• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Marvin = 15-7-1....is that enough to drop the bust label

thecampster

40 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Marvin is our leading scorer at 12 with 2:58 left in the 1st half against Cleveland. We lead 54-38. If you're going to mention everytime he scores low (0) then mention when he does good too.

Agreed Endy9.....I hereby proclaim, at 9:36 on November 2nd, in the year two thousand and ten...Marvin is no longer a bust!....(unless he disappears tomorrow night). :kickcan: then &%$ him :tongue:

Edited by DJlaysitup
  • Like 1

Marvin is our leading scorer at 12 with 2:58 left in the 1st half against Cleveland. We lead 54-38. If you're going to mention everytime he scores low (0) then mention when he does good too.

It's about bringing production to the table night in and night out. Marvin is like Laphonso Ellis in his time he was with the Hawks.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

Marvin Williams is to the Hawks what Michael Jenkins is to the Falcons.

Both are very tall athletes that play much smaller than they are. They both have big bodies that they don't use (Jenkins in not overpowering smaller DBs and Marvin in not taking it to the rim enough and banging). They both can bring you good production from time to time, but will oftentimes disappear for long stretches. 20 points in a game is to Marvin what 100 yards receiving in a game is to Jenkins. Neither can be counted on to deliver when it matters most. Both are painfully average for their respective positions. And both are unfortunately overpaid for their production. However, both are relatively young vets that DO provide some return on the investment...just too little that have both teams (especially the Hawks) looking for clear upgrades.

Eh, I'm tired of Marvin. He said during tonight's postgame interview that he "decided to be aggressive" today. If he just focused on being consistently aggressive, he would be a lot better...and people wouldn't complain about him so much.

Marvin Williams is to the Hawks what Michael Jenkins is to the Falcons.

Both are very tall athletes that play much smaller than they are. They both have big bodies that they don't use (Jenkins in not overpowering smaller DBs and Marvin in not taking it to the rim enough and banging). They both can bring you good production from time to time, but will oftentimes disappear for long stretches. 20 points in a game is to Marvin what 100 yards receiving in a game is to Jenkins. Neither can be counted on to deliver when it matters most. Both are painfully average for their respective positions. And both are unfortunately overpaid for their production. However, both are relatively young vets that DO provide some return on the investment...just too little that have both teams (especially the Hawks) looking for clear upgrades.

Eh, I'm tired of Marvin. He said during tonight's postgame interview that he "decided to be aggressive" today. If he just focused on being consistently aggressive, he would be a lot better...and people wouldn't complain about him so much.

Umm no, I don't recall Jenkins ever having over 100 yards a game in his career. I would say 30 points in a game since that's pretty rare for Marvin.

Umm no, I don't recall Jenkins ever having over 100 yards a game in his career. I would say 30 points in a game since that's pretty rare for Marvin.

Eh, you took that too literally. My point was that both are quite rare for both players (with Jenkins never eclipsing 100). I used 20 and 100 because of their round numbers and significance ...20 points being a good game for most NBA players, and 100 yards being a good game for a WR.

Marvin sucks until he proves otherwise.

Hey may chooose to be or not be aggressive on a nightly basis bit he also chose to sign that 40 million dollar contract. He could have went ricky williams on us and quit but instead he took the money.

For the hawks to have that kind of money tied up into a player I expect production.

16 points total over prior 3 games and 22 the next sucks.

Marvin is good for 5 or 6 games a year - out of 82

• Like 1