? There was no quit and no panic in those guys.

LOL! YES. I remember Smitty hitting back to back 3's, Mookie getting a steal...and Orlando blew a possession or something. But I've never seen anything like that since. Glad I'm not going crazy. It started to feel like maybe I just remembered it wrong.

• Moderators

LOL! YES. I remember Smitty hitting back to back 3's, Mookie getting a steal...and Orlando blew a possession or something. But I've never seen anything like that since. Glad I'm not going crazy. It started to feel like maybe I just remembered it wrong.

No. i won't forget that. I wish i had a video. i remember because i wasn't at home for some reason. I was in a hotel and caught the last half of the 4th. i just couldn't believe it. It happened so fast that Orlando just seemed to not even have time to think. maybe someone can dig it up somewhere. I can't imagine there are a whole lot of games where that large of a deficit was overcome in such a short period of time so you think there'd be some mention of it somewhere.

The only visual i remember from the game was mookie getting a steal i think right at half court and then maybe he got fouled or something. It was just unreal he was able to come up with a steal at a point where Orlando just needed to hold the ball.

<br />No.  i won't forget that.  I wish i had a video.  i remember because i wasn't at home for some reason.  I was in a hotel and caught the last half of the 4th.  i just couldn't believe it.  It happened so fast that Orlando just seemed to not even have time to think.  maybe someone can dig it up somewhere.  I can't imagine there are a whole lot of games where that large of a deficit was overcome in such a short period of time so you think there'd be some mention of it somewhere. <br /><br />The only visual i remember from the game was mookie getting a steal i think right at half court and then maybe he got fouled or something.  It was just unreal he was able to come up with a steal at a point where Orlando just needed to hold the ball.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

I remember penny dribbling the ball off his foot and it going out of bounds in that crazy stretch.

speaking of overcoming large deficits, the t mac 13(?) points in the last min (?) comes to mind.

Man! You guys beat me to it. That game i remember like yesterday. It was in the 97 season. For some reason I remember Darrin Hancock played a key role in that comeback. You guys remember him?? I do wish someone could find some footage of that game and particularly the last minute and a half.

Speaking of the 97 Hawks. A game I remember a lot was Game 5 against Detroit. That was a fun one. Remember Deke with those crucial blocks and then Smitty hitting that long 3 in the corner followed by his shimmy? LOL Great memories. Other than that, I would say that my most memorable Hawks games would be...

5. Game 5 in 96 vs. The Pacers (Reggie returns from injury)

4. Nique's last game as a Hawks in 94 vs. Seattle. We all kinda knew it was gonna be his last game. Very emotional

3. Game 6 in 88 vs. Boston. (I was only 7 at the time but i remember watching this game with my dad and being so disappointed when Boston won. I pulled it up on youtube after all these years! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIuwkhz-eag

2. Game 7 in 88 vs. Boston. Nuff Said Nique vs. Bird

1. Game 6 in 08. I put this first because I was actually there and the crowd that night was on another level. Give me chills or Chillz just thinking about it. I say Chillz because the Arena exploded when he made that and one layup that sent Pierce to the bench with his 6th foul and the whole crowd sang "Hit the road Jack"!

Reggie Miller 8 points in 8.9 seconds was a memorable 8.9 seconds for me. Those Knicks / Pacers series of that day were all very good. Seeing Spike Lee and Reggie talk crap was entertaining b/c Reggie backed it up with clutch shots.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reggie_Miller

On May 7, 1995, Miller scored eight points in 8.9 seconds in Game 1 of the Eastern Conference semifinals against the Knicks, leading the Pacers to a stunning 107-105 victory. With 18.7 seconds remaining and the Pacers trailing by six points, Miller made a three-point shot, stole the inbounds pass from Greg Anthony, dribbled back to the three-point arc and tied the game with a second three-pointer, stunning the Knicks bench and their fans. On the ensuing possession, Knicks guard John Starks was fouled by Pacer Sam Mitchell. Starks missed both free throws, and although Patrick Ewing managed to rebound the second miss, his shot rattled out. Miller rebounded the ball, was fouled, and made both free throws. Trailing by two points, the New York Knicks had one last chance to tie or win the game, but failed to get a shot off, giving the Pacers a shocking 1-0 lead in the best-of-seven series.

Then there was the most physical game I have ever seen. It was the '84 Finals with the Celtics and Lakers. The C's were coming off a loss and Bird had been calling his team "a bunch of sissies" after they way they loss. McHale took note and through Kurt Rambis to the ground which turned the biggest rivalry in sports into a war. Kareem and Bird nearly came to blows as well. The AC was not working in the Boston Garden that day. The game temperture was reported to be at 97 and stuffy as an old gym closet. That game was what made me a fan of basketball. The old Boston Garden truely had a mystic about that gave you boose bumps. Before that game I was a Dr. J fan and not really a basketball fan. Nique was an exciting x-Dawg on the Hawks, and then I was hooked for life with an excitnig local team.

The most memorable NBA games I have ever attended were easily Game 3 and Game 6 of the 08 series with Boston. It was so intense and physical. The Highlight Factory truely lived up to its nickname. I hope the Hawks bring more playoff intensity like that in the coming years.

Edited by coachx

1) Nique vs Bird in the 1988 EC Semis

2) Game 6 vs Boston in the 2008 playoffs . . mainly because I was there live

3) Magic's running hook ( in the 1985 NBA Finals? ) to beat the Celtics . . that was a real good game

4) Reggie Miller going off on the Knicks in the playoffs, then giving the choke sign to Spike Lee

5) JJ's 20 point quarter vs Boston in the 2008 playoffs

6) the Ralph Sampson - Jerry Sichsting fight in the 1986 Finals

7) shorthanded Hawks coming back from 17 points down in the 4th quarter to beat Denver in 2006. ( I used to watch that quarter all the time . . Woody's best coached quarter ever )

8) Jordan making 6 threes vs Portland in 1991 NBA finals

9) Jamal Crawford's bomb to beat Phoenix last season.

10) Denver beating Seattle in Game 5 in 1994 ( the biggest upset in playoff history at that time )

Wow, that's quite the list!!!

• Premium Member

Of the several thousand NBA games played.. What’s the most memorable game that sticks out in your mind?

-Scout

Actually... Hawks Boston game 6.

Not Nique vs. Bird...

Zaza vs. Garnett!!!

The thing that made this most memorable was the fact that we were so much of an underdog. I remember the Celtics coming out and saying ,we're going to take care of them in game 6. I remember it was back and fourth most of the game. Zaza and Chillz played big inthe game. Even Marvin showed up. Then Pierce fouled out.

The thing that makes it most memorable was the fan support. I don't remember a time when there was more fan support in atlanta for the Hawks. The Building was electric and the city was buzzing. People who don't even care about the Hawks were watching and the Hawks delivered at home.

Excluding Hawks games, that performance by Miller against the Knicks stands out for me. That was just an amazing performance.

If you exclude the Hawks,

I got Jordan vs. the Knicks...

Chicago vs. PTL in the finals (I wanted PTL to win this one).

PHI vs. the LAL in the finals.

PTL vs LAL in the playoffs when PTL got screwed.

DET bad boys vs. the Celtics big three...

All of the one's mentioned are great so I won't repeat them. But another game that sticks out with me (although not really a great "game") was the '96? Hawks vs Supersonics when Smitty went off on a 3 point barrage. I was at that game and I've never seen a player get that hot from down town. Def one of the greatest performances I've ever seen.