• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Prediction for our new center Etan

I am predicting Etan Thomas gets into multiple fights with Zaza during practices, scrimmages, etc. lol..just have a gut feeling they will go at one other very hard and someone will end up with a black eye and or a broken nose...:-)

I am predicting Etan Thomas gets into multiple fights with Zaza during practices, scrimmages, etc. lol..just have a gut feeling they will go at one other very hard and someone will end up with a black eye and or a broken nose...:-)

He won't want to fight Zaza. I'm sure Thomas is pretty tough and faster and has more hops, etc. than Zaza - but fighting him would be a really bad idea. You could hurt your hand hitting that head....and word is - Zaza fears no man.

• Like 1

20 and 12, All-Star birth, 2nd team All NBA/Defense, singlehandedly the reason josh smith and al horford get traded for carmelo anthony. his aura will blot out the sun, etc., etc., etc.,

really though, if we get 5 games in which he makes a difference it'll be a good signing. the guy is third on the depth chart. he'll prob be in a suit for half the season. the guy is the 11th man at best. and he's making 11th man money.

:handshake:

Personally, I like the signing. Hawks have long needed a big, inside presence and I believe

they may have found him.

I don't expect him to play a lot of minutes. He's being paid 12th man money, not starter and certainly

not star money. You gotta have someone fill that #12 slot. From all I can read, he brings exactly

what the Hawks need. I expect to see him for a few minutes here and there and I believe he will

make just enough difference that some games will be won instead of lost.

If he can do that, great. If he can't, Hawks don't lose a big pile of $$$.

:vacation1:

20 and 12, All-Star birth, 2nd team All NBA/Defense, singlehandedly the reason josh smith and al horford get traded for carmelo anthony. his aura will blot out the sun, etc., etc., etc.,

really though, if we get 5 games in which he makes a difference it'll be a good signing. the guy is third on the depth chart. he'll prob be in a suit for half the season. the guy is the 11th man at best. and he's making 11th man money.

LOL.

Let's keep a count on how many games he positively contributes in. Win or lose. Not by looking at the stats.

The key is "injury". He sat out a lot of games because Thunders wanted to develop their young stud center Ibaka. I wonder how many games Thomas missed because of injury last year.

If he doesn't get injured, will his defensive contribution be better than scary eyed Thomas?

According to Sham, Etan's contract is unguaranteed, in fact, he's the only one out of Powell and Collins that isn't guaranteed. This shows that management has less faith in him than many of the fans here do.

The market was influenced by injury history. If he is injured, he isn't worth anything anyway. They will know in the training camp whether to keep him or let him go. Nothing to lose.

• Like 1

• Moderators

His absolute best season was 7 years ago he averaged 25 minutes 9 points 6 rebounds. He's averaged more than 15 minutes once in the last six years. We've got 4 centers and the prospect of some small ball. If he gets 5 minutes it will be shocking to me. But as long as he bangs some people that's cool.

An Etan - Zaza fight is bound to get ugly quick. The only way to break that up is for Collins to fake a heart attack as a distraction.

:handshake:

Personally, I like the signing. Hawks have long needed a big, inside presence and I believe

they may have found him.

I don't expect him to play a lot of minutes. He's being paid 12th man money, not starter and certainly

not star money. You gotta have someone fill that #12 slot. From all I can read, he brings exactly

what the Hawks need. I expect to see him for a few minutes here and there and I believe he will

make just enough difference that some games will be won instead of lost.

If he can do that, great. If he can't, Hawks don't lose a big pile of $$$.

:vacation1:

Agreed! I think he may be a good practice guy!