• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Don't Blame Horford

HalfHawk

Although it's easy to point out Al choked on two game tying free throws and bricked a three to keep hopes alive, I'd like to point out the performance by the usual culprits, no shows Marvin and Bibby who shot 3-13 collectively. Both had several opportunities to hit OPEN shot which would've put the Jazz beyond reach in hopes for a win and missed each one.

Hell if you want, blame the whole team for a despicable showing when it mattered most, but don't blame Al as an individual. The guy's never been under game on the line pressure like that, even the commentators were at a lost for words when Joe didn't touch the ball on the second to last possession.

Edited by SmooveZilla

Although it's easy to point out Al choked on two game tying free throws and bricked a three to keep hopes alive, I'd like to point out the performance by the usual culprits, no shows Marvin and Bibby. Both had several opportunities to hit OPEN shot which would've put the Jazz beyond reach in hopes for a win.

Hell if you want, blame the whole team for a despicable showing when it mattered most.

No one is blaming Al, everyone choked in the 4th.

We have blown 4th quarter leads in two of the last three losses. Same crap different year and it is very frustrating to watch. If they lose to the T-wolves next game, I will have doubt about there ability to ake a run at the playoffs. Hope they come to play Sunday afternoon.

We have blown 4th quarter leads in two of the last three losses. Same crap different year and it is very frustrating to watch. If they lose to the T-wolves next game, I will have doubt about there ability to ake a run at the playoffs. Hope they come to play Sunday afternoon.

I think there is plenty of blame to go around - but we could sure use help at the PG spot.

I would agree that some of the criticism is over the top. However, some of it is not...as we are beginning to witness some disturbing trends so far this young season. Were we as good as our 6-0 start? Nope. But are we as bad as our last 4 games? Even the staunchest of gloom-and-doomers would say no.

Either way, here's to hoping we right the ship starting against the T Wolves.

Why not blame Horford?

Had JJ, Marvin, Smith, Bibby missed those 2 FTs ( with 4 misses in the 4th quarter ), they would be ripped to hell.

Plus the Hawks gave up 5 offensive rebounds in the final 7 minutes of that game. And Horford didn't board well at all that game.

Oh yeah . . he's definitely going to get the blame. Fans are quick to blame everybody else for bad plays or lackluster performances. So "Boss" isn't exempt from that.

• Like 3

Why not blame Horford?

Had JJ, Marvin, Smith, Bibby missed those 2 FTs ( with 4 misses in the 4th quarter ), they would be ripped to hell.

Plus the Hawks gave up 5 offensive rebounds in the final 7 minutes of that game. And Horford didn't board well at all that game.

Oh yeah . . he's definitely going to get the blame. Fans are quick to blame everybody else for bad plays or lackluster performances. So "Boss" isn't exempt from that.

As much as I hate to say it you are right. Horford is the fan favorite and gets a pass on this. Smoove, JJ, Bibby etc. would have been ripped to shreds over this. Sometimes I think this team is too talented for their own good. When they are on their game, they can run teams out of the gym. They can look like the best team in the league and one of the most inept from quarter to quarter. It is frustrating to watch. Let's home they bring their A game tomorrow for 4 quarters. We can't afford to drop one to the T-Wolves. No matter how early in the year it is.

• Premium Member

That was the least clutch thing I've seen in a while. The guy was hitting nothing but net on those free throws all year, and then he misses two in a row?? I mean damn... even hitting just one would have given us a decent chance at tying the game but the guy missed both, during a three game losing streak... Easily one of the lowest points of Horford's basketball career.

• Like 1

That was the least clutch thing I've seen in a while. The guy was hitting nothing but net on those free throws all year, and then he misses two in a row?? I mean damn... even hitting just one would have given us a decent chance at tying the game but the guy missed both, during a three game losing streak... Easily one of the lowest points of Horford's basketball career.

Tough to say with the lack of pressure that is playing Minnesota, but at least he was 10/10 from the line. Hopefully everyone realizes they have to give free throws some practice everyday. Shooting 50% from the line in the Utah game was unacceptable.