• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Last nights crowd was embarrassing!

HorfordTheBeast

• Moderators

I realize it was just the Pistons on a dreary Wednesday night but c'mon now! If you're going to have that many empty lower level seats AFTER halftime maybe you could make and announcement and let everyone in the upper levels move down. At least that way it doesn't look so ridiculous on TV. Hell that looked like a D league crowd last night. We need to get out and support this 5-0 team! Get on stubhub or craigslist and grab some cheap seats folks!

All these 7pm starts are rough too. 7:30 or 8pm is key. LOL, maybe since Atlanta fans are late to EVERYTHING we could tell them the game starts at 7 but really it starts at 7:30.

I don't understand the 7 start time anyway. Its not like that's early enough i could take my kids to a weeknight game. But its hard to get there on time even when you're trying.

I don't understand the 7 start time anyway. Its not like that's early enough i could take my kids to a weeknight game. But its hard to get there on time even when you're trying.

I agree...

I also think a lot of it has to do with ticket prices too. To the folks selling high dollar lower level seats....LOWER YOUR PRICES! I cannot tell you how many times I look on stubhub to see tons of idiots selling lower level seats for waaaaay too much money only to go back and see those same seats are still for sale AFTER tip off. You wouldn't have to eat your tickets had you not had them so high to begin with!

We're still better than Heat fans.

Statistically speaking unfortunately no we're not.....

Even last year they were 3 spots ahead of us (#18) in attendance at #15.

http://espn.go.com/nba/attendance/_/year/2010'>http://espn.go.com/nba/attendance/_/year/2010

This year near the bottom at #24. I realize it's really early but for a team that's 5-0 and went to the second round we should be better than 24th best.

http://espn.go.com/nba/attendance

• Premium Member

http://espn.go.com/nba/attendance/_/year/2010'>http://espn.go.com/nba/attendance/_/year/2010

This year near the bottom at #24. I realize it's really early but for a team that's 5-0 and went to the second round we should be better than 24th best.

damn we suck!!! I blame Woody.

It seams that PCT means Percentage, but it goes over 100, so I am not sure what to make of that column.

It is your typical weekday crowd for Atlanta sports team. This stuff has been going on since the dawn of sports in this city. You are not the first one to complain and you sure as hell won't be the last. My advice to not waste your time complaining about it and just accept it.

Edited by Paladin

I agree...

I also think a lot of it has to do with ticket prices too. To the folks selling high dollar lower level seats....LOWER YOUR PRICES! I cannot tell you how many times I look on stubhub to see tons of idiots selling lower level seats for waaaaay too much money only to go back and see those same seats are still for sale AFTER tip off. You wouldn't have to eat your tickets had you not had them so high to begin with!

Idiots? not quite. Those of us that sit in the lower level (I'm in section 116, row C) pay quite a bit of money for our season tickets. Why would we sell these tickets for lower than what we pay for them? Besides, even if we don't sell them, we can trade the tickets in for credits to future games.

That being said, I don't sell the tickets I can't use. But I don't miss many games. I think I missed 3 home games last year. Those few tickets I can't use I give away or donate them. In Fact last night I went to the game by myself, but I'll trade that extra ticket for a future game.

Lot's of people can't attend every game. Lots of us have family obligations/jobs/ etc. I'm sure the weather effected lots of people from coming to the game.

I'd also like to point out - if you do attend the games or are a season ticket holder, that doesn't make you any more of a fan than those who sit in front of their TVs or constantly check the stats on ESPN?NBA.com because they are unable to attend the games.

if anyone is an idiot it's you for talking out of your *ss.

• Like 1

"if anyone is an idiot it's you for talking out of your *ss."

Wouldn't it be "typing out of your *ss"?

Don't take what I wrote personally. It sounds like you are an exception to the rule so it wasn't directed at folks like you. I'm pointing out the people that attempt to re-sell at much high costs than the actual ticket price. This happens constantly on stubhub as lower level seats are always marked up by sellers. It annoys me that I come back to see these tix still available after tip off. Those seats could have been sold and filled but were priced too high. Instead they end up empty and an ugly blemish on the broadcast (especially if it's on espn or tnt).

• Premium Member

Idiots? not quite. Those of us that sit in the lower level (I'm in section 116, row C) pay quite a bit of money for our season tickets. Why would we sell these tickets for lower than what we pay for them? Besides, even if we don't sell them, we can trade the tickets in for credits to future games.

if anyone is an idiot it's you for talking out of your *ss.

I think it goes without saying that singling out one person and calling them an "idiot" steps over the line.

In any case, it's not talking out of your rear to say that people on StubHub shouldn't expect to get face value for their tickets. Supply almost invariably exceeds demand for such tickets. It's like when you're subletting an apartment for the summer in an area with an overabundance of available summer housing (e.g. near a university) - if you demand the full rent price, you'll probably wind up no buyers at all. The reason to sell for lower than the price you paid is because taking a partial loss is much better than taking a full loss. If you have the option of getting a credit for a future game, great. But that doesn't affect the supply/demand issue on the resale market, which consists of tickets purchased (or even received for free) for a variety of reasons and from a variety of sources.

I really wish people would stop griping about this subject every year. It is way past old now.

Yea I know right, this happens every year at the beginning of the season. Wait till January and you will see sell out crowds its been like that that for the last couple years.

Edited by Deeman

One thing I don't get about Atlanta fans is they never show up at game time. Its not just the Hawks either. It seems that at least half the fans don't get to thier seats until late in the 2nd quarter. Same for the Dream. For the Braves, its about the 3rd inning or later. (Never been to a Falcons or Thrashers game.) Can't see blaming the 7pm start time - it happens no matter what the start time is.

Anyway, I don't blame the fans for not coming. If they have better things to do, or would rather watch on TV that's fine. That's what I do most the time time. But, I just don't get going to all the trouble of going to the game, paying for expensive tickets and then not getting to the seats till the game is 1/4-1/2 over. I've started wondering if they just start letting people in for free after the first quarter is over..... Maybe I should hang around outside and find out.

I realize it was just the Pistons on a dreary Wednesday night but c'mon now! If you're going to have that many empty lower level seats AFTER halftime maybe you could make and announcement and let everyone in the upper levels move down. At least that way it doesn't look so ridiculous on TV. Hell that looked like a D league crowd last night. We need to get out and support this 5-0 team! Get on stubhub or craigslist and grab some cheap seats folks!

All these 7pm starts are rough too. 7:30 or 8pm is key. LOL, maybe since Atlanta fans are late to EVERYTHING we could tell them the game starts at 7 but really it starts at 7:30.

Maybe if they would consider lowering the prices more people would buy tickets. The lower level is around the $100.00 price range. Honestly, that's a lot of money. As far as moving people down, is that fair to the people who paid the $100 per ticket? No!! I was a season holder in the lower level last year, but I have not renewed this year for one reason is because the prices of the tickets increased. I'm sorry, in this economy, $4000 per seat is alot of money for me.

Concerning game times, for weekday games the 7:00, actually 7:15 starts worked great for me because after the game I had a 45 minutes drive back home. So returning home before 11:00 was great.

Season ticket holder, Sec 115 Row J. They are expensive............and yea, we can do trade ins on unused tickets.

What made last night worse that there were a ton of local schoolkids there too, not sure if they were all comped.

Last year, I was a first year Hawks fan and season holder, and I sat in Section 115. It was boring as a funeral. As much as I paid for the tickets, I thoroughly disappointed. The atmospere at high schools and colleges are more exciting than at the Hawks game. Honestly, it's more exciting sitting at home yelling at the television screen.